Tap and Die (triple start threads) Group Buy - IS ON!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

turbowagon

UPDATE:

taps are done, dies are still in production. estimated ship date is now Friday, April 8th. I tried to increase the order quantity to accommodate the waiting list, but they were unable to honor the quantity discount.

- Joe

Last edited:

turbowagon

Ah well. I guess I'll just have to learn to do it the hard way. (Can they send extra if we pay full price for them? How much would that be?)

They would allow me to make a separate order, but the price is quite a bit higher:

$280.30 for 1 set
$215.15/each for 2 sets
$160.69/each for 3 sets

(plus shipping & paypal)

I wouldn't mind organizing another buy in a few months if there is enough interest.

Additionally, Mike Redburn has offered to give up 4 of the sets he reserved to the waiting list.

turbowagon

Yes, the tap and die order was completed by Tapco on Friday. It was either shipped out on Friday, or will be today.

- Joe

turbowagon

The package is in transit and is scheduled to arrive on Thursday. I will probably need the weekend to box and label all the packages. I will try and have them all out in the mail by Monday 4/18.

- Joe

barrysj

Skiprat,

Dude,

I just saw your website for the first time, holy crap that "a rat's tail" pen is fricken phenomenal!

-Steve

turbowagon

The taps and dies have arrived! :banana:

I cut a test piece of acrylic and confirmed that they work, and are indeed triple start. (I then spent the next 15 minutes playing with my new threaded pieces, screwing them together, then unscrewing them for fun).

I plan to have them all out in Monday's mail. Tracking info should be available via Paypal once they ship.

- Joe

turbowagon

They billed and shipped exactly 59 sets as ordered.

That whole overship/undership policy seemed ridiculous to me anyway.

- Joe

Texatdurango

The taps and dies have arrived! :banana:

I cut a test piece of acrylic and confirmed that they work, and are indeed triple start. (I then spent the next 15 minutes playingwith my new threaded pieces, screwing them together, then unscrewing them for fun).

I plan to have them all out in Monday's mail. Tracking info should be available via Paypal once they ship.

- Joe

The way I see it, that was 15 minutes that could have been spent packaging these sets and printing out address labels..... not to mention the hour or two playing around with the tap and die! This EXTRA time might just have been the difference between shipping saturday or monday!

Come on Joe, get the lead out, we want to play too! :wink::biggrin:

turbowagon

:biggrin:

Well I didn't want to find out after I shipped them out to everyone that there was a problem with them.

:mad:

Just found out Multi-order shipping doesn't work for payments made more than a week or two ago.

That means I have to print out each label manually (50+ labels). :bananen_smilies035:

TomW

:biggrin:

That means I have to print out each label manually (50+ labels). :bananen_smilies035:

I have always found that sorting the list REVERSE ALPHABETICALLY makes it easier to ship .....(and makes those of us who migrate to the top that way really, really happy, really)... Besides George only gets mail when the bush plane comes on the second Thursday of the month....

Tom

turbowagon

Paypal just restricted my account! (I think for printing too many labels within a short period, I guess).

Luckily, I printed most of them already... the rest I can do manually on the usps.com website.

I'll post an update in the morning, but I think they will all go out tomorrow.

Thanks,

Joe

turbowagon

Everything is boxed up and ready to go out today. :good:

Although my Paypal account is now suspended. Apparently, printing out 50+ labels triggered a fraud alert on my credit card, which, in turn triggered my Paypal account to be frozen. Since I don't have a land line, I can't verify my account (they won't accept a cell phone number)... so I have to mail or fax Paypal proof of my address. :rolleyes:

turbowagon

And they're in the mail! International Priority Mail can sometimes take up to 3 weeks, but everyone else should get theirs this week. Any problems, let me know.

- Joe

Timebandit

LOL:biggrin:
- Joe[/quote]
So, are these coming with instructions or do we need to download them from somewhere?[/quote]

turbowagon

And they're in the mail! International Priority Mail can sometimes take up to 3 weeks, but everyone else should get theirs this week. Any problems, let me know.

- Joe
So, are these coming with instructions or do we need to download them from somewhere?

I'm still waiting for Part II of your tutorial, then I'll send you the instructions.

How do I make the cap???!!!!! :biggrin: :wink:

Manny

- Joe
So, are these coming with instructions or do we need to download them from somewhere?

I'm still waiting for Part II of your tutorial, then I'll send you the instructions.

Brilliant!

Well played Joe!

Texatdurango

Well done Joe!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: George, I've got a place in the Library reserved.

Tom

Ya know, I just finished my sweeties sewing cabinets, extra laundry room cabinets, downstairs shop bathroom monster sink vanity so I figured I have racked up a few good points so now it's time to play a little!

Perhaps it is high time we did a little quick walk through of making a cap from scratch. I've got a brand new camera, almost figured out how to use it so we'll see what we can throw together!:) Timing might be about right since everyone will be getting their toys... I mean tools!

turbowagon

The thing I'm struggling most with (mentally, I haven't had the chance to attempt a full pen yet), is the best sequence of holding, drilling, and cutting threads in both the pen body and section (which is also threaded to accept a nib holder).

A few obvious challenges...

- avoiding stress on thin-walled parts when tapping/threading

- keeping the joints true and flush with one another

- reliably holding the parts true on the lathe

- more I'm sure I'll discover once I actually attempt a pen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom