Lucite Group Buy *Ok To Archive*

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

Andrea from Pipemakers.org has made their fine Lucite Rods available to us, but can not do sampler packs. If we have enough interest I will put this group buy together to make sampler packs. Below are the details.

The sampler pack will include the following 5 rods:

Brown Marble, Tiger, Phantom Grey, Black Rose, and Caramel Ripple or Chocolate Mint.

Each rod would be 7/8"x6"

If we get 15 People that want the sampler packs the cost would be $22.24 including shipping in the US.

If you are ouside the US please contact me for the shipping charges.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9948

Current standing:

*Ryan 1
*dfurlano 1
*DWK5150 1
*BillATsetelDOTcom 1
*its_virgil 2
*mick 1
*Serge 2
*laspringer 1
*jimr 1
*Ed4Copies 4

Total gone 15
Total remaining 0

Thanks,
Ryan

alamocdc

Ryan, after looking at this stuff more closely, I'm not sure a few 6" pieces will satisfy me so I'm placing a regular order. Sorry, but I hope you get enough others! [:)]

Ryan

Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />Ryan, after looking at this stuff more closely, I'm not sure a few 6" pieces will satisfy me so I'm placing a regular order. Sorry, but I hope you get enough others! [:)]

You could order more than one set[:D], but however you wish to do it.

Ryan

Ryan

Originally posted by RPM
<br />When do you plan to close this? I may be interested, but I don't want to miss out (I will be traveling).
Richard

I will close it when we hit 15 orders or Tuesday the 25th. If we think we can hit 30 orders I would wait a bit longer.

Ryan

RPM

I started trying to decide on this and I need some help. I'm red/green color blind and I cannot tell which is which on the other thread (I can tell what I like though). Anybody willing to "help a brotha out" and provide some type of an index (e.g. brown marble x down on the left right in the first/second picture). Any case you get the idea, please!
Richard

Never mind, just saw Andrea's post

alamocdc

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />Count me in. I think the stuff is really nice looking...saw it in person this summer. I'll take 2 sets.

Don, I just ordered 5 full size rods (18") and the total only came to $57... only $13 more than you'd be paying for 12" of each of the five through the samplers.

Ryan, please don't take this the wrong way. What you are doing is a good thing. This sampler pack is reasonably priced and good for someone that wants to "try" this sort of thing before committing to it. I applaud your efforts. [^][:D] My comment to Don should NOT dissuade any of you from partaking in this. I am only trying to point out that for a little more than the price of two, you can have 3 times more than the single.

Ryan

Originally posted by laspringer
<br />If I order 3 sets will I get a break on shipping.

Thanks Alan

I will get what ever I can into a $3.85 flat rate envelope. I do not know how many will fit in it however.

Ryan

Tangboy5000

I know from experience that you can get 11 or 12 1" x 5 1/4" blanks in a flat rate envelope. 10 across the bottom standing vertically and 1 or 2 laying flat on top of those. You'll have to tape the top shut as the little bit of glue they use will not hold it shut for long.

Ryan

Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />
Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />Count me in. I think the stuff is really nice looking...saw it in person this summer. I'll take 2 sets.

Don, I just ordered 5 full size rods (18") and the total only came to $57... only $13 more than you'd be paying for 12" of each of the five through the samplers.

Ryan, please don't take this the wrong way. What you are doing is a good thing. This sampler pack is reasonably priced and good for someone that wants to "try" this sort of thing before committing to it. I applaud your efforts. [^][:D] My comment to Don should NOT dissuade any of you from partaking in this. I am only trying to point out that for a little more than the price of two, you can have 3 times more than the single.

I did not take this the wrong way[:)] I am just taking the cost of 18" rods shipping and I think it was a .50 cent C.M.A. I also would like to see the stuff and turn it to see if it is what I want without spending $60 for it.

Ryan

Originally posted by Darley
<br />Could you tell me what would be the shipping to me for 1 or 2 packs?

I am guessing 1 pound for weight and it would be $9.00US. Does that sound right for the other shipments you have received?

Ryan

its_virgil

Billy,
thanks for the heads up. I should have done the math but I've committed so I'll stick with it. I did think about putting the pencil to it but never did.

Ryan,
I'll stay with my order of 2 sets, but couldn't they both be mailed in a priority envelop for the same price as one set? That would save a little for the ones who ordered multiple sets. I know you figured that we would only order 1 set each and your price per set included the shipping for that one set. Not a big deal but thought I would ask. And thanks for doing this group buy, especially since I procrastinate and would not order any for myself any time soon. I know how much work the group buy is for the organizer.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

rtjw

I got my package that I ordered from them today. Sorry ryan but I place my order before you started the bulk buy. Maybe will get in on the next one.

Ryan

Don,

Yes I am planing on getting what ever I can into the flat rate envelopes if you order more than 1 set. So if you order 2 sets you would deduct $3.85. I however do not know how meany sets will fit into 1 envelope.

Ryan

Darley

Originally posted by Ryan
<br />
Originally posted by Darley
<br />Could you tell me what would be the shipping to me for 1 or 2 packs?

I am guessing 1 pound for weight and it would be $9.00US. Does that sound right for the other shipments you have received?

Ryan

Correct for the price, received lot of blanks from a lots of turner here, an envellope ( Global Priority Mail ) size 12 1/2" x 9" maximum weight 4 pound is US$ 9.00. So I will take 2 packs but you will have to recalculate your price, I suppose that would be US$ 3.85 less per pack and add the US$ 9.00

Ryan

Today is our "Last Call" for this group buy.

For those of you who are already on the list for the group buy please start sending your money to me. I would prefer you send me a check. Please email me for the address.

Let's get these last few sets sold, so we can get the order placed.

Thanks,
Ryan

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Ryan,

As I read this it appears you need 4 more sets. If that is correct, I will take 4. If the number has declined, 3 will suffice, please e-mail me to advise.

Hope this helps you finalize,
Ed Brown

Ryan

Ed,

Thanks for closing this out for us.

Everyone who ordered should have had an email from me with the address to send your checks to. If you did not get an email from me and you ordered please let me know so I do not miss anyone.

Thanks to all who have participated. I will start puting the order together tonight and will place it first thing in the morning.

Ryan

Ryan

All,

I received a call from Andrea. They only have 2 of the 5 colors in stock. They placed an order last week that has not been recieved yet. She said she would get in touch with their supplier to find out when they can expect their shipment. Right now we are on back order. I will keep you posted when I get more information.

Thanks,
Ryan

Ryan

If your name has a star by it I have recieved your payment. Thank you for getting them to me so quickly.

Ryan

jimr

I don't understand the "star" comment, Ryan. Everyone has stars by their name. I did send you a check and it should be there shortly if not already delivered. Anything new on when the correct color rods are to be received?

Ryan

Originally posted by jimr
<br />I don't understand the "star" comment, Ryan. Everyone has stars by their name. I did send you a check and it should be there shortly if not already delivered. Anything new on when the correct color rods are to be received?

Jim,

The star means I have received your payment. I am still waiting for two payments. They both have said that they are on the way.

Here is the update I got from Andrea yesterday.

Hi Ryan,

Hopefully the next week. They are out of some of the material I asked for, they will be sending me 2 shipments and I won't know what is on them until I get them! I will let you know when they come in.

Thank You,

Andrea

Pipe Makers Emporium

Ryan

Andrea said she thought they would be in this week. She said she would call but I have not heard from her. I will give her a call this morning to see what the status is.

Ryan

Ryan

This is the update I got from Andrea.

They now have our Black Rose, Tiger, and Brown Marble in stock. Their supplier is out of stock on the others. She did not know when the others are due to arrive.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to some alt. choices? or would you like to continue waiting?

Ryan

Ryan

I have had multiple requests to wait, so this is what we will do.

I just hope it is not much longer. I can't wait to turn this stuff.[:D]

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom