Redwood and Maple Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

rtjw

I offered this on The Pen Shop and we sold out quickly. I figured I should offer it here also. I will have to go up on the price a little.

Set of ten blanks will be 14.00. that includes paypal and priority shipping. You must order a full set of redwood or burl. No 5 of this and 5 of that.

Dont send money now, because i want to get a feel and see if we can get 500 blanks ordered. If it looks like we will, I will post for everyone to start sending the money.

Redwood Burl

200624153138_041005-022.jpg

Maple Burl

20062415327_maple.jpg

Fangar

I got in on the redwood burl. It is really nice for those of you thinking about it. Don't be suprised when you get them if they look a little bland. Once you turn em down and finish them, they are really nice.

Fangar

Radman

I just turned (last night) some of your redwood burl, and let me tell you, It's awesome. Now, if I would have had my cigar bushings in the right order, I would have taken a picture [:(!][:(!][:(!]
Radman[8D]

rtjw

so as to not have any double posting, please post any orders on the topic at http://www.thepenshop.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=747

The bulk buy is on. So you can start placing orders

Thumbs

That means we have to join "thepenshop.net" to order these? Those of us who were never invited are allowed to join,too?[?]

rtjw

Yea, your invited. I didnt know I sent out invitations. If it is a problem, you can just send me paypal, but your name will be put up on The Pen Shop. It is just so I can keep track of everyone that has ordered.

YoYoSpin

If I understand this correctly, you're advertising here on the IAP site and then sending your customers to a competing site to close the deal? Perhaps the intent was wholesome but it comes across as poor taste to the extreme, IMHO.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I have to agree with Ed.

Johnny, I'd be willing to bet I'd be laughed off or chased off your site if I did something similar. I'm going to post some new articles here this week. I'll post an announcement on the pen shop and test my theory.

Edit: In thinking more about this, I realize that Johnny sees his site as complimenting rather than competing with this one. Given that, I think his intentions were good, but I have to disagree with that view of the two sites. Just because they are different does not make them complimentary.

rtjw

Sorry about that ed. It was so that recordkeeping could be done.

Jeff, that would be great if you posted an announcement. I think several people have posted links to different stuff here. I dont have a problem with it. And I dont think anyone else would.

If it will stop any confusion, I can delete the thread. Just tell me what you need me to do.

rtjw

Please send paypal to rtjw@swbell.net
they are 14.00 a set.

I hope the price is okay with everyone and it is okay to post my paypal address. If I need to ask approval just tell me and I can mail the post application approval form in![:eek:)]

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Just expressing an opinion, Johnny [:)] I didn't mean to imply that you'd do the chasing.

No need to delete the thread, I want everyone to have a chance to get these nice blanks. Looks like beautiful stuff.

Dario

Originally posted by YoYoSpin
<br />If I understand this correctly, you're advertising here on the IAP site and then sending your customers to a competing site to close the deal? Perhaps the intent was wholesome but it comes across as poor taste to the extreme, IMHO.

Johnny,

I agree with YoYoSpin, as good as your intentions are, it is coming accross as very tacky. Also just my own opinion.

rtjw

Originally posted by jeff
<br />Just expressing an opinion, Johnny [:)] I didn't mean to imply that you'd do the chasing.

No need to delete the thread, I want everyone to have a chance to get these nice blanks. Looks like beautiful stuff.

Heck Jeff, you havent been chased off yet. I try to keep the guard bird chained up. The only problem is he pecks everyone that comes in the cage.

rtjw

Originally posted by Dario
<br />
<br />If I understand this correctly, you're advertising here on the IAP site and then sending your customers to a competing site to close the deal? Perhaps the intent was wholesome but it comes across as poor taste to the extreme, IMHO.

Johnny,

I agree with YoYoSpin, as good as your intentions are, it is coming accross as very tacky. Also just my own opinion.

Dario, I hate that it comes across as tacky, wasnt meant to.

Tacky would be YoYo's blanks!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by rtjw
<br />
Originally posted by jeff
<br />Just expressing an opinion, Johnny [:)] I didn't mean to imply that you'd do the chasing.

