Group Purchase - IAP Smocks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobleibo

Great timing. People will be able to wear their brand new smocks as they turn their pens for the Slimline-Unlimited Contest or the Contest for the Turning Challenged. Dress for Success! That's my motto. Well that and "Never be afaid to link to your own contest"!

Derek, if there is ever an award for promoting your contest, you would win hands down. Since I owe you for the marketing lessons, I'm passing this along....imagine how much better you would do if you were able to promote the http://www.penturners.org/forum/f299/ball-point-pen-contest-133488/ !!!!!! Reach for the stars ~

Last edited:

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Just an update -

It will be 3 weeks tomorrow since I submitted the order. I just emailed the company for an updated estimated shipping date. I'll keep you all informed as information becomes available.

Mike

mbroberg

I received all of the smocks today. I'm in the process of packaging them up for shipping to you. I will probably have all of the domestic orders out by tomorrow. I haven't received an invoice yet but when I do I will calculate refunds for over payments.

mbroberg

Ken, Ernie, Sue and Roger,

Thank you. I will gladly funnel the money to Jeff but perhaps you want to know exactly what the smocks cost first. :)

The Invoice arrived in the afternoon mail. Expenses were actually less than I expected. They did not charge for shipping to me. They only charged the plus size fee for the largest smock so most of you who paid it will be getting it back.

Here is a breakdown of the actual costs:

Smock with IAP logo embroidered (Sizes S - 5XL) - $33.90
Smock with IAP logo embroidered (Size 6XL) - $38.90 (Original quote specified an extra charge for 4XL and above.)
Name embroidered - $5.00
Additional shipping insurance - $2.75 (offered as an option)
Domestic shipping of one smock in a padded flat rate envelope - $5.70
Domestic shipping of more than one smock - TBD (I will ship the most economical way possible. I can't get more than one smock in a padded flat rate envelope.)
International shipping - TBD (I will ship the most economical way possible.)

When compared to other sources, whose prices do not include shipping or extra embroidery I think we got a pretty good deal. :biggrin:

So,.............. If anyone else wants to donate their refund to the IAP let me know ASAP. I want to get this little project wrapped up so I will be issuing refunds as soon as I get the individual smocks packaged.

Last edited:

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
Ken, Ernie, Sue and Roger,

Thank you. I will gladly funnel the money to Jeff but perhaps you want to know exactly what the smocks cost first. :)

The Invoice arrived in the afternoon mail. Expenses were actually less than I expected. They did not charge for shipping to me. They only charged the plus size fee for the largest smock so most of you who paid it will be getting it back.

Here is a breakdown of the actual costs:

Smock with IAP logo embroidered (Sizes S - 5XL) - $33.90
Smock with IAP logo embroidered (Size 6XL) - $38.90 (Original quote specified an extra charge for 4XL and above.)
Name embroidered - $5.00
Additional shipping insurance - $2.75 (offered as an option)
Domestic shipping of one smock in a padded flat rate envelope - $5.70
Domestic shipping of more than one smock - TBD (I will ship the most economical way possible. I can't get more than one smock in a padded flat rate envelope.)
International shipping - TBD (I will ship the most economical way possible.)

When compared to other sources, whose prices do not include shipping or extra embroidery I think we got a pretty good deal. :biggrin:

So,.............. If anyone else wants to donate their refund to the IAP let me know ASAP. I want to get this little project wrapped up so I will be issuing refunds as soon as I get the individual smocks packaged.
Let IAP put this to good use You did us a great favor and got a great bargain as well. Thanks for your very hard work.

mbroberg

A word about the insurance...................

If you live in the United States, ordered just one smock and paid the optional $2.75 for additional insurance I am going to refund that as well. Priority mail packages include $50.00 insurance in their price. No order of a single smock totals up to $50.00.

hcpens

Got mine, looking good, now I am going to have to sweep up all those shavings that normally went down my front.:cool:

Thanks for your time and hard work.

RAR

Katya

I suspect that international postage charges mean that you won't get much of a refund from me. But what's there is gladly and gratefully given back to the IAP.

Last edited:

mbroberg

I suspect that international postage charges mean that you won't get much of a refund from me. But what's there is gladly and gratefully given back to the IAP.

I'm not sure yet. Planning on getting the Internationals out by tomorrow but MIL got taken to hospital today so schedule may be altered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom