Customer-centric, please input!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
We have six years behind us as ExoticBlanks.com!! To this point in time, we have reinvested every dollar back into our little enterprise (Dawn's a trekker, had to get that word in). Now, we believe our line is broad (about 6000 line items) and deep (some popular pen kits are stocked up to 1000 units).

Now, we would appreciate your input! What would you like to see us add in new products?

We will continue to add all new kits introduced by Berea and many that are introduced by PSI. What else do you use, that we are not yet supplying?

If you are not comfortable posting your ideas, feel free to send me a PM!

We do read and we try to take suggestions---so give us YOUR input!!

Thanks,
Ed & Dawn

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

Wow - that's a lot a reinvestment. Hopefully it will start paying off for you guys.

You have most if the items I use - except when out of stock. There will always be specialty items with other companies of course.

2 items that I use somewhat regularly are chrome seam rippers and fusion razor handles.

I like the csusa fusion handles and in my experience, the heads can be exchanged with the Berea mach3 handle.

Cmiles1985

That's a big question Ed. I, as a relatively new turner, appreciate your and Dawn's operation.

In answer to the question, I agree with Dan on the CSUSA razor handles. I actually pair the bullet style handle with the classic stand. I'm guilty of only buying the Fusion handles since that's the type of razor I use. As for pen kits, you have such an extensive lineup, that I couldn't see adding more! The only thing I could imagine adding to my orders would be tooling and parts for kitless pens.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thank you Jeff and Clark!!

Honestly, we have not been doing much in shaving. I was getting a stand that I liked, but the base was easily scratched, and it was heavy. So, we had cost of shipping, along with cost of warranty replacement that far exceeded any profit. Not surprisingly, I dumped the product and went away with a "bad taste in my mouth" toward shaving products.

I do know of a couple interesting shaving avenues. I will spend some time pursuing this in the coming year.

Thanks again!!

Ed - it would be nice to see some ice cream scoops and grinders. I do sell quite a few of those.

No on the duck calls.

Also, PM sent

Last edited:

TonyL

I have started getting demand for styluses. You may already have them. I will check know. I think you have a darn good selection right now though!

mjrbuzz

I am a very green turner, but i will be placing an order with ya this week, a large order for me:) Yall have a great selection! I personally would be interested in some duck calls because i am ordering a different type from another supplier and would have rather bought them from you ;) but i will not be making a ton of them so i don't know how much others are interested.

one other thing that would help a noobie like me is a list of which pen kits work with which bushings, that would help my selection of kits based on what bushings i have. Or even a kit of bushings for a specfic supplier.

Over all a great selection of products!

any thank you very much for all the info and support from ya site and videos.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Usually, I would recommend getting bushings for any pen kit you have not done before.

This also means get Sierra bushings from wherever you buy your sierra pens, and don't try to use them on other manufacturer's sierras unless you measure them first. Bushings are now about $6. So, do six pens of any new kit and they cost you $1 per pen!!

I am as cheap as they come, but I can't see gambling my $50 pen on a set of unknown "size guides". (Nearly all my pens were at least $50 retail, that's where that number comes from)

To each his own---just my suggestions!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Ed - it would be nice to see some ice cream scoops and grinders. I do sell quite a few of those.

No on the duck calls.

Also, PM sent

Ted, do you know of a good quality ice cream scoop? I have ice cream nearly every night--I used to bend one scoop each month. My son found me one that is all metal including the handle--I have had it a year and it is still not bent. But it gives me an appreciation for the stresses on ice cream scoops and I wouldn't want to sell them with beautiful handles at $20+, only to have them come back at the next show, bent beyond a useful angle.

Input is encouraged!! Just my personal, EXTENSIVE ice cream experience!!:eek::eek::biggrin:

MarkD

I would like to be able to get boxes, like your Black Top Textured Cardboard Pen Box, only larger so that a standard business card would fit inside it.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I would like to be able to get boxes, like your Black Top Textured Cardboard Pen Box, only larger so that a standard business card would fit inside it.

Interesting idea!!

How would you hold it in? Two sided tape?

The present box will hold the card in place, with a slight bow in the card, so you could make it a two-sided "story"--your card on one side, the story of the material on the other and it will come out of the box and be able to be reinserted with the same slight bow.

I am very willing to hear how you picture it and try to evaluate how many people would buy your design (minimum for those boxes is about 5000),
so "gimme your pitch"!!

Thanks!!

Attachments

• bus card in pen box (2).jpg
    bus card in pen box (2).jpg
    129 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:

MarkD

Interesting idea!!

The present box will hold the card in place, with a slight bow in the card, so you could make it a two-sided "story"--your card on one side, the story of the material on the other and it will come out of the box and be able to be reinserted with the same slight bow.

I am very willing to hear how you picture it and try to evaluate how many people would buy your design (minimum for those boxes is about 5000),
so "gimme your pitch"!!

Thanks!!

I'll get a picture for you in the morning.

Cmiles1985

Ed, I appreciate the feedback on the razor stands. I've only been turning a little over a year. I've turned/sold 5 sets (handle/stand) at $100 per set. I don't have one for myself, so I can't comment to how they hold up. All I can say is that none of mine have come back. I like the idea of some call supplies. It doesn't seem like that would occupy much space! Is there any type of tut O&G kit in the world of vaporizers? That seems to be a hot new trend. As for ice cream scoops (again, I can't comment to longevity), I have been making the Woodcraft kit. It seems beefy. That, I do have one of as I have to maintain this figure :) I don't know if the ferrule helps support it, but it sure feels sturdy!

MarkD

Interesting idea!!

so "gimme your pitch"!!

Thanks!!
Ed,
The following pictures give an idea of what I'm looking for...only I'm looking for something nicer :)
Note the plastic top to the box has been removed for the picture.

I use two a sided card. One side with my business info and the other side contains information about the specific item. The card just sits under the pen and can easily be removed by the customer if they choose to do so.
Either side of the card can be displayed depending on the situation.

By using a 2" wide box several things can be accomplished. First, a standard business card can be inserted in the box. A standard business card and also be applied to the outside of the box using double sided tape.
Second, the larger size box can be used in several configurations rather than for a single pen. For example,a single pen, two pens, a razor, a letter opener, seem ripper,etc.
Additionally, the slightly larger box could replace the box you currently carry so it would not create additional inventory for you :biggrin:

It's true than your present box will hold a standard side card if you bow it slightly however, If you put the card in the bottom of the box you cover half the pen. If you put the card in the top of the box the cover does not fit over the bottom of the box properly.

DSC07332.JPG

DSC07333.JPG

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks Mark!!

I think the biggest feature you have shown is the advantage of the "sash" as compared with the elastic band. More of the pen shows, with the sash and it gives you enough length to add your card underneath.

I will find out what effect using a "non-standard size" would have on pricing.

I think you may be overlooking the obvious: trim your card a little smaller and it will fit standard boxes. (The card is 2", the box is 1.75")

I will check pricing, however!!

Ed

MarkD

Thanks Mark!!

I think you may be overlooking the obvious: trim your card a little smaller and it will fit standard boxes. (The card is 2", the box is 1.75")

Ed
Very true...however also need to trim 1/2" off the length due to the band being in the center of the box.

Chasper

No on the duck calls.

Also, PM sent

Ted, do you know of a good quality ice cream scoop? I have ice cream nearly every night--I used to bend one scoop each month. My son found me one that is all metal including the handle--I have had it a year and it is still not bent. But it gives me an appreciation for the stresses on ice cream scoops and I wouldn't want to sell them with beautiful handles at $20+, only to have them come back at the next show, bent beyond a useful angle.

Input is encouraged!! Just my personal, EXTENSIVE ice cream experience!!:eek::eek::biggrin:

Ed,
You have the temp set too cold on your freezer, turn it up so the ice cream is not so hard.
Gerry

Dan Masshardt

I AGREE COMPLETELY that the sash is a better design!! I hope to incorporate that in all our new offerings.

The problem with the sash is finding one that is 'just right'. Some pull at the sides of the pad with larger pens. Others are too big for almost any pen.

All of this sounds like a thread of it's own though.

Only to say...there is still room in the market for boxes. I know i'm still looking.

Quality Pen

Honestly I think you've got a good niche. I'd like to see you improve what you have whether it's better prices or just continuing to serve your customers so finely.

PeetyInMich

I haven't seen one anywhere else but if you can find and distribute a "blingy" or "girly" pen with a stylus end, I could sell a weeks worth of turning in a day.

Top Bottom