Heck Jeff, you havent been chased off yet. I try to keep the guard bird chained up. The only problem is he pecks everyone that comes in the cage.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Gary Max

<br />
<br />

Johnny,

Why would you talk badly about Yo-Yo's blanks ?????
Seems like you are attacking his work.

rtjw

Originally posted by Gary Max
<br />
<br />
<br />

Johnny,

Why would you talk badly about Yo-Yo's blanks ?????
Seems like you are attacking his work.

Just my humble opinion

Ron Mc

PastorBill,
I may be able to assist you! I will soon be adding the ever popular pickle blank to my pen blank page on McKinneyPens.
Here's a preview of what can be done with them! [:D][;)]
MVC-123S.JPG

rtjw

speaking of Pen Blanks. I got an email today about you Ron.

The questions was, do you make your own blanks or have someone do them for you? They were wondering because they found a guy on ebay selling the blanks and saying that you bought from him and it had a picture of one of your pens and website. Just wanting to make sure no one is stealing your stuff.

Dario

<br />speaking of Pen Blanks. I got an email today about you Ron.

The questions was, do you make your own blanks or have someone do them for you? They were wondering because they found a guy on ebay selling the blanks and saying that you bought from him and it had a picture of one of your pens and website. Just wanting to make sure no one is stealing your stuff.

Johnny,

Is there a need for this post? If so, why not go straight to the point? You're obviously insinuating something. Why hide in the pretence that you care?

This is neither in defense of Ron nor picking a fight...I just feel this is wrong.

Another sad day in IAP... [V][:(]

Ron Mc

Johnny,
Please let whomever e-mailed you know that I have worked a deal with my supplier so that I can provide the checkerboard, 50/50, and the NEW strip blanks at more economical prices than they can buy them on eBay for.
This is why I have only advertised the blanks in the "Commercial" area since I don't think they belong in the "Individual" category.
I have also allowed my supplier to use my pictures in his auctions to help him sell the blanks. He has become a great friend and business partner. So, Nothing has been stolen.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I hope that this clears it up for whomever sent the e-mail.

rtjw

You are welcome Ron, and I will keep you to your word about posting it on the pen shop. I would love to have some of the blanks. It would probably be tacky for me to buy them on here though since I have TPS and the whole competition thing. LOL I have always thought they were neat.

Dario before I answer your post, have you sent my wood yet?[:D]

Dario

Johnny,

Your package was shipped via USPS Flat rate box on February 1, 2006. You should have been notified via email by USPS. It is very odd that yours haven't arrived yet.

Please give it a few more days and if it doesn't arrive, please let me know and I'll follow it up with USPS. Worst case, I'll give you a FULL REFUND.

BTW, no matter what you say...I'll fulfill my part of the bargain. [;)]

rglinks

If it not yet closed I would like to have 1 set of each.

Thhis is the first time for me on this group buy thing.

Where do in need to send the check and my info to

Ron

kfandb

As the manufacturer of the checkerboard blanks you're refering to on ebay, I agree with Dario. Ron has NEVER said or implied that he makes these blanks. Ron contacted me more than a year ago and asked if we could manufacture a blank like this, and thanks to Ron, the rest is history. We've been very succesful with the checkerboard blank. Ron approached me about offering them to the IAP members since we don't have the time time to do it. Your insinuation that Ron was doing something underhanded OR that I am a thief was neither called for or appreciated. I suggest you keep your snide comments to yourself.
<br />speaking of Pen Blanks. I got an email today about you Ron.

rtjw

<br />Johnny,

Your package was shipped via USPS Flat rate box on February 1, 2006. You should have been notified via email by USPS. It is very odd that yours haven't arrived yet.

Please give it a few more days and if it doesn't arrive, please let me know and I'll follow it up with USPS. Worst case, I'll give you a FULL REFUND.

BTW, no matter what you say...I'll fulfill my part of the bargain. [;)]

I will wait a couple more days dario. No Problem. I thought that flat rate boxes took 2 or 3 days just like all priority. Postman cames today and still didnt have it. Thats 6 days from texas to texas. You may want to start checking on it.

Dario

Johnny,

I am tracking it online but USPS tracking sucks.

They are very reliable though, and yours will be my first problem if ever. The packages I mailed Saturday to California and Utah arrived yesterday...so something might have happened with your package. If it doesn't arrive by Monday just let me know and I'll refund your money (since the package is not insured).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom