Customer Requests fufilled

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Crashmph

A little while back I had a few customers wanting .9mm pencil refills. I had a hard time finding them and eventually ordered them from a vender in the UK. (rather expensive with the shipping to Virginia)

After a brief phone call with Ed Brown, he promised to try to order some in their next Schmit order.

I just wanted to point out that he was true to his word and got the Schmidt DSM 2006 Mechanical Pencil insert in stock. And if any of you did not know, you can use any of the Schmidt DSM 2006 inserts in place of Parker style ink to make an mechanical pencil on the spot.

Thanks much Ed!

Michael

Crashmph

OK... I have had several PMs about this process.

Yes this insert can fit in most all Parker refill pens. I have done it for a several customers over the past few years. You will have to slightly trim the the plastic insert that fits in the top of the insert. There is a little trial and error to find the right length for the pen, especially if you trim the pen tube a tad short. DAMHIKT

I have done this to the following pens:

• Cigar
  • Sierra
  • Elegant Beauty
  • Triton Ball point
  • Atrax Ball point
  • Majestic Squire
  • Liberty pen kit
  • Aroe
  • Manhattan
  • Anahiem
  • Diva
I am sure that there are more, but I cannot remember them right now.

You twist the pen just like you would for advancing ink out of the pen to get the lead to advance out. Then twist back to lock the lead in place. It will work just like the liberty pencil kit.

I will try to make a tutorial for this process. I don't recall seeing one in the library.

Michael

Top Bottom