Berea Lever Action HELP!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I am looking for anyone who bought Berea Lever Action kits, especially if you bought them from us!!!

Some people have reported a problem with the clicker. I believe this is not the problem, I think the refill is hanging up somewhere in the body of the pen. So, if you have made a Lever Action, whether it is working great or not working at all, I would ask you to unscrew the top and try to plunge the refill in and out of the nib, as if it was being operated by the "clicker". Do this with your finger, just push the refill through the nib, then release. See if it is smooth, or if it "hangs up". Even if the pen is working perfectly now, this is a worthwhile exercise, since the next refill may hang up, if it is something in the pen body or inherent in the refill design.

I'd like to find the correct problem with the operation of these kits. Then, we can redesign them, as needed.

Just saying the 'clicker doesn't work' and requesting a new one is not going to solve the problem, I don't think.

ALL HELP is appreciated!!!!

Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hi Ed.

I have bought/turned just 2 - both bought directly from Berea. One of the 2 did hang up initially. As you suggest, I played with the refill. It has worked perfectly now for 8 weeks. The other kit has never had a problem.

Mark

Quality Pen

Thanks for bringing this up Ed.

It's great to see a business person going after potential challenges rather than pretend they don't exist!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I am looking for anyone who bought Berea Lever Action kits, especially if you bought them from us!!!

Some people have reported a problem with the clicker. I believe this is not the problem, I think the refill is hanging up somewhere in the body of the pen. So, if you have made a Lever Action, whether it is working great or not working at all, I would ask you to unscrew the top and try to plunge the refill in and out of the nib, as if it was being operated by the "clicker". Do this with your finger, just push the refill through the nib, then release. See if it is smooth, or if it "hangs up". Even if the pen is working perfectly now, this is a worthwhile exercise, since the next refill may hang up, if it is something in the pen body or inherent in the refill design.

I'd like to find the correct problem with the operation of these kits. Then, we can redesign them, as needed.

Just saying the 'clicker doesn't work' and requesting a new one is not going to solve the problem, I don't think.

ALL HELP is appreciated!!!!

Ed
No answer but I want to follow this thread so I am replying...it's the only way I suscribe to a thread...I suspect there's another way that I don't know.

PR_Princess

No answer but I want to follow this thread so I am replying...it's the only way I suscribe to a thread...I suspect there's another way that I don't know.

Yep, here ya go Smitty!:)

attachment.php

From the thread tools on the blue bar, select "Subscribe to this thread" on the drop down. It will then take you to an area in your user control panel where you can select notification options and then when done, hit the subscribe to the thread button.

Not hard, but VERY well hidden!!

BTW This was only to answer your (and possibly other new members) question on thread subscriptions. PLEASE continue posting here Smitty!!!

Attachments

116.8 KB · Views: 386

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Yep, here ya go Smitty!:)

attachment.php

From the thread tools on the blue bar, select "Subscribe to this thread" on the drop down. It will then take you to an area in your user control panel where you can select notification options and then when done, hit the subscribe to the thread button.

Not hard, but VERY well hidden!!

BTW This was only to answer your (and possibly other new members) question on thread subscriptions. PLEASE continue posting here Smitty!!!
Easy enough, I guess I just never looked.....Thank you

RODNEYBREAN

Hello Ed,

I purchased three from Berea and three from you. To be honest, I don't know where the bad kits came from. I have a show this weekend and decided to make them all up. I had two that were not working. I tried what you suggested about advancing the refill with my finger and it did not hang up anywhere. I did get one to work by switching it with another lower body. Have no clue why but it works now. I still have one that doesn't .

Thanks,

Rodney

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hello Ed,

I purchased three from Berea and three from you. To be honest, I don't know where the bad kits came from. I have a show this weekend and decided to make them all up. I had two that were not working. I tried what you suggested about advancing the refill with my finger and it did not hang up anywhere. I did get one to work by switching it with another lower body. Have no clue why but it works now. I still have one that doesn't .

Thanks,

Rodney

Thanks Rodney!! Just because it works, I would not bet the farm that it is fixed. When we find out why they are not working, and repair it, I feel confident. When the problem "goes away without explanation", it can return equally unexplained and screw up a customer relationship. I was tired when I started this tonight. Over the weekend, I will dedicate some time to finding a reasonable explanation.

ALL INPUT IS WELCOME!!!!

Bean_Counter

Hi Ed I just bought two but not sure when I will get to them. Is there a way to check them without them put together?

Flynny

I bought two Bereas and had the problem on the first, and only, one I did. Unscrewed the cap and plunged the refill a few times now works great.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Today, unloaded a truck, with over 100 boxes of acrylics--each box 50-75 pounds. Then, with Dawn's help, each box had to be checked in, handled another couple times.

So, I'm pooped again. Saturday will be my opportunity to play with this. Will report back---not forgotten!!

ed

wyone

wow.. sounds like a lot of work.... so do you sort of get used to seeing those blanks? I mean those of us who see a handful at a time want to admire each one. It seems you would get to be.. oh yes. a blue and white one.. again.. lol

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
"OOOOhhhhhhh!!! a white and red lines!!!!" I say in great wonder.

"Straight or wavy lines?" Dawn replies, matter of factly, "How many?"

About 50 pounds--I reply

She punches me (gently) and says, "A count would be more helpful!!"

That is pretty much the way we work together. Try to keep it fun and yes, we DO ADMIRE the colors we haven't handled before.

'spose it will sell? is a very common comment.

Top Bottom