Fireman pen ????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Ed and any others who know

I am making the Fireman lever action kit and this is the first lever action kit I made. I am making for a couple fireman friends and may add them to my line of sellers. I ordered some spare tubes from you ED and received them. On the package it says lever action tubes so I am going to assume (this gets me in trouble) they are replacements for all lever action kits. ????

I measured the replacement tubes and they measured 46.5mm. The original tubes measure 48.0mm I know many pen kits out there are tube length sensitive. Is this the case with the fireman kit?? I looked at the ones I did and the refill is very close to the end when closed. But it is within the kit.

My question to you or anyone else who has used the replacement tubes for a fireman kit has it worked out?? Thanks in advance. Hope someone can answer soon.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
HI JT!!

THANK YOU for bringing this to my attention!!

We have the Fireman and lever action listed as interchangeable---so yes we shipped you the tubes for that "series".

YOU ARE CORRECT!!! THE LENGTH IS DIFFERENT!!! PLEASE DO NOT USE THEM FOR THE FIREMAN PEN!!!

WE WILL REPLACE THEM, at no charge for the pieces or the shipping.

I need to get some that are correct, then we will begin the process of replacing any that we have shipped that are incorrect.

Yes, they MAY work, the difference is .05"=not much, but you correctly point out it could be too short, when assembled.

AGAIN, THANKS!!!!!

Ed

jttheclockman

Thanks Ed I will stick in the mail Monday. I know the thickness of these tubes is greater than normal 10mm tubes so I can not substitute that either. If you can not get them I will look around.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
KEEP the incorrect ones, it costs 2.70 to ship anything first class mail.

I am sure I can get the correct ones from Berea, just a question of how long it will take.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
They probably arrived last Friday, we have been packing and shipping!!

Will open the boxes tomorrow. If they are in the box (packing list says they are), I will send you a couple sets.

Sorry for the delay!! We are (gratefully) incredibly busy filling orders!!!

jttheclockman

They probably arrived last Friday, we have been packing and shipping!!

Will open the boxes tomorrow. If they are in the box (packing list says they are), I will send you a couple sets.

Sorry for the delay!! We are (gratefully) incredibly busy filling orders!!!

I did order 7 tubes Ed. As I said I can send the others back if you would like. Your call. Thanks. I did have enough for my show for this Sat. Hopefully they are winners and get some sales. I know I will make 2 for friends of mine as gifts.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey John,

Your tubes are finally going into the mail, tonight. Sorry for the long delay, I am thrilled to say we have been 'packing and shipping' steadily all week. Slowed down about 3 PM today.

Again, thanks for your patience!!

Ed

Top Bottom