Group buy: taps to match the Sharpie Fine Point Refill #1751000

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

duncsuss

Do ya have'em? Do ya have'em? Do ya have'em? Do ya? Do ya? Huh? :biggrin:

Well, unless the UPS tracking system is lying to me (or one of my neighbors has absconded with the goodies) ... they should be waiting at home by my front door.

Screen Shot 2014-12-01 at 2.24.08 PM.png

duncsuss

I'll get to work processing shipping labels, I ordered a bunch of SFRB from the post office which might be delivered today -- if not, I have a few on hand that I can start with till they arrive.

Curly

Actually I'm fine with whatever time it takes for them to arrive without putting undue stress on Duncan. The tickle to bring him out of the turkey induced slumber couldn't be a bad thing could it? :sleepy: :wink:

BSea

WOW, that was fast. But don't feel like you have to get mine out the second you get home. . . . . . . . . . . After dinner is fine. :biggrin:

JK of course.

duncsuss

Okay, so I'll open a poll: how many days should I sit on my tuches looking at all these taps before packing them up and sending them along ...
[ ] 5
[ ] 4
[ ] 3
[ ] quit messing around and get on with it already

:devil:

:biggrin:

BSea

I think a better poll would be: How long after we receive the taps will we actually use them?

[ ] 1 Week
[ ] 1 month
[ ] 6 months
[ ] 1 year
[ ] Never! I'm going to wait till someone cries about missing this group buy, and double my money. $$$ :rolleyes:

Last edited:

duncsuss

USPS Priority Mail boxes are packed and address labels attached for the 19 people living in the US ... I'll be dropping them at the post office tomorrow.

I'll PM tracking #s after they are on their way.

I have to find suitable boxes/envelopes for the 2 shipments that are heading to Canada, I'm hoping I'll be able to do that tomorrow and get them in the mail within the next couple of days.

toddlajoie

Damn, this was one of the fastest group buys i've been involved in!!!

Big thanks to Duncan for being so on top of things (and so patient with yours truly, who was the last to get the payment in...:frown:)

duncsuss

Big thanks to Duncan for being so on top of things (and so patient with yours truly, who was the last to get the payment in...:frown:)

Todd -- no worries, the charge isn't going to hit my credit card statement for a week or two, and I knew you were good for it. :biggrin:

duncsuss

I've got my taps. Not even 3 weeks from start to finish, for made to order items. That's great.

I'll accept some of the blame for this, but I had accomplices :wink:

Not least among them, Jackie and Terry at Tapco. They responded to questions within hours (minutes in a couple of cases), and turned this order around in double-quick time.

And it would be wrong of me not to point out that you folks were all eager to get these, signed up quickly, and paid quickly (even Todd :biggrin:) It wasn't like I had to go from corner to corner trying to persuade people to join in the buy.

But thanks -- I'm glad I was able to give a little back to a community that have helped me out of lots of difficult situations (even if y'all had no idea that I was having a problem, your responses to others' questions helped.)

duncsuss

Now that we all have taps, is it safe to say we all need 11.2 mm drill bits?

What Jackie wrote me:

we would be running minor to .4148 +.000 -.001

11mm = 0.433
11.2mm = 0.441
11.25mm = 0.443
7/16 = 0.4375

Looks to me like any one of those bits would work reasonably. Since I make my fountain pen caps with M12x.75 threads, I already have the 11.25mm bit, and multiples of the 7/16.

duncsuss

After a short detour to Baton Rouge, my taps arrived. No shrimp or gumbo though. :rolleyes:

Thanks Duncan! :good:

Glad it got there despite the odd routing :biggrin:

At this time, USPS reports ALL US DELIVERIES ARE COMPLETE.

If you have not received your tap/taps at this time, please let me know and I'll question it with the USPS.

Pete & Lin -- hope yours arrive soon :)

lorbay

I will be surprised if I get mine before Christmas.:frown::frown: Mind you if Curly gets his I am only 50 miles away, by the way the crow flies.:biggrin:

Lin.

Last edited:

Curly

I will be surprised if I get mine before Christmas.:frown::frown: Mind you if Curly gets his I am only 50 miles away, by the way the crow flies.:biggrin:

Lin.

I don't have mine yet and don't expect it for another week or two. Even though Lin is further away and the mail has to go on a ferry ride to get to Vancouver Island. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to get mine after Lin does. I'm in no great panic though.

duncsuss

Boy that was a fast week or two! Marla got it out of the mailbox this afternoon. You get yours Lin? Thanks Duncan!!!! :biggrin:

I'd like to claim it was my great charm and personality that sped things along, but nobody would fall for that ... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom