Sierra Group Buy - UPDATE 11-29-05 (p.1)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimGo

Originally posted by Geo in Winnipeg
<br />Jim, are there extra tubes available or are you limiting it to kits and bushings?

George,
I haven't looked into the spare tubes - though with my track record, I probably should! But, for now, I would like to keep it to bushings and these two finishes.

JimGo

OK, I did some rough calculatin', and here's what I've come up with as tentative pricing, including the fees PayPal charges:
Gold - $8.50
Platinum - $7.15
Bushings - $6.25
U.S. Shipping - $4

The reason the pricing is tentative is that I still want to talk to Bill B. and see if we can get an additional discount. I'm going to guess that we're approaching his costs, so I doubt that we'll get a discount, but it's still worth a try! He doesn't open his phones for a few hours still, but as soon as I know more I'll post the info here.

RPM

Jim,
Will you let me squeeze in with 5 of each since I'm guessing you're past 200. I'd be interested in some spare tubes also if you decide to include them
Richard

dubdrvrkev

Okay twist my arm, I'll do 3 of each and one set of bushings.
Any chance we will see another buy with the other finishes?

Should we just send the amounts you stated or do you want to send PP requests?

JimGo

I'll start sending PayPal requests to all the U.S. residents later tonight if I haven't received payment yet - at least for those for whom I have an E-mail address.

JimGo

Yes Ron. This version is closed. Let me see how easy/difficult this is; if it isn't too bad, I might consider running another one in a few weeks. Alternatively, if someone else wants to jump in and start another group buy, I won't be offended in the least!

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I will run a group purchase for the Sierra, all platings, starting tomorrow. I will keep it open for a couple of weeks. Look for a post then.

dubdrvrkev

Thanks Lou! Of course this means I get to get in trouble twice for the same thing. As long as I keep it in the "before we have to discuss it" range we are all good. SO far so good.[}:)]

M

Mudder

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />--------------------------------
10/4/05 11:34 PM Edit:
Below is an updated list of orders. I believe I have contacted everyone except Mudder either directly or via the IAP E-mail feature. If you haven't heard from me, please E-mail me (that includes you Mudder! [:D] ).

I sent contact info a minute ago.

JimGo

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />I will run a group purchase for the Sierra, all platings, starting tomorrow. I will keep it open for a couple of weeks. Look for a post then.

Thanks Lou! I've been leery about running a group buy because I've heard horror stories; that's why I'm being rather strict about this one. If it goes well, I can probably be convinced to do another in the future, and possibly even work with Johnny on the recurring pen kit group buy concept some of us discussed.

JimGo

Originally posted by wayneis
<br />Jim I sent you my email address yesterday, have you recieved it?

Wayne
Whoops! I could have SWORN I sent that to you Wayne! Thanks for following up. I just sent the invoice to you.

JimGo

Originally posted by penhead
<br />Jim,
Just sent you paypal payment.
Sorry for the delay.
Meant to do it earlier but got stuck in a meeting..darn day job anywho..!

You SHOULD be sorry John! I mean, heck, it's been a whopping 12 hours since I had all the money stuff figured out. I can't believe you'd use a lame excuse like a day job! [:D]

Got your payment - thanks!

JimGo

Wow, this is going amazingly well. There are basically only three people who still need to finalize their payment stuff, and two of them have already followed up with me. With any luck, I should have payment from everyone by Saturday, and be able to place the order with Bill B. no later than Sunday/Monday.

Gary, unfortunately it may take a LITTLE longer!

JimGo

Got it, thanks William! In fact, I've received payments from all those paying by PayPal. Thank you to everyone for the prompt replies and payment. A few people are paying by check, and unfortunately it represents enough of a cost that I can't afford to float it all at this point, so I am going to hold off on the order 'till Friday or Saturday, when hopefully at least some of the checks will be here. I figure it gives Bill a few extra days to get the kits in!

I'll post again once I place the order.

JimGo

Thanks John! I have a spreadsheet where I'm keeping my official tallies, and must have forgotten to update that total here. I have it correct on my spreadsheet.

JimGo

I just got off the phone with bill. He said that Berea still doesn't have any of the Sierra kits in from Tiawan, and he's completely out. His current estimate is that they will ship to me by the first week in November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom