Triple Tap and Die group buy Part Deux

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Texatdurango

If you havent signed up for one why not?

Mike

When Turbowagon proposed the first group buy I thought to myself .. "I've got to have one of those" .... after all everyone else was ordering them ...

but then I got thinking ... What am I doing? :confused:
I have NO IDEA how to use them (although I do remember a nice thread that Skiprat posted way back)

Still that little voice (that convinces me I need to buy more pen blanks, even though I have 50x more pen blanks than kits), Is saying "You've got to get one of these"!!!

So would some who have purchased one please relate all the wonderful ways having one has made their lives better! :biggrin:
Pictures are always good too! :)

why am I suddenly thinking of that song by Huey Lewis :tongue::wink::cool:

Lenny, Lenny, Lenny...... It's all about having fun! Below is a photo I took last year of a few pens I had a blast making. I used the multi-start tap and die on all three, as I have on a hundred more pens the past few years. The multi-start tap and die sets are not required for making your own unique pens but they sure make life simple AND I can mix and match caps and bodies with any pen I make since they all use the same threads!

Now tell me....... which would you rather do, sit around glueing tubes into blanks, turning the blanks round then pressing them into some metal parts over and over and over OR... see a photo of a pen in a magazine then try to figure out how they were made 100 years ago THEN make one yourself!

The satisfaction you get and the big grin on your face when you figure out the workings of the pen then actually make one is priceless... and THAT is why you need a set of these! :biggrin:

Rather than ask why, you should ask yourself why not!

bulb-fill-trio-small.jpg

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I have the following commitments
1-the wishman
2-Kaspar (+1)
3-Quister
4-wade45
5-arwo1
6-theidlemind
7-Eborraga
8-LanceD
9-simomatra
10-BSea (if hes still living)
11-Duroshark
12-Old Lar
13-johncrane
14-Mark
15-Grampy122
16-MarkD
17-Moke
18-JDenney
19-Greggas
20-Beck3906
21-HeathRIley
22- RIchB
23-Rmartin
24-robandkaren
25-gregf
26-jpick22
27-milan
If your names not on here and you've signed up for one let me know.

Mike[/quote]

Last edited:

Lenny

If you havent signed up for one why not?

Mike

When Turbowagon proposed the first group buy I thought to myself .. "I've got to have one of those" .... after all everyone else was ordering them ...

but then I got thinking ... What am I doing? :confused:
I have NO IDEA how to use them (although I do remember a nice thread that Skiprat posted way back)

Still that little voice (that convinces me I need to buy more pen blanks, even though I have 50x more pen blanks than kits), Is saying "You've got to get one of these"!!!

So would some who have purchased one please relate all the wonderful ways having one has made their lives better! :biggrin:
Pictures are always good too! :)

why am I suddenly thinking of that song by Huey Lewis :tongue::wink::cool:

Lenny, Lenny, Lenny...... It's all about having fun! Below is a photo I took last year of a few pens I had a blast making. I used the multi-start tap and die on all three, as I have on a hundred more pens the past few years. The multi-start tap and die sets are not required for making your own unique pens but they sure make life simple AND I can mix and match caps and bodies with any pen I make since they all use the same threads!

Now tell me....... which would you rather do, sit around glueing tubes into blanks, turning the blanks round then pressing them into some metal parts over and over and over OR... see a photo of a pen in a magazine then try to figure out how they were made 100 years ago THEN make one yourself!

The satisfaction you get and the big grin on your face when you figure out the workings of the pen then actually make one is priceless... and THAT is why you need a set of these! :biggrin:

Rather than ask why, you should ask yourself why not!

bulb-fill-trio-small.jpg
See .... now if I decide to try to get in on this I can tell my wife ...
GEORGE MADE ME DO IT!!!!! :biggrin:

Geroge and Dennis, thanks for the pics .... very nice pens!

bradbn4

I am going to need my head checked - but mark me down - for one ( 1 ) set

If there is no issues, I would rather pay sooner than later - you know the line, "I got to spend all of this money before I run out".....not sure what Gov agency motto it is

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member

If there is no issues, I would rather pay sooner than later - you know the line, "I got to spend all of this money before I run out".....not sure what Gov agency motto it is

I will call Monday and nail down the final costs with the 24+ price on the taps. You can send me payment when you like.

Mike

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
updated list

I have the following commitments
1-the wishman
2-Kaspar (+1)
3-Quister
4-wade45
5-arwo1
6-theidlemind
7-Eborraga
8-LanceD
9-simomatra
11-Duroshark
12-Old Lar
13-johncrane
14-Mark
15-Grampy122
16-MarkD
17-Moke
18-JDenney
19-Greggas
20-Beck3906
21-HeathRIley
22- RIchB
23-Rmartin
24-robandkaren
25-gregf
26-jpick22
27-milan
28-bradbn4
29-babyblues
30-reb

Latest and greatest posting of the list
If your names not on here and you've signed up for one let me know.

Mike

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Sure I am in, when do you want the money and where shall I send it too...

Holz if your going to mail it I can pm you an address. If your going to use paypal I will have the final amount and start collecting it starting around the last week of the month.

Martin can you see Lenny from where you sit on the Fence?:biggrin:

MIke

Sure I am in, when do you want the money and where shall I send it too...

Holz if your going to mail it I can pm you an address. If your going to use paypal I will have the final amount and start collecting it starting around the last week of the month.

Martin can you see Lenny from where you sit on the Fence?:biggrin:

MIke

It will be Paypal.... just send me a message with that info... Thanks

65GTMustang

Please add one set for me!
The photo samples of the pens sold me on the idea - It would be super great if Skiprat would post a video - I am someone that can only learn from either hands on with someone or visual instructions.
Please I beg of you - It would be a shame to have $111 worth of tools that I don't know how to use....lol
If sign up goes until the end of the month - When should we / "I" expect to see them in in the mail.
Thanks Kevin

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Please add one set for me!
The photo samples of the pens sold me on the idea - It would be super great if Skiprat would post a video - I am someone that can only learn from either hands on with someone or visual instructions.
Please I beg of you - It would be a shame to have $111 worth of tools that I don't know how to use....lol
If sign up goes until the end of the month - When should we / "I" expect to see them in in the mail.
Thanks Kevin

He does have a video up. It's the bolt pen he made. Same techniques used for drilling and tapping.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
1-the wishman
2-Kaspar (+1)
3-Quister
4-wade45
5-arwo1
6-theidlemind
7-Eborraga
8-LanceD
9-simomatra
11-Duroshark
12-Old Lar
13-johncrane
14-Mark
15-Grampy122
16-MarkD
17-Moke
18-JDenney
19-Greggas
20-Beck3906
21-HeathRIley
22- RIchB
23-Rmartin
24-robandkaren
25-gregf
26-jpick22
27-milan
28-bradbn4
29-babyblues
30-reb
31-Holz mechaniker
32-65gtmustang

Last edited:

Lenny

...........Martin can you see Lenny from where you sit on the Fence?:biggrin:

He should be able to, he's just three down from his left, at least I THINK that's Lenny! :biggrin:

Looks like they aren't alone though! Maybe some are waiting for the third buy! :eek:

Nope ... that's not me! Look down farther down ... there, where the fence USED to be .... that's me on the ground! :) Sorry 'bout the fence.:redface:

Still considering the "buy" .... but I'm glad to see you have plenty interested parties.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
1-the wishman
2-Kaspar (+1)
3-Quister
4-wade45
5-arwo1
6-theidlemind
7-Eborraga
8-LanceD
9-simomatra
11-Duroshark
12-Old Lar
13-johncrane
14-Mark
15-Grampy122
16-MarkD
17-Moke
18-JDenney
19-Greggas
20-Beck3906
21-HeathRIley
22- RIchB
23-Rmartin
24-robandkaren
25-gregf
26-jpick22
27-milan
28-bradbn4
29-babyblues
30-reb
31-Holz mechaniker
32-65gtmustang
33-rudya7
34-wizard

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
1-the wishman
2-Kaspar (+1)
3-Quister
4-wade45
5-arwo1
6-theidlemind
7-Eborraga
8-LanceD
9-simomatra
10-BSea
11-Duroshark
12-Old Lar
13-johncrane
14-Mark
15-Grampy122
16-MarkD
17-Moke
18-JDenney
19-Greggas
20-Beck3906
21-HeathRIley
22- RIchB
23-Rmartin
24-robandkaren
25-gregf
26-jpick22
27-milan
28-bradbn4
29-babyblues
30-reb
31-Holz mechaniker
32-65gtmustang
33-rudya7
34-wizard
35-silver
36-Dave Turner
37-randbcrafts

Last edited:

bradbn4

I will call Monday and nail down the final costs with the 24+ price on the taps. You can send me payment when you like.

Mike

Well Monday has come and gone - if the price is somewhat firm, please PM me and I will send / paypal the money. If it is a bit too much you can enjoy a small root beer on me....or any other beer. Too little, I can always send more....

This is part of my birthday gift to myself - not as useful as the Montana grain mill I ordered, but could be more enjoyable to use ;)

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Brad pm sent

I have called Tapco and I was supposed to have a quote by yesterday. I called them again and the young lady who handles such things was a bit over whelmed at the moment. SHe promised I would have it by today if she couldnt get to it yesterday.

If any others of you are ready to send payment my paypal address
is
sales@silverpenparts.com

My intentions are to post the final costs and notify everyone by the end of this week . I will start collecting payments from the 23rd to the 30th. I will then call in the order on the 31st (tuesday)

I can always issue a refund of the over payments.

Mike

bradbn4

Brad pm sent

I have called Tapco and I was supposed to have a quote by yesterday. I called them again and the young lady who handles such things was a bit over whelmed at the moment. SHe promised I would have it by today if she couldnt get to it yesterday.

If any others of you are ready to send payment my paypal address
is
sales@silverpenparts.com

My intentions are to post the final costs and notify everyone by the end of this week . I will start collecting payments from the 23rd to the 30th. I will then call in the order on the 31st (tuesday)

I can always issue a refund of the over payments.

Mike

Well, I guess I managed to get you paid before the money all ran out.

So here's a question, what's a pen? Yep, feels that long sense I turned on my lathe to do anything worth while.

Looking for a fair tape & die set for other work, but will post more in the general section.

Dave Turner

After I thought about this all month, my wife finally convinced me I would regret it if I didn't buy a set. Please add my name to the list. I'll PayPal you once the final price is in. Thanks for doing this.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Done. Although this group buy was tagged on to the last one since so many missed out the previous group buy for the triple tap and die set was a couple of years. It may be that long again before there is enough interest to get together a group buy large enough to get the price discounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom