Interest Check- SS bottle stopper buyI'm considering p

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jason_r

I'm considering putting together (or if someone else wants to run it I'd join in) a SS bottle stopper buy. Either from:

Gregg at:http://www.stainlessbottlestoppers.com

or Ruth Niles:http://www.torne-lignum.com/stoppers.html
This would be the 301 style.

Before I started this I wanted to guage interest since I know there was a recent stopper group order.

If you're interested please reply to this thread with:
How many you'd want
Preference (if any) on which supplier you'd prefer

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

worknhard

Any reason no one wants the other stoppers???I would rather buy from Gregg as he is Michigan based,but must be a reason everyone wants Ruts stoppers???Thanks,Victor

I would try 10 from Gregg...

The Niles kit is attractive but from my experience they don't always produce a tight seal.

Thanks -- Ron

Rchan63

I would try 10 from Gregg...

The Niles kit is attractive but from my experience they don't always produce a tight seal.

Thanks -- Ron[/quote]

If you want a tight seal Gregg's the one you want. I'm very happy with the stoppers from him.

jason_r

Personally, I've only used Ruth's and never had a problem with their seal.

Gregg's are slightly less expensive. And they have the "OOOHH... Shiny" factor.

So I'm not tied to either one. But right now there's not critical mass for either.
By the time you cover PayPal expenses and shipping you'll pretty much wipe out any savings on an order under 100 units.

I'm going to give this a couple more days to see if either one gets critical mass.
If anyone wants to do a buy for whichever one I don't PM me. Heck, if you want to drive this one, PM me.

kevrob

I would be in for 10 of Greg's. I have several left from the group buy of Ruth's a while back, so I would like to try a new design to see which might sell best in my area.

Please PM me if you move forward, I don't always remember to look back at this thread.

Thanks.
Kevin

PennedDown

I have been depleting my stock of Chrome stoppers and will be ordering SS soon. I'd be open for either vendor or style right now, and in the neighborhood of 30-40 in quanity.
Thanks!

jason_r

Right now we're around $4.75 for the ones from Ruth or $4.60 for Greg's.
(orders total about 80 Ruth, 60 Greg, and 85 either). Shipping, Paypal, etc would be additional.

I was about to close this as not reaching critical mass, but I'm going to be out next week anyway so leaving it open won't hurt.

Steve Busey

I'd be interested in 20 of Ruth's or 10 of Gregg's.

I've used Ruth's exclusively for a long time, but agree there are some bottles where they just don't fit right, and would give Gregg a sample run if that's the way the crowd goes.

LeeR

I like the looks of Gregg's better -- more stylish. Put me down for 10. Might still be interested in the other style if it wins out.

Last edited:

Chris Bar

Would like at least 5 of the Gregg stoppers, and more if I can figure out who to give them to for B'days or Christmas :) (don't sell stuff).

jason_r

All right-

It was running neck and neck for a while, but Greg's pulled ahead at the end to where I think we have 200 (if nobody drops). Therefore I've contacted Greg for pricing and hope to have an official thread started soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom