Tap and Die (triple start threads) Group Buy - IS ON!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinPens

It's a great group buy and if I can't figure it out I can always sell it in the classifieds. It's all about the adventure of trying something new. And I thought I was too old for pier pressure. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

dozuki

I have to start somewhere so count me in.

payment sent via paypal. i think i did it right let me know if i paid three times. shiney box no like me

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I have just commited and paid for 8 sets. If you are going to want a set and cant commit financially By tommorow pm me and let me know that you want me to hold one for you. If i have enough response quickly enough I may commit to more. The will be slightly higher in cost because of increased shipping and Paypal fees on each transaction.

Mike

turbowagon

We're up to 49 tap and die sets! The buy will remain open until 10AM eastern tomorrow, so act soon if you still want to be included!

- Joe

turff49

Well, I tried holding out and not ordering a set. We see how that worked. Paypal sent for 1 set and postage/Insurance.

I hate to be lazy but is there a tutorial for making a pen with one of these or is it a, play with it and figure it out. I guess I'm really asking about any tips and or tricks that have been learned from trial and error. I gave all my tap and dies to my brother several years ago also so I'm guessing I'll need to go buy a few things.

Texatdurango

Well, I tried holding out and not ordering a set. We see how that worked. Paypal sent for 1 set and postage/Insurance.

I hate to be lazy but is there a tutorial for making a pen with one of these or is it a, play with it and figure it out. I guess I'm really asking about any tips and or tricks that have been learned from trial and error. I gave all my tap and dies to my brother several years ago also so I'm guessing I'll need to go buy a few things.

I did this little tutorial about making a pen without a kit. It might provide some ideas and answer some questions. http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=51646

I do not wish to derail this thread so PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to this post in this thread. I put the link here because I figure a lot of folks ordering these taps and dies might be interested in seeing it. If curious about anything in the tutorial, start another thread in the Advanced pen making forum and we'll all yak it up. :)

turbowagon

Group Buy is CLOSED!!!

Thank you for your participation and prompt payment, everyone! I will update this thread with the status of the order.

- Joe

turbowagon

The order has been placed with Tapco USA with a scheduled ship date of 3/31/2011. I will update when I find out any more info.

- Joe

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Many thanks again for doing this Joe!!!

I'd like to see a change where a trustworthy member like Joe would actually get his goods for free for running something like these group buys.
It's a lot of stressful work and I for one, would have been more than happy to pay a few extra dollars.

How about this for an 'unwritten rule':wink:
When someone does a group buy and you come to send the Paypal money, just round it up a bit. eg; $36.45 would become $40 etc:biggrin:

bbarter

i agree with skip we should all have chipped in $2-3 bucks and joe would have had his set paid for:). thanks again joe

Texatdurango

Many thanks again for doing this Joe!!!

I'd like to see a change where a trustworthy member like Joe would actually get his goods for free for running something like these group buys.
It's a lot of stressful work and I for one, would have been more than happy to pay a few extra dollars.
How about this for an 'unwritten rule'
When someone does a group buy and you come to send the Paypal money, just round it up a bit. eg; $36.45 would become $40 etc:biggrin:

I think some members already do. :)

turbowagon

Actually, enough folks threw in a few extra bucks to cover a set for me and a vanilla latte! :biggrin:

On top of that, some of the cost factors assumed 24 participants. Since we had more than twice that, we will also raise more than $100 for the IAP. :highfive:

Thanks again, everyone!

turbowagon

I've increased the order quantity to 59 sets to accommodate 2 latecomers.

However, I was informed by Tapco that they have a 10% overship/undership policy which is supposedly the "industry standard." :confused: Which apparently means at the end of the month, they may ship (and bill me for) anywhere between 53 and 65 sets.

I hope their manufacturing tolerances are better than their ability to count to 60. :rolleyes:

I'll keep you guys updated.

- Joe

Pen&FishingCT

I've increased the order quantity to 59 sets to accommodate 2 latecomers.

However, I was informed by Tapco that they have a 10% overship/undership policy which is supposedly the "industry standard." :confused: Which apparently means at the end of the month, they may ship (and bill me for) anywhere between 53 and 65 sets.

I hope their manufacturing tolerances are better than their ability to count to 60. :rolleyes:

I'll keep you guys updated.

- Joe
any room for one more?:redface:

mick

Joe I was out of town at a show and didn't take my lap top so was unable to order. If they do send more than ordered I'd like to be on the list to purchase one.
Thanks, Mike

turbowagon

Sure thing. Anyone else that wants to get in line that hasn't contacted me yet, please post here and you will be prioritized in the order of your post.

As far as I know, our order is still on schedule to be completed by the end of the month.

- Joe

turbowagon

Yes, they are due to be shipped today... though I haven't gotten confirmation yet. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow, I will call.

- Joe

Current waiting list:

surfflyfish4stripers
mick
asyler
SuperDave
JD Combs Sr
Chrisk
Curly
simomatra
Kaspar

Status