Exotics burried treasures

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

My wife and I were looking at some of the blanks, she was trying to find one I made before and I wasn't sure which one it was. Soon she was remembering this one and that one and this one and so forth. Then I started to think it was one of the freebies I got for you all. The cool thing with the freebies you give they are blanks I didn't get, but turn out being real nice. I am wondering which blanks you all have gotten that you got on a whim or someone needed a certain color but were just amazed. I am looking at the ones that are inexpensive (hate using the word cheap, because to me cheap = junk).

My hidden treasure is this one: Exotic Blanks :: Pen Blanks :: Rhino Plastics :: Earth's Core Rhino Plastic

Sadly I don't know if or where I have a decent picture of a finished product.

The purpose of this is not to promote guest artists, but to help expose some of the burried treasures.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

This is one from the last EB order I received. Not sure what the blank is called, but I reverse painted it with black Testor's acrylic paint.

Attachments

• LeRoi Button Clicker.JPG
    LeRoi Button Clicker.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 290
Here is one example of Earth's Core on a antique brass bolt action, loved this blank.

I also find buried treasures, it sure is hard to predict what the finished product will look like- that is the fun of the journey.

Another fun one I had to try was Molten Metal, I like the darker looking pens in general. This is on a classic twist kit.

Attachments

• MT1310.13 Bolt Tec Earths Core.jpg
    MT1310.13 Bolt Tec Earths Core.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 265
  • MT1311.09 Classic Twist Molten Metal.jpg
    MT1311.09 Classic Twist Molten Metal.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 233

Dolphinjon

I received the blank "London Fog" at least a year ago and was terrified of it because it was so translucent. My wife kept asking me to make something with it, so I finally turned a cigar out of it. I reverse painted it with "Platinum" Ceramcoat acrylic paint. It's now one of my favorites that I keep threatening to keep for myself. I should have listens to my wife sooner.
A close second would be an unlabeled blank that I think is Rhinoplastic. I did my first closed end acrylic pen with it (presimo fountain pen) and love it. I also want to keep that one for myself...

robutacion

I received the blank "London Fog" at least a year ago and was terrified of it because it was so translucent. My wife kept asking me to make something with it, so I finally turned a cigar out of it. I reverse painted it with "Platinum" Ceramcoat acrylic paint. It's now one of my favorites that I keep threatening to keep for myself. I should have listens to my wife sooner.
A close second would be an unlabeled blank that I think is Rhinoplastic. I did my first closed end acrylic pen with it (presimo fountain pen) and love it. I also want to keep that one for myself...

Well, you know what we say here, "no pics, didn't happen...!"

Cheers
George

D.Oliver

Here's my list:

Cecatean seas
Alchemy
Golden Dawn
Golden Ruby
Burnt Copper

I don't think you can get the top 4 anymore, but when they had them they were great blanks. I bet Dawn still remembers how to make them though (hint hint)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Yes, Derek!!

Those were ALL PR Princess originals!! And I miss the "cup a resin". Whenever she waited just a little TOO long for the color to gel, I would get a full cup of ONE color, that I could make into an egg for my Kaleggoscopes. We had fun, but you have no idea how many failures there were. Sold thousands---threw away hundreds, gave hundreds away at IAP meetings!!!

It all took a LOT of time and the drum of resin had to be used in fairly short time frame.

But thanks for mentioning them!!!

InvisibleMan

Is it true? Is my big box of PR Princess blanks now full of collectors items? Is there a black market for these blanks? Can I get rich??!

All kidding aside, they really are nice blanks, but I definitely understand the grief they provide between all the victories:)

JohnU

Yes, Derek!!

Those were ALL PR Princess originals!! And I miss the "cup a resin". Whenever she waited just a little TOO long for the color to gel, I would get a full cup of ONE color, that I could make into an egg for my Kaleggoscopes. We had fun, but you have no idea how many failures there were. Sold thousands---threw away hundreds, gave hundreds away at IAP meetings!!!

It all took a LOT of time and the drum of resin had to be used in fairly short time frame.

But thanks for mentioning them!!!

They are all STILL my favorites! I give a lot of stuff away to some local friends who have gotten in to turning but NOT my "very limited unavailable" PR PRINCESS ORIGINALS. I have a box of them I set aside for special donation pens and fundraisers. I also buy them up anytime I see someone selling them. I recently got one in a cast a way box and bought a nice stash from another cleaning shop. It was a good day!

Top Bottom