Possible Inlace Acrylester Group Buy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

hilltopper46

Buy is closed - order went in this morning

Updated February 12, 2009 - This buy is closed - the order went int his morning.
-----------------​
This is a group buy on Woodturningz' Inlace Acrylester blanks. You can see the blanks that are available at http://woodturningz.com/Inlace_Acrylester_Pen_Blanks.aspx.

Inlace Acrylester blanks have some unique properties. There is an informational / instructional sheet here: http://woodturningz.com/docs/Working_with_Inlace_Acrylester.pdf . IF YOU HAVE NEVER TURNED THIS, IT IS NOT FOR NEWBIES. It is a brittle polyresin. However, it makes beautiful pens.

This buy includes the following:

All standard Inlace Acrylester blanks, not including the money blank or the cereal blanks.

In addition Woodturningz is in the process of introducing 4 new 'Diamond' series Acrylester Blanks such as the one shown here: http://woodturningz.com/IA/IA71.jpg . The one shown is called 'Galaxy'. 'Gold Pulsar' http://woodturningz.com/IA/IA72.jpg is a black based blank with a gold fleck. I have no pictures yet to show of the other two. 'Red Nebula' will be a red base with the same fleck as 'Galaxy'. And, 'Milky Way' will be a silver fleck in a white background. We are allowed to order these (sight unseen - at least for now) on this buy.

Pricing: Prices do not reflect add-on for shipping and other charges from Woodturningz to me. My estimate is that this adds about $0.35 per blank to the price below.

For the regular Acrylester Blank, standard 100+ pricing is $2.25/blank. (I will cancel the buy if I cannot get orders for 100 standard blanks).

For the 'Diamond' series, 20+ pricing is $4.50/blank. If we get orders for 100 or more combined Diamond series blanks the price drops to 3.50/blank.

Shipping for the USA will be Flat Rate Priority. I can get up to 20 blanks in a 'VCR' flat rate box and envelope (~$5.00). From there, up to about 100 or so in a small flate rate box (~$11.00). For all orders, even if I underestimate shipping in the initial calculation, the blanks will not ship until full payment is received.

International shipments will be handled on a actual cost basis. For international shipments I will add a large estimate to your billed total and refund any remaining when the order is shipped. NOTE: I WILL NOT FALSIFY THE CUSTOMS DOCUMENTS. PayPal is the only form of payment accepted for international orders. For all orders, even if I underestimate shipping in the initial calculation, the blanks will not ship until full payment is received.

Payment: PayPal is preferred. The charge for PayPal is (as usual) $0.30 plus 2.9% of the total, including shipping, and will be added to your total before you pay. Money order or bank check will be accepted if the payment arrives before the order date. NO PERSONAL CHECKS. If you can't stand PayPal and want to pay by Credit Card I have an alternative, but it is slightly more expensive than PayPal - PM me.

Timing: I am now taking orders for this group buy. I will close the buy for additional orders on February 9 at 6:00 PM CST (GMT-6). Based on prior experience with Woodturningz, you may possibly have the product in your possession before the end of February. I am planning to travel for business 2/22 though 3/3. I hope to be able to ship before I leave, but If I cannot, shipment will occur after 3/3.

If you care to, you can use the attached Excel Sheet to calculate your estimated order. It also contains links to individual pictures of the blanks. You can return the sheet to me as an order if you wish. Attach it to your response or PM me for another email address.

Either use the attached spreadsheet to order your blanks or list the blanks you want below. I am not accepting orders for the money blanks or the cereal blanks.
===============
Update 2/9/2009

Here's what I have so far - please review the number of blanks and let me know if we are in agreement. If I have missed someone's order, please let me know ASAP. I will PM PayPal Amounts as soon as I finish this edit.

Name Number Blanks
PenturnerJohn 13 (Paid)
1TJTurner Cancelled
Darley 16 (Paid)
Yooperbird 11 (Paid)
Leehljp 8 (Paid)
Chris99210 19 (Paid)
Bruce K 18 (Paid)
RonEd 26 (Paid)
Tracker18 15 (Paid)
SkyWizzard 17 (Paid)
SkipEvans 20 (Paid)
Me ?? (~20)

Attachments

• BlankListing.zip
    15.2 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bruce119

Just a thought I know a wile back we did a buy with I think wood pen pro. I think his prices are just about the same. And I really like his acrylic I have been waiting for another acrylic group buy. I think he gave a good deal with the group and WPP I think looks a little better and it's already round. Just a thought I am in ether way.
Bruce

pssherman

....In addition Woodturningz is in the process of introducing 4 new 'Diamond' series Acrylester Blanks such as the one shown here: http://woodturningz.com/IA/IA71.jpg . The one shown is called 'Galaxy'. I have no pictures yet to show of the other three. 'Red Nebula' will be a red base with the same fleck as 'Galaxy'. 'Gold Pulsar' will be a black based blank with a gold fleck. And, 'Milky Way' will be a silver fleck in a white background. We are allowed to order these (sight unseen - at least for now) on this buy.....

Here is a link to a picture of a pen I just posted using the new Galaxy blank:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41890

hilltopper46

I'm bumping this thread.

Also, I'm on vacation at the moment. Please post if you have intrest in this buy as I will make a decision as to whether we proceed next Monday, 2/2.

Thanks everyone!

chris99210

I'd be interested in at least 15 regular and maybe 20 (I just turned one called molten metal last night and it turned into a beautiful Zen pen). I'd also take 5 of the galaxy.
Chris

leehljp

Member Liaison
I wrote in my post here that I wanted international shipping. But in my PM to you I mentioned my USA address. I didn't think I would be back in the States until close to June. I have my tickets and I will be Stateside in April. Therefore, shipping will be to my US address. :)

skywizzard

Order

I would like to order:

One each (13 total) acrylester numbers:

One each (4 total) diamond numbers:

71a
71b
71c

PM the total,

Thanks

yooperbird

Order

Tony - I've attached my order. Please let me know your paypal e-mail and confirm my total due.

Thanks for doing this.

Attachments

• yooperbird BlankListing.xls
    53 KB · Views: 372

chris99210

Here's my order -- please PM the actual total and I'll send payment via paypal.

Chris

Attachments

• BlankListing.xls
    53 KB · Views: 268

PenTurnerJohn

Package arrived

Tony, thanks so much for your help with this Inlace group buy. I like the new Diamond series blanks...and also the Abalone blank!

I also liked your spreadsheet order form.

Keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom