Jr Gent 1 Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
How much interest in Jr Gent 1 in a fountain pen. Looks like the price would be close to the Chrome Jr Gent 1 rollerballs I got for you awhile back. Available in 24kt gold or Chrome and I'm guessing I can get them in TN Gold rather than 24kt if that looks good. Let me know your thoughts.

THIS IS FOR SEEING IF IT WILL BE WORTH WHILE TO DO THIS.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bking0217

I hope this gets enough interest. I'm excited about the chrome ones I ordered, but would love to be able to get them in goldTN.

PTownSubbie

How much interest in Jr Gent 1 in a fountain pen. Looks like the price would be close to the Chrome Jr Gent 1 rollerballs I got for you awhile back. Available in 24kt gold or Chrome and I'm guessing I can get them in TN Gold rather than 24kt if that looks good. Let me know your thoughts.

THIS IS FOR SEEING IF IT WILL BE WORTH WHILE TO DO THIS.

Leroy,

Can you get just the front ends so that we can change some of the RB's to Fountains? If so, I would be interested. I purchased enough of the RB's to convert some to Fountain rather than purchasing more.....

Lenny

Smitty, just to clarify, I'm thinking you mean the order would be for Chrome OR Gold not a choice of each?
I would probably be in for 10 or 20 either way.

Schtick

Thanks for not forgetting us Smitty! I was disappointed when the last Group buy was only for RBs. I also would be interested, depending on price on 20-30. I am not sure the difference between Jr Gent and Jr Gent 1.

Thanks again for remembering you FP turners.

Schtick :cool:

jskeen

I'm in for some chrome and TI gold, not so much for the 24k. How many depends on price. I'm assuming that these are the ones with the nylon female threads in the cap? I know your last ones were, but I got burned on the jg1's with metal to metal threads once (not from you though) so now I ask every time.

Also curious if the FP sections will interchange with the RB's, and if spares will be available.

Thanks

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Finish etc.

A couple of things.

1. The finishes they offer are 24kt gold and Chrome. -- I might be able to get TN Gold if I ordered more than 1000 kits.

2. I don't know whether it is a cartridge or reservoir -- the instructions show reservoir but the picture of the kit looks like a cartridge to me. I'll have to ask.

3. I am thinking of just one finish. I did two with cigars and it's a PITA.

4. The price depends on how many kits I order...the cut offs are 500/1000/1500/2000. It would be cheaper than I've seen any offered for sale right now.

5. If I do this it will probably be at least March before I can get started.

6. I can probably get parts for conversions in chrome but they might not have them in TN Gold because that finish is special order. I'll see and check the price.

mewell

Smitty - What's the difference between the I and II? Is it the black poly threads? If so, I'm assuming (!) that the II bushings are appropriate...

Thanks,
Mark

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Bushings not the same

Smitty - What's the difference between the I and II? Is it the black poly threads? If so, I'm assuming (!) that the II bushings are appropriate...

Thanks,
Mark

The top bushings at least are larger on the Jr Gent II being .567 vs .538 so my take is the II bushings are not appropriate.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
OK

I am going to ask this thread be closed. It looks like there is enough interest to explore Gold TN and Chrome and not enough to bother with 24kt Gold. Watch the Business Classified for this in the future.

More than likely it will be six to eight weeks before I can start this because my investment will probably be $3000 to $4000 and I am not a wealthy man so I need to recover from the Cigars and Le Rois before I do this. If some one else wants to run with it...feel free, my feelings won't be hurt.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Size

Thanks for not forgetting us Smitty! I was disappointed when the last Group buy was only for RBs. I also would be interested, depending on price on 20-30. I am not sure the difference between Jr Gent and Jr Gent 1.

Thanks again for remembering you FP turners.

Schtick :cool:
The Jr Gent II which is the Version most people sell is bigger. That is the major difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom