Tapco - Sharpie taps - Page 2 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > Group Purchases
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Group Purchases Announcements and discussions relating to group purchases.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2015, 04:59 PM   #11 (permalink)

Photos: 134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginethat View Post
Is this pen a kit type or made from scratch? I've heard about this pen but only to buy it at a store. Are there people making it?

Thanks
Made from scratch and this buy is for the tap for the sharpie refill. As seen in this thread.
The new sharpie pen refills
Lin.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:15 PM   #12 (permalink)

Photos: 1

+1 plug tap......
Thank you
bobleibo is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-09-2015, 05:35 AM   #13 (permalink)

Photos: 0

This is for one plug tap and one bottom tap.

Thanks Lin the link and information.

Thank you for the group buy.
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2015, 07:39 PM   #14 (permalink)

Photos: 4

Hey, I don't mean to be a crap disturber, but is this from the same company that did the recent tap and die group buy for us?

Because if it is, look at that thread and notice 2 things...

First of all that company (I don't know who it was, I didn't organize it, just bought), messed up the coating on them.

Secondly, they haven't made it right yet. It's been ample time for them to step up and make it right, but it seems like we're getting the run around.

I do not think anyone here on the IAP wants to give MORE business to a company that doesn't do the right thing when given ample opportunity.

Please, forgive me if this is out of line, but I am just like you... when I pay for something I just want to get what I asked for and I don't want to see more of our community burned. There's plenty of competition out there that cares!
Old 11-11-2015, 08:35 PM   #15 (permalink)

Photos: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quality Pen View Post
Hey, I don't mean to be a crap disturber, but is this from the same company that did the recent tap and die group buy for us?

First of all that company (I don't know who it was, I didn't organize it, just bought), messed up the coating on them.

Secondly, they haven't made it right yet. It's been ample time for them to step up and make it right, but it seems like we're getting the run around.

I do not think anyone here on the IAP wants to give MORE business to a company that doesn't do the right thing when given ample opportunity.

Please, forgive me if this is out of line, but I am just like you... when I pay for something I just want to get what I asked for and I don't want to see more of our community burned. There's plenty of competition out there that cares!

I have had several phone calls on that very subject with a few members who were in that buy and I also have bought several things from Tapco in the past, long before I was making pens. I do not know nor can I tell what is going on with those problems however an update on that would be nice.

I do know for a fact that all treatment is outsourced to a 3rd party company and it is *NOT* done in house, I know this because I ask the company. Tapco taps is a rather small company of about 10 people and been in business since 1969.

I seriously doubt that anyone is going to get burned.

I also would have to encourage everyone to have more open communication in group buys.

-- In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

Design your own Polymer Clay Pen Blanks by Toni, Detailed 'CA' Article
edstreet is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-11-2015, 09:01 PM   #16 (permalink)

Photos: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by edstreet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quality Pen View Post

I have had several phone calls on that very subject with a few members who were in that buy and I also have bought several things from Tapco in the past, long before I was making pens. I do not know nor can I tell what is going on with those problems however an update on that would be nice.

I do know for a fact that all treatment is outsourced to a 3rd party company and it is *NOT* done in house, I know this because I ask the company. Tapco taps is a rather small company of about 10 people and been in business since 1969.

I seriously doubt that anyone is going to get burned.

I also would have to encourage everyone to have more open communication in group buys.
I agree that open communication is best. We do appreciate your input as well. You were a strong proponent for the Ti coating, which I am sure influenced some of us to spend the additional money.

Frankly, if I sent out a product and found out it was faulty on my behalf, I would not make it difficult to do right. To me, it seemed simple the company delivers the product you paid for or repairs it at no added cost to the consumers.

I'm still awaiting the resolution, as are others from the prior tap/die group buy.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:07 PM   #17 (permalink)

Photos: 2

I still stand behind the benefits of having Ti treating performed. It is sound and just, however, I did not like the flaws that were posted and yes they should have been inspected before being shipped out.

Perhaps this group buy (small count) can learn from the other mistakes and perhaps The Penguin can ask Jackie if they would be so kind and inspect every one of the treated units before shipping to us. That way they can take care of any problems before The Penguin gets the shipment.

-- In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

Design your own Polymer Clay Pen Blanks by Toni, Detailed 'CA' Article
edstreet is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-18-2015, 11:57 PM   #18 (permalink)

1 plug tap please
Mark68 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-19-2015, 07:30 AM   #19 (permalink)

One plug tap.

Thanks
Old 11-19-2015, 09:56 AM   #20 (permalink)

By my count, we're up to 10 taps.
The Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads