New Chapter - Alamo Penturners - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > Local Chapters > Alamo Penturners
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Alamo Penturners San Antonio Texas Area

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2013, 08:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 8

Default New Chapter - Alamo Penturners

The Alamo Penturners in San Antonio Texas is among the newest Chapters in IAP and are looking forward to being active members of the Association.
We are also a sub-chapter of the Alamo Woodturners Association (AWA) and have been organized for several years. We average between 10-15 members at our monthly meetings. We have the usual officers - Pres., VP, Trea. We have dues which also include membership in the parent AWA.
We have been very lucky to have quite a few members that enjoy doing demos and we generally rotate them through the year.
Although some of the demos have been somewhat advanced, we have decided to go back to "basics" as a review and to accommodate some of the newer penturners. We will probably combine a portion of demo time with a basics review and then include other pen turning topics.
We also have a monthly raffle at the end of each meeting using "bringbacks" from the previous month's winners, along with other donated items. This keeps some cash in the treasury to purchase raffle items and for our Christmas party.
Come visit or join us! We meet the first Thur of each month at 6:30 at the San Antonio Woodcraft.
Gordon

The word 'listen' contains the same letters as the word 'silent. Is that like <<<<<ZIP IT<<<<<<

Last edited by flyitfast; 09-02-2013 at 08:59 PM.
flyitfast is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 09-03-2013, 02:01 AM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 12

How much is the dues?
Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity. (1 Timothy 4:12 ESV)
check out my pens at http://www.flickr.com/photos/85153493@N04/
ZIP IT
AnachitlPut is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 09-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 8

Hi Luke,
The dues are $25 a year. These dues also make you a member of the Alamo Woodturning Assoc. I know you turn pens, but if you decide to turn other things like bowls, platters, etc. then you can come to their meetings as well.
The Alamo Penturning Chapter will be meeting this Thur nite at 6:30 at the Woodcraft store on San Pedro. Why don't you come and visit - and join if you are interested. I'll look for you then.
Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnachitlPut View Post
How much is the dues?

The word 'listen' contains the same letters as the word 'silent. Is that like <<<<<ZIP IT<<<<<<
flyitfast is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads