Email--you asked for it, but didn't open!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Once again, I am preparing an email for those in the ExoticBlanks.com email list. This time, that will be 1250 people---we thank you!!

Our last email was received, but NOT OPENED by about 250 people!! This was sent out at 18:30 on September 13 (Saturday). PLEASE!!! Check your spam, if you did not receive it, but think you "signed up"!! If you find this email, check the "NOT SPAM" and it will be moved to your inbox. This also will allow our future emails to come to your inbox.

Another "strategy" is to add ExoticBlanks to your "contacts". Although this is not a guarantee, it does move us to the inbox in many mail clients (gmail, comcast, yahoo, etc).

I do NOT want to spam anyone!!!

So, if you have never asked for our email---I don't think there is any way you will receive it. But, if you WANT to see what we have that's new, or may be on "special", we want to get the info to you!!

If you want to know if you are one of the 250, PM me, with your email address that you think you registered, I can let you know if it is on my "did not open" list.

Thanks for reading,

Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Quality Pen

80% open rate seems pretty stellar to me :D

I'm sure you could bump that up a notch with.... oh, something along the lines of "COUPON INSIDE!"

:biggrin::biggrin:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Just out of curiousity, how do you know if an email was opened or not?

One of the most efficient methods of communicating with those who want to listen is email. In order to GET our email, you HAD to request it. However, sending hundreds of emails at a time is best handled by professional "houses" that specialize in email. We use MailChimp, but there are many others, as well.

One of the services these professionals provide is the listing of which pieces of mail were opened and which were not. They also tell us how many "clicked on" the links in our email. So, we have some way to gauge what our customers thought was "interesting" and what they "skimmed over".

This helps Dawn and me decide what will be included in the next email.

For example, the Glacia special only attracted a small number of "clicks on the link". HOWEVER, nearly all who clicked, also took advantage of the offer. So, I SURMISE (an opinion, not a fact) that it was a good link---did not distract those who were not interested, but did make a convenient connection for those who were. So, we will attempt to do this again.

Personally, I get a lot of email that is targeted to "sixty-somethings". Some of these companies "hit" me daily. After a couple days, I stop opening. I don't want ExoticBlanks to become this type of company. I want to send our customers information that they want to receive. The statistics provided by MailChimp, together with the statistics on how many page views our site receives each day, help us to add products we think you will enjoy and then to tell you about them in a way we hope will not be "Pestering".

EVERY email has a "remove me" at the bottom. We are pleased to say that far fewer than one percent have ever used that option. We hope to keep it that way!!

Hope that answers your question---mechanically, I have no idea how they know who does what. Maybe one of our member "IT-pros" can tell us.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Today I discovered that you MAY have opened our email and not show on the OPEN list!!

I send one to my "Pro-Copy" email. BUT, all the emails that come in there are transferred to my sales@exot..... email. I read them from that account. Today, I noticed the Pro-Copy email address is on the "did not open" list. So, this could account for many of the "not opened". Actually they were opened in a different account.

So, we will NOT remove any of these. In a month or two, we will send "do you want to continue to receive", BEFORE we remove any.

Bill Arnold

Ed,

I haven't signed up for your email, but I have a suggestion. I don't know how you know who does or does not open the email you send. In my case, I set up my email to "Never Send Read Notice" or whatever the option is on different systems. I'm sure there are others who do the same.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
You can OPT IN to our email by clicking here:

Exotic Blanks Email "Opt in"

Fill out the short form, and you will get our next email (about a week or two) And all future emails, unless you "unsubscribe", which is an option on every email we send.

Last edited:
Top Bottom