Exotics Support of the Bash

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

I have noticed a couple of the guest artist on Exotics and including exotics are sponsoring events for the bash. If it is not too personal, could you tell why you are and why you picked which event you did?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

Sure. . .

There are several reasons.

IAP is a great "free" service to most of us. There is not a membership fee to access the great information available here. This is a great source to find new products, save money, and expand our knowledge. It encourages us to think outside the box. Also it is a great way to meet many new people from all over the world. The activities that occur are awesome. PITH, Castaways, challenges throughout the year. Not to mention things for Pens for Troops. The occasional fund raiser for events to help others out. One time a friend of mine was entered in a contest to try and get a commercial in the Superbowl, and the "family" on IAP helped him get through a couple rounds that he would not be able to other wise. This is an easy way for me to give back.

Sometime last year my oldest daughter entered in the youth penturners contest. She was very excited and the prizes she won were unbelievable. However the whole conflict of interest caused me to decide to go to the age group she would not be in. My father threw me out when I was 8 years old and my grandparents raised me. So I am a big supporter of people doing things with their kids, nephews/nieces, grand kids, cousins, ect. I figure this is a great skill for kids to learn and get them away from their ipods, computers. (ironic I am using a computer to write this)

And. . . It is promotion of my product, and may cause a couple people to go ahead and try it.

Brooks803

IAP has given me so much that I wanted to do something to help give back and further spread it's wealth of knowledge and comradery. What better way to do that than during the Birthday Bash. Where members join together to spread the joy of pen turning through competition and prizes.

This year I am sponsoring the Russ Fairfield Contest. Russ' work was inspired and he showed how the most basic kit that most of us take for granted can be transformed into a work of art. The stylistic changes he made to the slim line have such an elegance and grace that we need to continue to share our variations so his legacy will never fade.

edicehouse

31611_10151917719788736_966791371_n.jpg

Working on getting the bash prize box together. Here is a sample, just brought down a little, didn't worry about cleaning it too much. This is a sample of what will be in the box. This is PR, there will be other things. It's funny you can't see the lime green/yellow in the picture....

JohnU

Ed and Jonathan have both mentioned all of what I feel so I will keep this short, mostly because I'm trying to type this on my very small cell phone key pad. Lol I've received so much support from the IAP that I'm not sure I can ever repay it back. In my early days of trying to make pens I had a few members here help me with blanks, tools and products. My payment to them when I asked was to remember their generosity and pay it back when I was able. I've never forgotten that and try to fulfill that promise. That was my inspiration to choose the Beginner Beautiful Pen Contest. Good luck all and I hope we see lots of participation in the BASH this year.

Last edited:

beck3906

Sounds like your question is targeted to Exotic Blank vendors? Why would anyone want to support the bash? Because of the same answers given.

Top Bottom