Stainless stopper group buy ends 8/20

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1nfinity

Mikey,

I've received my stoppers -- they're nice --and now it's time to begin turning.
Thanks for taking my order at the last minute and for your efforts -- it's appreciated!!!

tbroye

Mike

I could use some more Stoppers and the mandrel. I have a AS mandrel and it is a little big at the bushing for Ruth's stopper. I will keep watch for a new Buy. In the meantime I will look for some PR stopper blocks.

Leather Man

Mike,
Recieved my Stoppers. Thank you very much. I have never turned a stopper yet so this will be an adventure. Do you need a mandrel to turn stoppers?
Thanks
Ben

Mikey

Mike,
Recieved my Stoppers. Thank you very much. I have never turned a stopper yet so this will be an adventure. Do you need a mandrel to turn stoppers?
Thanks
Ben

I'm not sure what equipment you have, so I'm just guessing that you don't have a stopper mandrel but may have a scroll chuck.

The stoppers fit on a 3/8-16 thread. If I had a scroll chuck I would get a 3/8-16 bolt (long) and cut the head off. I would use that bolt to thread into the stopper. (you will need to tap the threads) Insert the other end into the scroll chuck. I would also drill an appropriate size hole in a piece of wood or plastic and use that as a makeshift bushing (turn to size) This would also work if you had a drill chuck mounted to a #2 mandrel

I don't have a scroll chuck and saw the mandrel when I was ordering them. I figured I would give one a try. I also ordered an AS mini stopper mandrel but that bushing was too small. I am looking into getting bushings made up that will fit on the AS mandrel but are the correct OD for the Niles stoppers. I know there are lots of people who probably have the AS mandrels. (maybe even a bushing for the AS buffing handle.)

If you have the niles mandrel it makes a wonderful buffing handle, even if it is a little shorter. I hold the mandrel with one hand and just use my other fingers on the other hand to steady the stopper while being buffed.

jttheclockman

Not sure but did I miss out on this group buy of the stoppers??? There is another thread running which I placed an order but not sure what is going on. Can anyone help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom