EB website

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
About one morning out of every three, when I start my computer and go to IAP first (which is where I nearly always go first), I get the message 404 error, page not found. Sometimes as I continue to try, the message converts to "no site configured at that address".

A strategy that usually works is to run a Yahoo or Google search for "Penturners.org". Of course, both search engines find IAP. So, I can click on the link in the search and IAP will come up.

I have no idea why this happens. But the search tactic has worked every time, so far.

Hope this helps!!

Ed

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
About one morning out of every three, when I start my computer and go to IAP first (which is where I nearly always go first), I get the message 404 error, page not found. Sometimes as I continue to try, the message converts to "no site configured at that address".

A strategy that usually works is to run a Yahoo or Google search for "Penturners.org". Of course, both search engines find IAP. So, I can click on the link in the search and IAP will come up.

I have no idea why this happens. But the search tactic has worked every time, so far.

Hope this helps!!

Ed
Is your connection service by any chance Comcast? Or do you happen to use google chrome as your browser?

I get that also from time to time but on my system I have the not found show up and the system then connects to the web site without me doing a thing.

Notscottish

A 404 error like that could be a DNS error, especially if you can get to other websites. You could try to resolve the problem by clearing your DNS cache on your computer.

Open a command prompt and type ipconfig /flushdns

This will force your computer to reach out to your ISP's DNS servers to refresh the IP address that points your computer to penturners.org.

Top Bottom