In 20 years of penturning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I never saw a "Zodiac" kit or laser cut blank.

So, I saw it as an opportunity to bring a good idea to the penmaking community. I want to post this tonight to be very certain everyone will remember in the future that this WAS my idea and I have been working on developing the products.

Today, Constant made this announcement: We are busy doing the Zodiac symbol laser Inlay kits and have done half of them so far.

When I start to copy his ideas, remember who threw down the gauntlet!

Thank you for reading,
Ed

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dexter0606

Ideas only become reality if they are acted on. If they aren't they just remain ideas.
There are a great many people out there with a great number of ideas. I would imagine that ideas overlap

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Ideas may overlap.

Exact pricing and using the same version of the symbols is not a coincidence.

"Turnabout" is underway.

The Penguin

respectfully...

who knows if Constant was in your head or not.

If I was in the business of making laser cut blanks and saw that someone came out with a zodiac pen kit, but no zodiac blanks to use with said kits - I would see that as an opportunity to fill a void left by you. (pretty sure I thought about that as soon as I saw the zodiac kits)

I don't see any zodiac blanks on your site except for the Masterscroller series...a much more effective product launch for you would have been to launch the kits and all the zodiac blanks at the same time.

maybe you did that and I missed it, but it sounds like you're publicly kicking your own "rear end" for your mistake.

wood-of-1kind

Ed, now you know how I felt about 'carbide tool ' designed exclusively for pen turning and getting made by other 'developers'.Guess what I am trying to say is that good designs/ideas get copied. I've moved on to other projects and just accept that other designs will also get copied especially if money is to be made. JMO

TonyL

Isn't his name Constance? I got to tell you, he is one talented guy and you are Ed...which is all besides the point. Isn't there something about imitation being the best form of flattery :). I have absolutely no idea who thought of what first. I do know in my 4 weeks doing this, that both are very nice, knowledgeable, and gifted men and appears that many hobbyist, professional pen turners, and their customers have benefited from your (plural) talents and knowledge. To me, and in my simple brain, that is the legacy that I want to leave behind. Of course, I do know of several great patent and trademark attorney's in NYC - teasing.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
surprise surprise

I'm surprised.....Zodiac is such an obvious choice for a series of pens that it suprises me that no one made them. I never paid much attention because although I know what sign I was born under Zodiac has never meant anything to me.

Actually there are promotional pens that can me had with the zodiac signs imprinted and Montegrappa makes a series (very expensive) with the Chinese Zodiac Signs.

But all that being said I glad I don't have any dog in this hunt.

Ideas may overlap.

Exact pricing and using the same version of the symbols is not a coincidence.

"Turnabout" is underway.

There might be a mole who is leaking info, have you checked:)

The reason for this design Is that it is easy to cut as an inlay and also easy for the customer.
I have also made more complicated Zodiac kits but it takes too long to assemble and the parts are too small for most people to work with.

As far as pricing - Great minds .......:rolleyes::)

Top Bottom