Sierra Group Buy - UPDATE 11-29-05 (p.1)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimGo

--------------------------------
10/5/05 11:30 PM Edit:
Below is an updated list of orders. Thanks again to everyone who participated!
Code:
                      Ti   Pl   Bushing
Jim Goepel          -  5    5      1
William Cavanaugh   -  5    5
Karl Rose           -  5           1
Dario Octaviano     -  5    5      1
Lynn Dimick         -  5    5      1
Jim Boyd            -  5    5      1
John Payton         -  5    5      1
Jerry Adams         -  5    5      1
Larry Olsen         -  5    5      1
Scott Hettel        -  5    5
Michael Wine        -       5      1
George McMath       - 10    5 
James Mann          -       5      1
Jeff Koehler        -  3    3      1
Bill Pealer         -  5    5      1
John Solberg        -  5    5      1
Gary Gerber         -  5    5
Richard Marsh       -  5    5
Billy Burt          -  5    5      1
Kevin McPeek        -  3    3      1
Wayne Swindlehurst  -  5    5        --
James Gillespie     -  2    2      1
Ben Wetzel          -       5      1
Bill Hastings       -  5    5      1
Don Ward            -  5    5      1
Totals                108   113    18

I spoke with Bill Baumbeck on 10/4/05, and he has agreed to give us an even bigger discount as long as we order more than 200 kits (thanks Bill!). So, the pricing now breaks down as follows, including the PayPal cost:
TiGold: $8.20 each
Platinum: $6.95 each
Shipping in the US is still going to be $4.

-----------
10/23/05 Edit
Spoke with Bill B on Friday evening, and he said that the kits are on a truck headed to him, and that he expects to get them toward the end of next week. So, we should be on track for them getting to me during the first week in November. Hopefully, I'll be able to get them all out to y'all pretty quickly thereafter.
-----------
11/7/05 Edit
UPS says the packages (it took two to ship everything to me!) should arrive on Friday, 11/11/05. They are being shipped to my office, and I'll post an update once they arrive. Assuming they do arrive on time, I'll try to get them out in the mail on Monday.
------------
11/11/05 Edit
OK, they arrived! Two BIG boxes full of stuff. I guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow! They probably won't go out 'till some time Monday, but hopefully you'll have your pen kits in time for the weekend before thanksgiving.

------------
11/14/05 Edit (midnight post)
Got 'em packed up tonight. Still need to print off all the mailing labels and that kind of stuff, but hopefully I'll be able to do that tomorrow during my lunch, and then we'll be all set. At the latest, they should all be going out on Tuesday.
-------------
11/14/05 Edit (noon post)
I'm about to head out to the post office. I have almost everyone's stuff ready to go, except our two Canadian participants and the people who paid by check/money order. For our Northern friends, your stuff requires additional attention, and I'll deal with it tonight. As for the non-PayPal people, I thought I had your addresses available to me at work, but I don't, so I'll have to get those together tonight too. However, both the non-PayPal and Canadian stuff should go out tomorrow.
-------------
11/14/05 Edit (1:30 PM post)
OK, they're off! I have six more to ship (the aforementioned two groups), then they'll all be on their merry way. Hopefully everyone received E-mails from PayPal with tracking #'s.

I hate to be a pain, but for the people who didn't pay via PayPal, would you E-mail me your address? I am sure I have it, but it will be a lot more straightforward if you'd E-mail. Sorry!

-------------
11/29/05 edit
Sent off packages to George McMath, Ben Wetzel, and Bill Hastings today. Still need addresses for the remaining three people!!!

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Ok, Jim. Count me in for 5 of each as well. I can't believe you don't want to include the satin SILVER as well.

20051043481_Camatillo.jpg
<br />

JimGo

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />...I can't believe you don't want to include the satin SILVER as well.
I KNEW people were going to complain!

This is cool! I've only had the thread going about 1/2 an hour, and already 35 are accounted for!

Oh, I should add that I'm going to close the group buy when I get commitment for 200 kits, so if you want in, get in NOW!

Ligget

Why national?
I thought this was the INTERNATIONAL Penturners Association![:(!]
Us folks turn pens too, and don`t mind paying extra for delivery.

MDWine

OK Jim, 5 + 5 + Bushings... and I can save us the shipping costs!

If you need help sorting when they get in, lemme know, I'll give ya a hand putting your orders together.

Draken

JimGo,

Just to follow up (and revise) my email to you, I'm in for two Gold and two Platinum plus bushings. And I too can save us the cost of postage. [:)]

Thanks,
Draken

JimGo

Originally posted by Geo in Winnipeg
<br />Is the price 34% off the single price on BB's site?
George,
The discount I mentioned is simply taking adavantage of Bill's multi-kit pricing. I may contact him to see if we can get an additional discount, but for the time being, I'm going to assume we are "simply" going to get the standard 50+ kit price.

JimGo

Originally posted by ligget
<br />Why national?
I thought this was the INTERNATIONAL Penturners Association![:(!]
Us folks turn pens too, and don`t mind paying extra for delivery.

Mark,
Sorry, you are correct; I'd be happy to include you in my order. My biggest problem is that I don't know what the shipping would be to you! But we can try to figure that out later, if you're interested.

JimGo

Originally posted by ashaw
<br />I'll take 5 chrome plus bushings
Sorry, no chrome at this time. If this goes well, I may run another bulk buy in the future (or someone else can!), but for now I want to limit my confusion.

JimGo

Originally posted by jkoehler
<br />Do you know how much shipping would be to Canada?

Sorry, not really sure. In the USA, I had planned on using the $3.85 flat-rate priority mail envelopes, unless someone has a less expensive option that is just as easy to implement. There may be an equivalent option to Canada; perhaps someone else here has some idea?

JimGo

OK, based on what I see here, I have orders for 184 kits total; only 16 more to reach my goal! If you want to get in on this order, please let me know soon!

It certainly looks like there is enough interest to run another group-buy in the future, especially of some of the other finish types.

Dario

Jim,

The reason I want (I assume all the rest too) the chrome integrated with this buy is the savings in shipping. Having done a group myself...I know and understand your reservation about doing multiple finish.

I can only imagine the horror that RTJW went through especially since his Group Buy have separate ends in 2 different configuration per finish!!! YUKKK [xx(]

JimGo

Thanks Dario! Looks like there is a flat-rate Global Priority Mail envelope for $4 to Canada, and $5 to Scotland. That's the cost for the "small" envelope; if your order requires a large envelope, it will be $9 to Scotland, and $7 to Canada. You can find out more at http://www.usps.gov.

I understand about wanting to consolidate shipping costs; that's why we Northern Virginians have banded together to form a little buying consortium - at least then we can split the shipping costs. I'm still reluctant to open this buy up to other kits, though...sorry!

Ligget

Thanks Jim, I will wait for the chrome kits group buy.
There is no hurry, even if I wait till next year. (I love chrome, and its cheaper than platinum)[:p][:p][:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom