UPDATE! Sierra Group purchase

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
EDIT: I spoke with Bill this evening. The 2nd group buy of these kits (the one I'm running) is on the road from Cleveland to Yuma as we speak and is expected to arrive in Yuma on 11/14. Add a day for counting, packaging and re-shipping and I should see these by about 11/18. I have the supplies ready to go so with a little luck some of you will get them by Thanksgiving. Thanks for all of your patience!

Kits due to arrive in Virginia on November 22!

Since the JimGo group buy is now closed, I will run a buy for this group on the new Sierra kit from Arizona Silhouette.

There ARE stock issues with this kit. The upgrade gold and the chrome are sold out at AS and their supplier (Berea HardWoods). More are on order and will likely arrive within 2 weeks.

Pricing:

Upgrade Gold - $4.10 each
Chrome - $4.10 each
Gold Titanium - $8.20 each
Platinum - $6.90 each
Satin Nickel - $6.00 each
Satin Gold - $6.25 each
Satin Silver - $6.25 each

Bushings (20A) - $6.00 per set
Drill bit (27/64") - $7.90 each
Extra tubes - Not yet available

This is not a money-making effort, but it won't be a money-losing efort either. Beyond the direct costs indicated above, each order will be charge my PayPal fees ($0.30 +2.9%) and shipping of $$5.50, which includes insurance. International orders will have the shipping adjusted to reflect the cost of insured Global Priority Mail.

I cannot accept orders without insurance as I cannot take the risk of loss in the mail.

I strongly prefer PayPal, but will take money orders.

If you want to participate in this group buy, please indicate your order here and send an email to me through the forum mail. In that email, make sure to include your PayPal ID so I can invoice you.

This group buy will end at 5pm Eastern on October 21, at which time the order will be placed. With a little luck (and no more supply issues) I hope to have the orders to you by November 7.

Updates to the buy are posted below:

RPM - 0/10/0/0/5/5/5/0/0 PAID
dubdrvrkev - 0/5/0/0/5/0/5/0/0 PAID
alamocdc - 5/10/0/0/5/5/5/0/0 PAID
Scott - 0/10/0/0/0/0/0/1/0 PAID
jeff - 0/5/5/0/0/0/5/1/1 PAID
coach - 0/20/0/0/0/0/0/1/0 PAID
liggett - 0/10/0/0/0/0/0/1/1 PAID
skewzdust - 5/5/0/0/0/5/0/0/1/1 PAID
Mac in Oak Ridge - 10/0/0/0/0/0/0/1/0 PAID
Ron Mc - 10/10/0/0/0/0/0/2/1 PAID
Hombre - 0/0/10/10/0/0/0/0/0 PAID
Mudder - 0/2/0/0/2/2/2/0/0 PAID
MDWine - 0/0/0/0/0/0/5/1/0 PAID
JimGo - 0/5/0/0/0/0/5/0/0 PAID
Leather Man - 0/5/0/0/1/1/1/0/0 PAID
Pastor Bill - 5/2/0/0/2/2/2/1/0 PAID
Randy_ - 0/0/0/0/1/1/1/1/0 PAID
olsenla - 5/5/0/0/0/0/0/1/0 PAID
Chuck Key - 0/5/0/0/0/0/0/0/0 PAID

Ron Mc

Since this won't end until the 21st can we go ahead and order gold and chrome and hope for the best?

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Yes! I will be in regular contact with Bill so he gets an idea of what size and variety of order he should expect. He will work with us (to the extent that Taiwan cooperates [:D]). If there are any backorder situations, I will let the group know, so order away! ALL PLATINGS!

RPM

Lou,
I guess I'll kick this off with the following:
5 of each of the satin finishes (gold, nickel, silver)
5 of the chrome

I reserve my right to increase before this closes [:)]
Richard

dubdrvrkev

I'll do 5 satin nickle, 5 satin silver, and 5 chrome. if tubes become available in the time of this I'll be adding some of those also. Just in case [}:)]

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Lou - Many thanks for doing this!
I'll take 5 Chrome, 5 Satin Silver, 5 Ti Gold, bushings, and a bit.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />Ok, Jeff and Scott. BTW, Scott has recently proven that he can still turn a pen. Where's your newest creation, Jeff? [:D]
It's called "The Y! penturners search is now running on MySQL". My next creation will be called "Finish wiring the shop and install the dust collector." [;)]

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
This group buy seems to have run out of steam. Since, the activity has died down, I'm thinking of closing it on Friday October 14th, sending out invoices Friday night and placing the order over the weekend. LET ME KNOW HERE if I need to keep this open for the extra week originally intended.

Also, Kevin--please send me the address where I should send your invoice.

skewzdust

Lou, I'd like 5 upgrade gold, 5 chrome, 5 satin nickel, 1 set bushings, and 1 drill bit.

I'd have gotten to you sooner but my paypal account was undergoing an internal audit. I bribed the auditor with some more scrapbooking materials so everything is solvent again...

Ron Mc

Lou,
I'm in for:
10 upgrade gold
10 chrome
1 set bushings
1 drill bit
1 partridge in a pear tree
Thanks for the assist!

M

Mudder

Okay Lou,

2 Chrome
2 Satin Nickel
2 Satin Gold
2 Satin Silver

Scott

P.S. Thanks for coordinating this buy.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Ron Mc, hombre4 and Mudder are in. Coach, I made your change.

<b>To all who are ordering: Be sure to check the numbers I have beside your name in the first post. That's what I will be ordering for you and the numbers are in the order that the kits and parts are listed on the page. I can make changes up through Friday, but after that I will have everything on lock down. Make sure you have thought about bushings (I ordered two sets so I can turn two barrels on the same mandrel) and drill bits.

REVIEW YOUR ORDER, PLEASE.</b>

M

Mudder

Originally posted by jeff
<br />
Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />Ok, Jeff and Scott. BTW, Scott has recently proven that he can still turn a pen. Where's your newest creation, Jeff? [:D]
It's called "The Y! penturners search is now running on MySQL". My next creation will be called "Finish wiring the shop and install the dust collector." [;)]

Yea, Yea, ......Sure, Sure........

No pictures? Didn't happen. [}:)] [;)]

JimGo

Lou, I'll take 5 of the chrome and 5 of the satin silver, please.

Scott, didn't you know that Jeff doesn't acutally do any woodworking?

skewzdust

Two bushings....Brilliant!!

I think I'd better stick with one at a time until I get better at this.

Lou, sent you an email. We're having problems with our email filter so I just want to make sure you got it.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Got it, Ben. You're in. And for the rest of you, see JimGo's update to his group purchase. http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9606&whichpage=6#99233 Our effort will be behind his.

Ron Mc

Lou,
Add one more set of bushings to my order.
Does Bill know that we have a second bulk buy on these kits on the way? What is his bushing situation?

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Bill is definitely aware of the order dropping this weekend. I've been updating him so he could get his orders in. As far as I know, there is no problem with the satin kits, the bushings or the drill bits. As soon as we get the order ready, I will speak to Bill about a timeframe for him completing the order.

Ron Mc

Lou,
After carefully reviewing my order on the 1st page I noted that the drill bit I wanted wasn't on my list. Can we add this? LOL
Thanks for all your hard work on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom