Norseman drill bits any interest?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

airrat

Thanks Andy you reminded me on the sets. They are going to email me if they go on sale. If they do I will just post it so people can get them. He was not sure if they were or not.

Mike my problem is posting it on the site. I can make a spread sheet and copy and past it. But the site compacts it all down and it is messy. I do not know anything about posting one online. If anyone wants to help me on this let me know I can email you it. Its nothing complex just the basic numbers.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Tom - If you want to develop a spreadsheet, I will host it on my site so folks can download it, fill it out and email it back to you. That MIGHT be a simple way.

IPD_Mrs

Tom here is an example: Please note all info is ficticious!

Size: Price Qty.
29/64" $4.76 10 closed <---marked once the quantity is reached
29/64" $4.76 4 6 needed to confirm <---line inserted once first group qty is reached.

Now the real headache with this is you will need to keep a list on each size and each group of that size to know who is first come first serve on any size provided the quantity is not reached. The whole concept of this qroup buy is a logistical nightmare. Personally I think you should get some sort of compensation due to the level of work involved.

Here is an example of the way you proposed and what it could mean:
Bit (A) reg. $10.00 Quantity price $6.50 Lets say the number needed for the quantity break is 10 but you get 17 orders that means the price is $7.94 per bit just slightly over 20% off.

The idea of the group buy is commendable, but I think you are exposing yourself to a major migraine!

Mike

GaryMGg

Originally posted by DCBluesman

Tom - If you want to develop a spreadsheet, I will host it on my site so folks can download it, fill it out and email it back to you. That MIGHT be a simple way.

I'm not trying to start a tech-war but here's another avenue that's possibly easier:
The Velvet pen sleeve group buy I did is in a spreadsheet hosted free on Google under my documents.
It can be made globally readable and one can invite individuals to make updates based on their
email address. That's probably easier than uploading and downloading. And, updates are visible
in real-time to the next visitor.

If you like the idea, I'll help if needed.

IPD_Mrs

Gary,
That would be a great way to deal with it. The whole point is to get people to make complete quantity purchase on each bit in it's requaired amount. I hope this works out for those running this.

Mike

bruce119

I would like to see a set for the common pen sets. There's got to a chart someware to the drills and the tubes. Any body know where it is. What we need to know is what size tubes for the differant kits. I know a lot of kits use the same size tubes. is there a chart some ware that shows tube sizes with out looking up each kit. even then they don't tell you the tube size.[?][?]

airrat

Bruce I am working on that. I went to berea and csusa web sites and look at every kit to get the drill bit size. I will post a list. IF anyone sees a size missing I need to know. btw I am not able to post what kit each drill size is for. Sorry I don't have that much time with orders, a 2 year old son and 50+ hrs a week at work.

airrat

Lou thanks for the offer, Gary I will be getting in touch with you for that. I have no clue how to do it.

Mike I don't mind the work in this. I hate saying ok we hit 10 bits unless we get another 10 no more. I am not sure what to do on this part, that is what has been taking me so long.

oops my plane is on the ground. will post more later.

Texatdurango

Call me crazy but I have an idea that MIGHT work, since everyone is tossing out suggestions trying to make this work.

I am guessing that there are probably less than two dozen bit sizes commonly used in making the variety of pen kits available.

I propose to quickly get a list of those common bits, create a "Pen makers set" then take orders for complete sets ONLY. When you get 12 people onboard, that means one pack of each bit gets ordered, 24 people on board, that's another pack of each bit to be ordered.

Set a date to close the buy, and on that date, whatever quantities work out to even multiples of 12 get ordered, the others don't, first come first served.

The above may sound harsh to some but if you allow individual bit requests, you are going to have 700 forum members ordering 3 of this, two of that and one each of any of two hundred drill sizes and it will quickly become a logistical nightmare! On top of that, the second nightmare starts when the shipment arrives and Tom tries to seperate the order and figure out who had what, then box everything up.

If a person only wants to order only the three or four bits they use, fine, go out and buy them.

If the "Pen Makers set" sounds feasable, here is a shot of what the set might look like, feel free to add to it with the bits you use but I'll bet this would cover 90% of the bits used in pen making.

20071115152929_penmakers%20set%20sizes.jpg

I'm interested in a group buy but before I would bog someone down with tracking thousands of individual bits just so I could save a few bucks, I'd just go out and buy a couple of sets myself.

ericw95

Tex - I like the idea of the pen makers set but the problem airrat will face is the quantity needed to make a set. 6 and 7 mm bits get 35% break at 10, the rest of the metrics are 5 and the other bits get their break at 6. So this would mean your would need 30 sets ordered to get the discount on all bits. With this information, you may want to offer a Metric Pen Makers set (need 10 for discount) and a Standard Pen Makers set (need 6 for discount).

airrat

The real problem for that is not all the quantities are in 12. Here is the list I am working on and what is needed to get it. If anything is missing please let me know. You would not believe the amount of work and previewing your post to get this readable.

Size...Price @ 1 each...Package size
...............................for 35% off........discount price

3/32"....$1.24...............12.................$0.81
7/32"....$2.38...............12.................$1.54
15/64"...$2.57..............12.................$1.67
9/32"....$3.58...............12.................$2.32
5/16"....$4.27................6.................$2.77
21/64"...$4.57...............6.................$2.97
11/32"...$5.39...............6.................$3.50
23/64"...$5.74...............6.................$3.73
3/8"......$6.25...............6.................$4.06
25/64"...$6.83...............6.................$4.44
13/32"...$7.21...............6.................$4.66
27/64"...$7.54...............6.................$4.90
15/32"...$9.95...............6.................$6.47
31/64"...$10.24..............6.................$6.66
NEXT 5 ARE 1/2" SHANK (also I need to email him on the quantities, I believe it is 6)
1/2"......$10.52.............6.................$6.84
33/64"...$16.71
17/32"...$15.91
35/64"...$17.43
37/64"...$19.08

Size......Price @ 1 each...Package size
..................................for 35% off........discount price

Drill
Size "J"......$4.40...................12...............$2.86
Size "O".....$5.22....................6...............$3.39
Size 'P'......$5.85....................6...............$3.81
Size "S".....$6.78....................6...............$4.41
Size "U".....$7.61....................6...............$4.95
Size "V".....$7.78....................6...............$5.06

6mm.........$2.70...................10...............$1.76
7mm.........$3.49...................10...............$2.27
8mm.........$4.64....................5...............$3.02
8.2mm......$5.02....................5...............$3.26
9mm.........$5.99.................5 or 6.............$3.89
10mm.......$7.25....................5...............$4.71
10.5mm.....$8.38...................5...............$5.45
11mm.......$8.88....................5...............$5.77
12mm.......$10.09..................5...............$6.56
12.5mm.....$10.69.................5...............$6.95

airrat

Andy I am just trying to figure out how to work it if we get 11 people for example wanting a 6mm how I figure out the pricing. We get 10 of them at 35% off and ONE at reg price.

saltwein

I think the idea of a cut off date and first come first served would be a good idea on any of the purchase quantities. If you are one over let the person know that not enough people ordered that bit. If you are one short let the list know (or the people on that bit and you will probably get the one needed to fill the quantity.

Just an idea, regards, Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom