Leather Pen Case Group Buy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

Nothing better than posting that you won't get the price soon to get it immediately.
SO here it is. the price for a the large single pen case is $2.50 ea.
I will back track on this list and send totals for anyone that mentioned they wanted them.

OKLAHOMAN

Daniel, I see you've now a price on the large single. Great, now are they going to be able to ship them along with the sm single an 24 cases?

ken69912001

Daniel,
I just saw this thread and would like to confirm that I want 10 of the large singles and 1 of the 24 pen cases. Thanks for doing this and I am waiting on your PayPal address and total.

rstought

Passed Away Nov 11, 2016
In Memoriam
Daniel...

Now that you have a price on the large singles, I would like to add 20 of these to my order as well. Since I have already paid for the other items I ordered, let me know how much more I owe you for these and I'll get a PayPal payment right out to you...

DonHo

My name on the first page has not been updated to paid, I sent the paypal payment a couple of days ago. If you have not received it please let me know so I can check on the problem.

Thanks,
DonHo

Daniel

Whew, slew of questions. I will do my best to answer them all. If I miss yours please just repeat it.
I was told to expect 30 days manufacturing time for an order of 500 cases. we are at the 500 mark right now and I expect it to go higher.
I will keep the buy open until a week from Friday. I am figuring in my head but I think that is the 22nd.
all cases will be ordered together and should ship together.
Even the supplier in India is starting to mention that we might want to keep this first order on the small side just to make sure everyone is going to be happy.

Don I have your payment no problem just not keeping up with that list very well. every time something changes I have three or four places to track it in. the most important being my master list. if it is not on that list it didn't happen. or that is the way it is supposed to work. I will send more notices to anyone that has not payed but so far everyone is paid except two or three orders.

I know I am dragging this one slowly, but it started out that way and I simply do not want a slow moving buy to suddenly turn into a sprint and leave a lot of people off guard. I have some reason to believe that as many as 40 people still do not realize the buy is actually happening. please help spread the word around. Although I do think many people are interested in these cases, after two months of dinking around it is not likely to be in the forefront of their minds. I am not sure about anyone else but I do not think I would be logging in every day looking to see if the leather cases where going anywhere yet.

ok I will have to do a little more work but will start sending out second payment notices for all those that want large cases added.

sbell111

I'm sure that you have addresssed this, but I can't find the post that makes it clear to me.

The smaller single pen case is large enough for cigars and Jr Gents, correct?

Daniel

OK anyone that listed a number or large pen ceases in there post should have gotten a new bill. the amount of the bill is just the difference in your total and is the amount you need to pay. If you posted that you are interested in them only you will need to let me know how many.
As far as I know everyone is either payed or has gotten notice what to pay and how. if this is not the case for you make some noise.

Daniel

Steve, The regular single or double case will hold a pen up to the Jr. sizes.
The large pocket single case is one I have asked be made (it does not actually exist at this moment) to hold a pen as large as 20mm in diameter. this should hold any of the larger pens we make except maybe the Panache.
saying that, remember this is a bit like buying gloves. exactly how well any pen fits is going to have a lot to do with how you shaped it. I make a jr. style pen with a bit of a bulge in the cap. this causes it to be a fairly snug fit in the reg size pen case. a bushing to bushing shape is going to fit very nicely.

so
reg single or double case for anything up to jr size pens.
Large single for anything larger than jr. size pens.
the 24 pen case holds the pen with elastic straps so it holds all of them the way it is now.

Do not order a 24 pen case thinking you can pack 24 Emperor pens in it. it ain't gonna work.

Jim15

Daniel, I would like 5 of the larghe and 5 of the smaller cases, please. Thanke for going to all this trouble for us, here's to you.:beer:

Rchan63

Hi Daniel

Please put me down for 1 x 24 pen case and 20 x single pen cases. I'll PP you sa soon as I have the total

Thanks you for going to all this trouble.

Richard

Daniel

I got an e-mail this morning that mentioned there is a 100 pc min order for any of the cases. This is the first mention I have gotten about any sort of min order. I did send a reply to that effect.

so far a 100 min is not a problem with any of the cases except the 24 pen cases.
at this time I have orders for 32 and most of those orders are paid. I planned on order some myself but at best that would add anouther 25 to the tally. So at this time we are only at 57 24 pen cases. I am waiting on as many as 30 more orders to come in. if they all actually place orders there is a good chance we will meet that 100 pc min order. if not we may have a serious problem.

Daniel

Everyone to this point should have received a total for there order and where to pay.

The good news of the day is that the supplier dropped the 100 case min order requirement as they now agree that I was not told of this up front. This actually makes me happy for a couple of reasons. One I really do not think the buy is going to reach 100 cases on the 24 pen cases, and two it is an action on their part that shows they will do the right thing.

Daniel

I still have 31 people on my list from the feeler thread that I have not heard from as far as a final confirmed order. I did not send out notices for payment on the feeler thread posts for a couple of reasons. one the final price was not listed in that thread. and two the large pocket cases where not available when those posts where made.
please let me know one way or the other so I can start clearing that list. Even if you have decided to not get in on the buy. let me know so I can remove your name from that list.

BruceK

Daniel,
I've been dragging my feet waiting for confirmation on the large cases. Since that is done, I'll take 20 regular singles and 20 large singles.

Thanks!

aggromere

you mentioned something about postage being more than you thought. Are you going to let us know how much more we owe now or wait till you start mailing them?

Daniel

It is not an issue of not having charged enough for postage. As it is now postage on just one 24 pen case would be about $9.00. pretty high in my opinion. I am looking for ways to get that down.
Postage on 4- 24 pen cases is about $16.00 much more acceptable. It is all a balance between weight of an order and all the little extra costs that get added on. the one case order is paying $2.00 for a box the 4 case order is paying that same $2.00 because the box will hold up to 6 or 8 of the cases.
The issue is that in my opinion postage is really high on the smaller orders. But it is what it is. So far I have been billing for the correct amount though. But I am still looking for a lower cost way to get the smaller orders shipped. not having much luck though.

you mentioned something about postage being more than you thought. Are you going to let us know how much more we owe now or wait till you start mailing them?

Last edited:

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
..... But I am still looking for a lower cost way to get the smaller orders shipped. not having much luck though.
Have you thought about taking a vacation and visiting everyone that has placed an order?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Bigdaddy

I must have been on the feeler thread and didn't get a PM, can I have 2 24 cases please.

Steve in Ottawa

Daniel

Mannie, they way it looks right now I could do that with a couple of weeks running around Texas. somebody must be out there convincing all the penturners to move there.

Daniel

Still a couple of days before the buy officially closes. I already have one person working on a small group buy of their own. Since I have a soft spot for what someone goes through when dealing with a group of orders i will be holding the order for them.
I have also decided to sneak an order for 100 single cases in before I actually place this order. I just want to make sure there are not nasty surprises before I spend all of your money. this 100 case order is only risking a portion of the group buy nest egg. if it goes bad nothing serious is lost. this will delay the larger group buy order a little but I think it is well worth it to have some assurances. Basically I am doing this int eh best interest of everyone involved. I know it is a pain to think about waiting even longer but when I think of how everyone woudl feel in a worst case situation. I think I prefer to be the bad guy and delay yet a little more.
stand buy for further updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom