Quick Sharpie Refill Tap Buy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnm

Payment Info

Ok... I am going to order these hopefully sometime tomorrow, depends how everyone's payment goes, i apologize for getting to you guys so late on the payment proceedures, but i was trying to work out the arrangements with Tapco.

Please paypal $31 to j.gerst@sbcglobal.net

Please make sure that your IAP Screen Name is in the payment, as well as your Real Name and address.

If you have any questions, please don't hestitate.

John

Nowicki

Payment sent as personal payment owed..

Ok... I am going to order these hopefully sometime tomorrow, depends how everyone's payment goes, i apologize for getting to you guys so late on the payment proceedures, but i was trying to work out the arrangements with Tapco.

Please paypal $31 to j.gerst@sbcglobal.net

Please make sure that your IAP Screen Name is in the payment, as well as your Real Name and address.

If you have any questions, please don't hestitate.

John

johnm

Status

I am sorry, i got stuck in some important meetings this afternoon, i did not get a chance to purchase the taps today. However, it seems that everyone has paid, so first thing in the morning they will get ordered. I would say you should have them by Thanksgiving.

John

johnm

Good news!

Ok, wanted to let you know an update. I put in an order today for the taps. The Tapco Representative has charged me for 1 tap, and is making me 1 tap on monday, to be mailed to me on tuesday, both she and i want to make sure that the tap is going to do what we want it to do, and if any adjustments are to be made, we can make one now, rather than being stuck with almost 40 taps that do nothing, and you guys looking for your money back. So hang tight, this may add about 4 days to the whole process, but it'll be worth it. SO, if anyone wants to be added to the list, we have a few more days that you can be added on.

I will keep you guys informed.

John

bruce119

Ok, wanted to let you know an update. I put in an order today for the taps. The Tapco Representative has charged me for 1 tap, and is making me 1 tap on monday, to be mailed to me on tuesday, both she and i want to make sure that the tap is going to do what we want it to do, and if any adjustments are to be made, we can make one now, rather than being stuck with almost 40 taps that do nothing, and you guys looking for your money back. So hang tight, this may add about 4 days to the whole process, but it'll be worth it. SO, if anyone wants to be added to the list, we have a few more days that you can be added on.

I will keep you guys informed.

John

John that is a very good idea protects everyone. The few extra days is well worth it.

Good Job:good:

thanks

johnm

Order is in

OK. The sample she sent me is very good. It works great. I used it with a 7/16 bit. The fit is very tight, there is no slop for the refill to wobble. infact, she is supposed to be sending me a .441 bit that is a slight bit bigger than 7/16 and smaller than 29/64, which should give a bit more clearance for the refill. Either way, using a 7/16 is just fine. She will start making them on Monday, should get to me the first of the following week, and I'll turn them right around.

John

Nowicki

Sounds great to me. I got a table at a knife show and wanted to put some out.
Any info on dies to match?

Larry

sdemars

Drill Bit . . .

OK. The sample she sent me is very good. It works great. I used it with a 7/16 bit. The fit is very tight, there is no slop for the refill to wobble. infact, she is supposed to be sending me a .441 bit that is a slight bit bigger than 7/16 and smaller than 29/64, which should give a bit more clearance for the refill. Either way, using a 7/16 is just fine. She will start making them on Monday, should get to me the first of the following week, and I'll turn them right around.

John

If you try the .441 drill bit and it works better than an off the shelf size, why not see if she will sell us a couple .441 drill bits to go with each tap. It would sure be better than hunting them down . . .

Steve

Last edited:

danroggensee

John did you order a few extra one if so or if you can add to it i would like one and if you can get the drill bits that to please let me nothe amount and i will paypal you the payment .

thanks
Dannie

bruce119

any updates??

on 11-13 John wrote in post #70

John

The first of the following week would be 11-23 so we are still waiting on the manufacture. :wink:

pssherman

For those interested, this drill bit is $9.62
Grainger Item # 4HAZ7
Jobber Drill, Standard, General Purpose Grade, High Speed Steel, Black Oxide Finish, Conventional Point, Drill Point 118 Deg, Metric Size 11.20, Decimal Equivalent 0.4409, Flute Length 94 mm, Overall Length 142 mm, Shank Dia 11.20 mm

johnm

Updates

The taps are getting made. I will be following up with the sales representative this Friday to confirm that we are on Schedule.

I will also update the list at the top of the posting just to make sure i have everyone down correctly.

PM Me if you have any questions.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom