Group Purchase - IAP Smocks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Well folks, we've talked about it for years; we even came close once or twice; but now it is going to happen. This post is to announce a group purchase of custom IAP Branded, Personalized Wood Turner's Smocks!

These are the same style smocks offered by the AAW. They feature a pocket with flap on the front and two large pockets on the rear. The smocks are available in 6 colors: Gray, Tan, Royal, Navy, Maroon and Silver (Silver looks more of an off white to me, but they call it silver). They come in sizes: S – 3X. Larger sizes are also available but cost a little more. These smocks are designed to be worn over clothing so they do run larger than normal.

They will have the IAP Logo embroidered on the upper left front. For an additional $5.00 names can be embroidered above the logo, on the pocket flap or on the right front.

To purchase one or more of these smocks members must submit a completed IAP Smock Order Form (Attached) to me via email AND submit payment to me via PayPal once you receive an email from me with your verified total and payment instructions. All payments are to be submitted by using the PayPal "Friends and Family" option. Funds submitted by use of the "Pay for Goods or Services" option will be immediately refunded.

A breakdown of the purchase price is as follows.

Smocks (Sizes S – XXXL) with logo embroidered: $55.00
Smocks (Sizes XXXXL+) with logo embroidered and shipped domestically, Add: $5.00
International Shipping: Add $10.00
Embroidered name (optional): Add $5.00
Additional Insurance (optional): $2.75

Any money collected that totals over $1.00 above the actual, final costs incurred per order will be refunded to the buyers. Overages less than $1.00 will go to the IAP.

To order please download the attached Order Form (Word Document), complete it and email it back to me at IAPSmocks@gmail.com. After I review your order form I will send you an email verifying your total and payment instructions. DO NOT SEND PAYMENT UNTIL YOU RECEIVE THE EMAIL. I will attempt the email within 24 hours of receiving an order form.

The attached photos show a smock, the logo embroidery and the colors available. Be advised that the coloring of the logo may vary depending on the color smock you order.

Orders may be submitted between now and July 14th.

Please contact me right away with any questions or if you see any mistakes being made. Let's take care of them sooner rather than later.

Feel free to brag about your order in this thread but do not attempt to order a smock in the thread. Follow the steps above to do that.

Attachments

• Silver Smock.jpg
    Silver Smock.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 1,073
  • Color  Grey.jpg
    Color Grey.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 585
  • Color Royal.jpg
    Color Royal.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 579
  • Color Tan.jpg
    Color Tan.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 513
  • Navy Smock & Maroon.jpg
    Navy Smock & Maroon.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 871
  • Embroidered logo.jpg
    Embroidered logo.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 595
  • Color Silver.jpg
    Color Silver.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 543
  • Smock Order Form.doc
    25 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:

magpens

Coupla questions, please :

(1) What approx length are the smocks ? .... knee length ? ... longer ? ... shorter ?

(2) Is there a Velcro fastener at the neck ? . (to keep chips out)

(3) Short sleeves or long sleeves ? . (Yeah, I know long sleeves are a lathe hazard)

(4) What material are they ? ... cotton ? ... poly ? ... blend ? ... washable ?

Thanks

mbroberg

Coupla questions, please :

(1) What approx length are the smocks ? .... knee length ? ... longer ? ... shorter ?

(2) Is there a Velcro fastener at the neck ? . (to keep chips out)

(3) Short sleeves or long sleeves ? . (Yeah, I know long sleeves are a lathe hazard)

(4) What material are they ? ... cotton ? ... poly ? ... blend ? ... washable ?

Thanks

On me the length falls about midway between my waist and my knee.

There is not a Velcro fastener at the neck. The zipper zips all the way up to keep chips out. The back of the collar is elastic so you don't choke. I can tell you that they are comfortable at the neck and do keep the junk out.

They are short sleeve.

The tag does not identify the material. I believe it is a nylon or a nylon blend, could be polyester.

mbroberg

Any way you can show the whole thing? so we know what the sleeves and the bottom looks like?

Will this work Ed? Along with the previous photo you can see the hem and the sleeve. If not, I'll take some more pics.

Attachments

• Royal Smock.jpg
    Royal Smock.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 797

mbroberg

I'm dunno about those links Mike.......

The IAP model pics soo much better!!! :tongue::tongue::tongue:

(P.S. - Not even mentioning the better smock prices!)

And they don't include shipping in their price!

When this buy is over and exact costs are known I expect to be refunding money to just about everyone. I did build a cushion into the price to handle any unexpected expenses. And, other than possibly a few cents from over payments less than $1.00 (and I don't anticipate there being any) the IAP is making NO money from this. Zero, Zilch, Nada, NOTHING! (And, for the record neither am I and I am paying for my smock just like everyone else is.) The purpose of this buy is to get our members a good smock at a good price.

mbroberg

The purpose of this buy is to get our members a good smock at a good price.

Notice he didn't say "....good members a good smock at a good price."
That means us not so good members can get a good smock at good price too!

Maybe we should have special "Schmuck Smocks".

mbroberg

Everyone who has ordered a smock up to this point should have received an email from me. If you didn't, let me know.

mbroberg

READ THIS

The first payment came in and in order to claim the money I had to set up a new PayPal Account. The money would not go to the account I originally wanted it to go to.

The new PayPal account is IAPSmocks@gmail.com.

I will revise the forms and original post as soon as I am able.

Thanks!

mbroberg

Everyone who has submitted an order up to now should have received an email from me. If you didn't let me know.

pianomanpj

The sizes range from S to XXXL - how do I determine what size I am? Is that based on the same size as a t-shirt, for example? Is there something else I could compare it to?

mbroberg

They are made to be worn over clothing. They do run big. I am 5'11 and weigh around 250. I wear a 2x smock.

mbroberg

We are off to a good start! I know a lot of people have asked about these over the last several years so don't miss out!

Tom T

Is there an option to also get a long apron. It's kind of hot here. Are the smock's light weight or heavy. If I am about as tall as Jeff but weigh a bit more than him do I get a 3x.
I weigh 250, another failed diet plan. I also was taller once but they beat me down to 6'3"

mbroberg

Is there an option to also get a long apron. It's kind of hot here. Are the smock's light weight or heavy. If I am about as tall as Jeff but weigh a bit more than him do I get a 3x.
I weigh 250, another failed diet plan. I also was taller once but they beat me down to 6'3"

There are no aprons. The smocks are light weight. I'm not going to recommend any specific size for anyone. All I can tell you is that they are designed to be worn over clothing so they are intentionally over sized. I wear a 2X shirt (sometimes a 3X depending on how it is cut). A 2X smock over a knit polo shirt works for me.

Sorry I can not be any more help but I do not want to be responsible for telling someone that they should buy a particular size and then have it not fit the way they want it to.

Last edited:

magpens

Would I be correct in assuming that the $55.00 price includes domestic shipping for sizes up to and including XXXL ?

I have a US mailing address in WA state.

SteveG

If I buy two Smocks, can I get Derek thrown in? :biggrin: Doing this would avoid putting a price on him, and he would be happy because I would give him a yellow trash can so he could run around trying to catch shavings as they fly off the lathe.:tongue::eek:

mbroberg

If I buy two Smocks, can I get Derek thrown in? :biggrin: Doing this would avoid putting a price on him, and he would be happy because I would give him a yellow trash can so he could run around trying to catch shavings as they fly off the lathe.:tongue::eek:

I don't know if we should let Derrek go for the mere price of a smock. Besides, shipping could be a problem unless, maybe, we shipped him IN a yellow trash can.

mbroberg

A word about smock size

In response to several inquiries about what size smock to order I emailed the supplier for their advice, which is:

Order you normal shirt size. If you wear a size large shirt, order a size large smock, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom