Diplomat V2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Here are a couple of Diplomats, Version 2 from Exotic Blanks. I could not see any difference between these and V1 except that these are Ti Gold, not Upgrade Gold. Ed told me that he contracted with a new manufacturer for these. Quality was not sacrificed from what I could tell. The transmission is very smooth. I don't know if it is different than V1 or not. Maybe it is just my imagination.

There is a stylus finial version of these also. I don't normally make pens with a stylus. Here is a tip for those of you who have never pressed one of those together. I learned that you should remove the stylus, press the pen together then replace the stylus. If you don't remove the stylus first there is a strong possibility that it will be destroyed. :redface:

Oh, BTW, one of these is Flame Boxelder and the other Cherry Burl. The Cherry Burl came out of pass It Forward Box #3.:)

Attachments

• CB_DIP_2.jpg
    CB_DIP_2.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 155
  • FBE_DP_2 copy.jpg
    FBE_DP_2 copy.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 166

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
An alternative to removing the stylus is to drill a hole in a piece of wood, that is just large enough to accommodate the stylus. Then you are pressing on the metal shoulder, which should be fine.

Nice pens, Mike!!

Thank you for posting!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Plating.

I had no problems with the version one, but I am very happy with the TiGold I got on the Zodiacs. So, the new version2 Diplomats have that same TiGold---I am more comfortable with it.

No, it wasn't broke, but I needed a new run and I felt more confident in the newer source.

Top Bottom