3, 4, 5 or 6 inches?? Duck calls and other

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

What length would you like if the blanks are 1.5-2" square?

• 3"

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 4"

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 5"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6"

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • 10" Even if it is $50!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 12" Even if it is $60

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
applications for 1.5 inch square??

I am researching having acrylic made that is thicker (1.5-2"). I have had a number of phone calls requesting acrylic for duck calls. Of course, they would order one or two of each color. Meanwhile, I will have to order a substantial number of each color (I expect hundreds). So, I don't want to be wrong in the length. This won't be cheap, a 5" piece will probably be close to $20, so the "Just get them all made to 6", then we can cut as we desire" would mean a $25ish blank. So, add YOUR input---what length do you need? Any comments will be gratefully accepted!!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

southernclay

I voted 4", I don't make custom reeds so that is more than enough for me, 3" may work. If you did 6" I could get a couple calls out of the same blank. That a vague enough answer? : ) If you have any true custom call makers I would lean heavily on their needs as pricing opinions since they'd be your main target anyway.

That being said I'm not a huge candidate for these since making them only for gifts currently cost could be a factor for me.

Phunky_2003

Ed,

I voted 6"

I have only made 2 duck calls so far. I am not positive but I believe the call blanks I got were 3". Which means I could get 2 out of each blank. Or 1 call and a bottle stopper or something else.

SDB777

We make them to order, but they are round(reduce waste thing). We show 4" lengths on the 'site', but if someone wants 12"....we'd make it!

Guess what I'm trying to say is don't limit yourself to a set length....

Scott (hope that makes sense) B

Top Bottom