2 Orders Placed but Got No Email Acknowledgement

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Hi Ed,

I placed two substantial orders on your website this week.

I got no email acknowledgement for either. I checked "Trash" and "Spam" .... nothing.

The orders do appear in the Order History.

In the second order I asked for a response from you by email ... nothing yet.

Please have a look and let me know (email) if you can comply with my request.

Thanks,
Mal

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PR_Princess

Hi Mal, My apologies!! In searching, I did find your 2 qued requests. And yes combining them will not be a problem at all. (Normally we will try to do this whenever we can to anyway.) I will send you a PayPal request for the combined total later this evening so that this can be flipped to an order and ship on Monday.

As an aside, when you que something (ie don't pay for it) it will get passed over in the pulling and shipping process by default (for obvious reasons). Folks queue orders for various reasons, mostly to act essentially as a form of a wish list.

When a group buy is going on, we know to look for and at these and adjust them (That is why we also ask for a "group buy" identifier in the comments), but normally no.

Dawn

magpens

Thanks, Dawn, for the invoice.

I have sent PayPal payment.

The amount does not quite match up with what I thought it would be (invoice was lower).

But I have no real way of checking my orders because I do not receive email order confirmations from ExoticBlanks after I place my order.

This has been an ongoing problem for me for several years. I do not get the email confirmations, so I have no way of checking my orders .... except by memory (which is not up to that task) or by keeping a handwritten copy of my orders (which is tedious and I have not done that).

Do any of your other Canadian customers (or others) have the same problem of not receiving order confirmation emails ?

I have checked Spam and Trash and there is nothing there either.

I guess I will have to start making hand written copies.

Rounder

Thanks, Dawn, for the invoice.

I have sent PayPal payment.

The amount does not quite match up with what I thought it would be (invoice was lower).

But I have no real way of checking my orders because I do not receive email order confirmations from ExoticBlanks after I place my order.

This has been an ongoing problem for me for several years. I do not get the email confirmations, so I have no way of checking my orders .... except by memory (which is not up to that task) or by keeping a handwritten copy of my orders (which is tedious and I have not done that).

Do any of your other Canadian customers (or others) have the same problem of not receiving order confirmation emails ?

I have checked Spam and Trash and there is nothing there either.

I guess I will have to start making hand written copies.

Just a suggestion but maybe hit the "print" key just before placing the order? Maybe that would help you keep track. I am on the same level as you as far as remembering. I have CRS real bad.

magpens

Thanks for that suggestion, Randy. . I should have thought of that myself.

I am not very computer oriented, so the availability of that option in that context did not occur to me. . I rarely use my printer and often forget that it is there to use !!!!

After writing my last post in this thread, I got to thinking that I should have sent a PM and not posted. But if I had not posted, you would not have seen it and would not have been able to make your simple but valuable suggestion (which probably would have been obvious to all but the digitally handicapped folks like me !!).

Thanks again !!. . By the way .... what is CRS ? . Maybe I have it too !!

Last edited:

Rounder

Thanks for that suggestion, Randy. . I should have thought of that myself.

I am not very computer oriented, so the availability of that option in that context did not occur to me. . I rarely use my printer and often forget that it is there to use !!!!

After writing my last post in this thread, I got to thinking that I should have sent a PM and not posted. But if I had not posted, you would not have seen it and would not have been able to make your simple but valuable suggestion (which probably would have been obvious to all but the digitally handicapped folks like me !!).

Thanks again !!. . By the way .... what is CRS ? . Maybe I have it too !!

You are most welcome for the suggestion!

CRS = Can't Remember S__t!! ( or squat for the less cursing inclined of us):rolleyes::rolleyes::biggrin:

Skie_M

Censored by Relatives Syndrome ... ?

Can Really Stain ... ?

Couldn't Re-phrase Sentence ... ?

Carolina Red oak Slab ... ? (is that north or south carolina?)

California Redwood Slab ... ? (hey, I still have a chunk of this, somewheres ....)

magpens

Got it !! - Aug 31/18 - CHEERS USPS and CanadaPost

I just got the Notification that this order has arrived at destination today, Aug 31/18 at 11 am.

This Notification is my first knowledge of tracking number so I read the tracking info on usps.com and on canadapost.ca, both of which agree.

Tracking shows this shipment was still in Wisconsin on Aug 29 (00:31 am) and then in Chicago at 2 pm same day, Aug 29. . If that info is in fact correct, then the transit time was extremely fast. . Only 26 hours between entry into Canada (at Mississauga, ON) and delivery at requested destination in BC, a distance of 2700 miles.

Hope to pick it up later today. MANY THANKS DAWN & ED !!!!! :):):)

Last edited:

magpens

Update on Sept 01/18 : .....

A personal thank you email has been sent to Dawn and Ed.

All is in perfect order ... outstanding products ... outstanding packaging !!

Your care and attention is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED !!!!

By the way, I love reading your weekly newsletters and wish I could place orders every week !!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom