Ruth Niles threaded stoppers group buy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

massmans

UPDATE: I will hold this group buy open until November 1. All payments will need to be made by Nov 2. If we reach the needed 300 stoppers, the buy will be closed.

ADDED: Canada as an option for shipping.

The buy will end on the October 25th at 9am CST. All payments must be made by 10am CST on October 26th.

The stoppers are from Ruth Niles http://www.torne-lignum.com/stoppers.html and will be the #301 with the 3/8" x 16tpi threaded stud. Pricing is $4.60 each. We need at least 300 to go ahead with the order. MAX is 500 which includes the 50 I will be ordering. The BUY WILL BE CUT OFF AT 500. The actual pricing is a bit less than the $4.60 shown. With the past group buys the extra $.15 per stopper was donated to the IAP. I will use the some of the extra to cover shipping materials. Any remaining amount will be donated. I will post the amount donated here.

Ruth's stopper mandrels can also be added to an order. $25 each.

Ruth also sells 23/64 drill bits. Price per bit is $4 each.

Cost will be $4.60 each plus $5.45 for postage ($4.95 me to you plus $.50 for getting them to me.) and Paypal fees of 3% +.30. (cost + postage *1.03 +.30).

Insurance will be REQUIRED and will be based on cost of stoppers alone without shipping.

PayPal is the only method of payment. Send Paypal to my email address in signature.

I will be limiting this group buy to only USA or CANADA residents. If you located in Canada, please let me know your desired amount and I will pm you the total.

Costs of stoppers in even numbers including shipping and Paypal:
5 stoppers -with insurance $31.41
10 stoppers -with insurance $55.10
15 stoppers -with insurance $79.30
20 stoppers -with insurance $102.99
25 stoppers -with insurance $126.68
30 stoppers -with insurance $150.37

Any number over 50 will require a larger box and additional postage.

Please post your order in this posting and I will PM you or contact me via PM.

Please make sure you allow PMs from this site and you need to check them. To allow PMs (Private Messages) you go into the user CP and make the necessary changes. If you don't check in often, you can also turn on a feature that sends you an e-mail when you get a private message.

Orders:
massmans - 50 plus one mandrel
massmans via local AAW woodturning club - 38 plus two drill bits - paid (I am the club president and offering the group buy to the membership)
n7blw - 10 (paid)
LEAP- 10 plus one drill bit (paid)
VampMN - 10 (paid)
Rogerpjr - 10 plus two bits and a mandrel (pm sent)
Dave_M - 5 (pm sent)
Finatic - 10 (paid)
dntrost - 10 plus one bit and one mandrel (paid)
minotbob - 10 plus one bit and one mandrel (paid)
buckobernie - 20 (paid)
Old Lar - 10 plus one bit (paid)

Total: 192 stoppers, 7 drill bits, and 4 mandrels

If you haven't ever turned a stopper, here is a good tutorial off Ruth's site.
http://www.torne-lignum.com/make_stoppers.html

Please PM me if you have any questions.

I am attaching a picture of one of my own homebrew PR stoppers if you need an idea on the style.

Attachments

• redwhiteblue3_2.jpg
    redwhiteblue3_2.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:

micharms

maybe you need to open it up to others outside the USA! Not saying I'm in the position to participate right now but maybe I could be convinced. Canada ain't that far away!

Michael

massmans

I will open this up to Canada.

Shipping with a small flat rate priority mail box is $10.88.

If anyone is interested please send me your quantity and I will send you a total.

massmans

UPDATE: I will hold this group buy open until November 1. All payments will need to be made by Nov 2. If we reach the needed 300 stoppers, the buy will be closed.

massmans

Anyone else need some stoppers.

If needed, I can increase my number to get us to 200.

Getting to 200 gets us close the the price of $4.60 per stopper. Ruth's prices for 200-299 is $4.60 each, and 300-499 is $4.50 each, but those prices don't include the ~$11 shipping cost to get to me. I am charging an extra 50 cents per person to help cover the shipping to me, but that doesn't cover all the shipping to me. I might be short around $5-$6. The plan of getting to 300 would allow the price to get down to $4.50 and cover all the shipping and also have a small donation to IAP.

For the people currently in the group buy, how does everyone feel about closing down the group buy early and proceeding with the purchase. Are you fine with maybe paying up to a dollar extra to cover any increase.

Please either pm me or post here with your thoughts.

Thanks
Steve

Dave_M

I'd pay an extra buck to get this show on the road. Although I'm in no real hurry so if you want to extend it a little longer, that works for me just as well.

massmans

Thanks Dave. I thought we wouldn't have any problem getting to 300, and didn't really like having to extend it.

I'd pay an extra buck to get this show on the road. Although I'm in no real hurry so if you want to extend it a little longer, that works for me just as well.

George7

I'd like 20 stoppers, a mandrel and a stub bit. I don't have any problem with the extra $1 per person. PM me with the actual total and I will pay right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom