Ukrainian Bog Oak Group Buy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

VotTak

YOU MUST BOTH PM AND POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE.
Please read this post in its entirety.

My goal is to have everything done and ordered by September 26. I will help you save money, so if you want me to check on other shipping options, etc, please PM me. Otherwise, I will fit your order in as small Flat Rate Priority Box mail as it has tracking and insurance and also will fit 10 blanks easily.
This buy is open to USA addresses and for Canadian buyers.
$50 of insurance is now included with Priority Mail to US addresses. YOU are responsible for any additional insurance you want. For reference, US destination: $100 of insurance costs $2.
I recommend insurance. Please remember that I am responsible for shipping your merchandise, but I cannot be held responsible for its delivery!

If you see something I missed, or have questions, please let me know!

The Specifics

This buy is focused on obtaining the maximum quantity discount for Ukrainian Bog Oak. Blanks of Ukrainian bog oak will be imported directly from a seller in Ukraine.
He gathers Bok Oak logs and does all the cutting. He also certifies his wood, although not all the logs as certification is very expensive. As per seller "your money are back in case you are not satisfied". He is sure that you will be happy with received goods.
Blanks are a hair over 3/4" square and 5" length.
This is an open buy – anyone that wants to participate is welcome. I may limit orders if the total order exceeds 160 blanks(at least this time). Minimum quantity of 10 blanks is required as is most logical. The group buy will be open from the time of posting until we gather necessary amount of participants to deal with order of 160 blanks. I will do my best to provide all payment totals by the end ???. Payment via PayPal will be required by ???.
In case you use PayPal's option "Pay to Family or Friends" (and I expect everyone use that option ) than for 10 blanks cost will be $45 + $5.95(shipping to your door in US) = $50.95 total.
In case cost for shipping will come up less than $5.95 – I will refund money.
For Canadian buyers I will check shipping to your address and PM you total.

IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE TIMELINES, WE WILL PLACE THE ORDER WITHOUT YOU. IF YOU SENT MONEY AFTER THE DEADLINE AND THE ORDER WAS PLACED THEN YOUR MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED TO YOU. THERE WILL BE NO "WARNING" EMAILS THAT YOU ARE LATE. Sorry, but it's not right to others who do things on time to have to wait for others who do not.

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE:
• There is a minimum purchase of 10 blanks.
• 1. PM me to get in.
• 2. Must have a USA shipping address.
• 3. Also reply to this thread.

Please indicate your NAME and IAP USERNAME on all payments and correspondence. I will PM you to confirm receipt of your order. I will give you my email address to get all necessary info and order:

Your IAP screen name
Your "real" name
Your email address - PayPal and regular correspondence, if they are different
Your mailing address
Whether or not you want additional insurance (Yes/No)
Your order which will usually be 10 blanks

If these fields are not filled out accurately, the spreadsheet will be returned to you!

DEADLINES:
• Your info and order must be returned by Sep 20
• PayPal (only payment option) by Sep 26

Order:
It will be a waiting time of about 12-14 days for order to arrive from Ukraine to USA. Than, additional time for repacking packages for participants. I will be shipping on following Saturday of the week order will arrive.

PAYPAL ONLY:
I will be placing the order by Sep 26. If you have not made the PayPal payment by the deadline scheduled above you will be removed from the buy. I will confirm your total via PM as well as my PayPal information once I receive your order back. Please do not sign up and then not follow through in a timely manner.

SHIPPING:
I'm repeating myself here, but… Shipping will be defaulted to published USPS Small flat rate box of $5.95. It will include tracking and delivery confirmation. If you are ordering larger quantities, an estimate should be made by you – and I will double check – to use a larger flat rate box. I'll give you my best estimate on shipping once you place your order, and we'll go from there. For Canadian buyers I will check shipping to your address and PM you total.

SteveG

I am joining this buy, and thank you for doing it. I am ordering 20 blanks. All requested info is included in my PM to you. Payment (Ppal) to follow once my order is verified by you.
Aloha!

VotTak

I received PM's from 14 members. One member is in process of making decision based on shipment cost to Canada. I replied to all PM's I received. In case you did not receive my confirmation, please let me know.
At this point we actually can consider this Group Buy established. We still can accept 1 member for sure and 1 under the question based on one of our member's decision.
Tomorrow I will send PM to all members of this GB with my PayPal email and amount to be paid.
Thanks

VotTak

OK... looks like group is full... Also we have couple members who wants in.
So, looks like I will be talking to vendor in direction to increase package. I will post here in regards of our negotiations.
Thanks

Last edited:

VotTak

I just talk to vendor. We will be getting more blanks than initially expected. So everyone who send PM after group was full are now in. In the evening I will post the list of all the members in the group. If I missed someone please let me know and I will fix it.

VotTak

I added all the members who wanted to join this GB. As per my PM please send to me missing information, so I can prepare the orders. I intended to do that today. On second thought I need to follow deadlines I put in initial announcement and not to rush it. So, A will send final orders by Sep 20.

VotTak

Here is the list of participants of this group buy:
mark james
SteveG
rkimery
Imaginethat
Burlman
Grampy122
TonyL
southernclay
Quality Pen
MarkD
walshjp17
suefox51
tbroye
Larryc
Lwalden
larrystephens
glenspens
ladycop322
allmaclean
Timbo
stonepecker
CdirtO
Leo S. Long
Please verify and in case I miss someone please let me know.

This weekend I will send message to everyone. This message will include your shipping address(please verify it), my PayPal email for payment and total to be paid.

VotTak

I just finished sending PM which includes your total, your address and my PayPal email.
I sent those PM individually specifically that you can verify your address.
We have time to transfer funds till next weekend. I'll place order as soon as funds will be transferred but not later than September 24.
Thanks to all participants.

VotTak

As it happens, 4 participants sent funds not using "Friends and Family" option (as per announcement requirement) so at the end I will be slightly short on funds. I'll cover that but please follow the initial announcement, otherwise it will be too heavy on me. We are doing this with purpose to save, so let's keep it that way.

As it happens, 4 participants sent funds not using "Friends and Family" option (as per announcement requirement) so at the end I will be slightly short on funds. I'll cover that but please follow the initial announcement, otherwise it will be too heavy on me. We are doing this with purpose to save, so let's keep it that way.

Is it too late to get in on this? I'll pay tomorrow in full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom