Triple Start Tap & Die Group Buy 2017

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GSteer

Just got notice from UK Customs that it's sitting at my local depot pending release. They actually got the numbers right for once so it's paid and pending delivery Monday, looking forward to it.

duncsuss

I am just now seeing this thread... I don't suppose you guys ordered any extra??? :)

Here's a better question: "Have any of you guys who bought these taps 3 months ago decided you'll never use them? If so, would you consider selling me ..." and fill in the blank with the taps/dies you want :wink:

doughal

An excellent suggestion. Is there anyone willing to sell me a triple start M12x.75 or .8?

I understand this is the best size to start with for custom pens that are in the size range of your standard cigar shaped pen? Aka like a Montblanc 146 rather than the 149 (which would be more like a M14?)...

I'm new to this, so if that's not correct please feel free to educate me. :)

magpens

If you have never done any kitless pens (or anything requiring tap and die) you could start by doing "something" with an M10x1 set ... you can buy such a tap and die at most specialty hardward stores (probably not Home Depot) ... tap and die sets from Grizzly or H.F. usually have that size. M10x1 is the thread size on the El Grande pen nib (and kits of the same size) .... just to get a feel for things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom