Lucite Group Buy *Ok To Archive*

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wayneis

I have two suggestions besides these blanks if you want orange blanks, first Berea has a bright orange acrylic acetate, second BB has some bright orange died stabilized blanks. BB has I believe some BEB Burl, Maple Burl,Curly Maple, curly poplar. The orange acrylic is much richer in person than any of the photos that I've seen.

Wayne

Originally posted by BillATsetelDOTcom
<br />I would like to see some orange. But I have had a few requests for Virginia Tech Pens.

Just my idea.

Ryan

I sent Andrea an email yesterday but have not heard back from her. She may be out of the office for Thanksgiving.

Ryan

Ryan

I just called them and Andrea is out of the office until 11/28. I spoke with a man by the name of Paul and asked him if the items have come in yet and he said they showed up Monday. He said Andrea will ship the items out on Monday. I should have them mid week.

[:)][:D][:)][:D]

Ryan

Ryan

I called Andrea today to see if the stuff shipped today. She claimes that Paul did not know what was happening and that the rods did not come in.[}:)][:(!][:(] She is going to send another email to her supplier and get an ETA.

Sorry to get everyones hopes up.

Ryan

LanceD

I'm not in on this buy but Andrea has emailed me this week on availability and said most all of the colors are still backordered and are expecting stock in about two weeks.

Ryan

Maybe Serge was not far off when he said it will be his Christmas pressy.

Sorry all! I had no idea it was going to end up like this.

Ryan

Darley

Originally posted by Ryan
<br />Maybe Serge was not far off when he said it will be his Christmas pressy.

Sorry all! I had no idea it was going to end up like this.

Ryan

LOL Ryan look he will turn that way but I don't mine to wait, is not Andrea fault too and Im pretty sure that when the good will come she will send right away, Hope Ryan you got all your envelope ready to send[:D]

Ryan

Just to let everyone know the order came in yesterday. I had hoped it would come on Sat but they shipped it UPS. I have it all cut up and packaged. I will ship it out when I go to lunch today.

One thing I noticed about this Lucite is with some of the colors it is not very consistent in the swirl, width, and thickness. So in order to be fair to everyone I just cut it all up and put them in a box and pulled from it at random. Most of them are very good. I think you will all enjoy them and you will get to see if you like the stuff. I you do you can order your favorite directly from Pipemakers.

Enjoy all!

Ryan

wayneis

Beings as this lucite is made by hand it is always different. Sometimes it has more swirls and curls sometimes a little less but it is always nice to turn. Just remember everyone, most of this is fairly tranlucent so you will have much better results if you paint both the tubes and the holes in your blanks. I've been using model car paint that comes in the little bottles, it comes in many colors. Also I've found that if I use the flat or satin based paint then the colors blend in much better, the lucite itself will have plenty of shine so you done't need it from the paint.

Wayne

Ryan

Thanks for the tips Wayne!

All orders shipped yesterday so you should all be seeing them soon.

Serge, My post office said you should see your package in 4-6 days.

Thanks everyone and lets see some fantastic pens!

Ryan

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by Ryan
<br />Just to let everyone know the order came in yesterday. I had hoped it would come on Sat but they shipped it UPS. I have it all cut up and packaged. I will ship it out when I go to lunch today.

One thing I noticed about this Lucite is with some of the colors it is not very consistent in the swirl, width, and thickness. So in order to be fair to everyone I just cut it all up and put them in a box and pulled from it at random. Most of them are very good. I think you will all enjoy them and you will get to see if you like the stuff. I you do you can order your favorite directly from Pipemakers.

Enjoy all!

Ryan
You mean you don't want to do this again??? Oh, WHY??!!!!
Thanks for making the effort this time!

Ryan

Ed,

I must have been brain dead when I wrote that sentence. It has actually not a bad experience. I would do it again considering they have the order in stock. It was the delay that was the killer. I kept worrying about you guys.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom