WANTED: CS Jr. Statesman II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

PrivatePens

If anybody wants to undertake it - I would love to see a group buy for the Craft Supplies Jr. Statesman II. If we could get to 100 the savings would be substantial.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Ruth,

I am not sure but there was a discussion ages ago where Jeff mentioned that he will review the criteria for someone to host a group buy. It is more for our members protection. Imagine if someone joins and host a group buy then disappear with all the money. Group buy can reach several thousands of dollars easy.

Again, not sure if Jeff incorporated that already in the rules/guidelines.

rlharding

Dario, thanks for the information. Recently a lot of people have posted that they were going to run a GB. I had no idea there was a process to follow. Neither would I ever dream that one of the members would run off with the money.

sbell111

I'd be interested in a CSUSA group purchase, but I'm more interested in Jr Gent IIs than Jr Statesman IIs. If the group buy allowed us to choose from a number of kits, I'd be all over it in a pretty big way.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Din't you know???

Kent4Him spends weeks vacationing in Hawaii, drops by to do a group buy, then he's off to the next vacation-spot.

He makes a fortune breaking even!!!:D:D:D:D

Dario

Originally posted by ed4copies

Din't you know???

Kent4Him spends weeks vacationing in Hawaii, drops by to do a group buy, then he's off to the next vacation-spot.

He makes a fortune breaking even!!!:D:D:D:D

LOL

A group buy is a torture to the host especially at the magnitude he does it. I don't think he gets thanked enough for his efforts.

Texatdurango

Originally posted by Dario

...I am not sure but there was a discussion ages ago where Jeff mentioned that he will review the criteria for someone to host a group buy....
I didn't know that either. I've done several group buys over the past year and no one said a word. Maybe it's just my trusting face.:D

GaryMadore

I would be interested in participating (as a buyer), especially in light of the information that styles can be mixed and matched.

You wouldn't want me to host, though, as I'm in Canada and the duties/taxes would be murder, thus jacking up the cost and most likely negating the 25% savings for 100 or more units. [B)]

Cheers!

Gary

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by Texatdurango

...I am not sure but there was a discussion ages ago where Jeff mentioned that he will review the criteria for someone to host a group buy....
I didn't know that either. I've done several group buys over the past year and no one said a word. Maybe it's just my trusting face.:D

If Jeff finds you in the "Forbes 500", he let's you slide by.[8D][8D]

IPD_Mrs

If you guys can wait and still want to, Linda and I will set up another group buy this weekend to run for a week. Be thinking about what you want. Kit prices will be 25% off list and the 24K kits are not discounted. Look for a post Friday evening or Saturday morning.

Mike & Linda

jeff

Administrator
Staff member

Ruth,

I am not sure but there was a discussion ages ago where Jeff mentioned that he will review the criteria for someone to host a group buy. It is more for our members protection. Imagine if someone joins and host a group buy then disappear with all the money. Group buy can reach several thousands of dollars easy.

Again, not sure if Jeff incorporated that already in the rules/guidelines.
I've always encouraged people to be comfortable with the credentials of the person running a buy, but there is no approval process. I think you all have a healthy skepticism and do a great job of vetting people who want to run a buy, solicit donations, ask for charity, etc.

Jarheaded

I'm in for a couple also.

And detcord is fun Mike, but sometimes a good rope is best for certain things. I personally have a preference to using my hands. Rope burn hurts, detcord burns don't.[}:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom