February CSUSA Group Buy - Page 8 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > Group Purchases
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Group Purchases Announcements and discussions relating to group purchases.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2015, 06:39 PM   #71 (permalink)

Photos: 1

One hour, 17 minutes on the phone with USPS support, and I was able to get one label entered, paid for, and printed. Closed out the call, entered the addresses for the rest of the flat rate and regional packages, verified everything, went to pay the same as the first address, and USPS is throwing it out again! On hold again for "technical support" (quotes, because it clearly wasn't technical when I called in earlier...). May guess is that they will not be able to do anything with my current entries, as the first person was just going to have to "create a ticket" for their support team to review and email back to me. You really appreciate the support we get from our vendors here when you have to deal with places like the USPS.

While I am on hold, I will be sending out an email to the group about these issues. Please check your inbox.

Ed
eajacobson is offline   Top
Old 03-04-2015, 09:02 PM   #72 (permalink)

Email has been sent to all GB participants with packages waiting to be mailed. If you didn't get one from my email account, please let me know.

Thanks,
Ed
Old 03-04-2015, 09:08 PM   #73 (permalink)

Photos: 29

Thanks for the updates, both on the forum and via email. Your efforts in this GB are much appreciated!
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2015, 09:42 PM   #74 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Yes thanks ED for your efforts with the Group buy, and Usps can be just like ATT
wob50 is offline   Top
Old 03-06-2015, 02:16 AM   #75 (permalink)

Another hour on the phone to USPS today, just to get my earlier incident sent back out with a higher level of criticality on it. Still no resolution.

For those that had an address on their PayPal payment and are going out in a FRB, you have been sent your tracking numbers, courtesy of PayPal labeling. PayPal does not list regional rates in their USPS options (or at least I couldn't find them), so you had to be in a FRB. Also, PayPal does not seem to allow any address editing, so if there wasn't an address on your payment, I couldn't add it in and get it to go. Sorry.

I really hope that USPS gets things sorted in short order.

More shipments and updates as things change.

Ed
Old 03-06-2015, 06:49 AM   #76 (permalink)
Group Buy Coordinator

Photos: 13

Ed,
You can add addresses in PP under the multiorder shipping option. Click on file in the upper left and select "create new order".
I have never been able to find regional rates in PP.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:20 AM   #77 (permalink)

Mannie,

Thanks. I heard that in a PM, too. That will get two more packages out the door. Unfortunately, most of the orders are bigger than a SFRB, but nowhere near a MFRB, so the regional A seems to be the way to go for most everyone, at least in terms of cost. I'm still pulling for the USPS to get my account straightened out today, otherwise I'll be checking with the folks to see if they want to go to MFRB pricing (thru PP).

Ah. You get the "big stuff" worked out ahead of time and then you get blind-sided by the stuff you thought you should be able to count on.

Ed
Old 03-06-2015, 11:42 AM   #78 (permalink)

Photos: 0

I'm not in any great hurry but I paid for a medium box and have no problem with you using one if you'd like.
Dan Masshardt is offline   Top
Old 03-06-2015, 12:39 PM   #79 (permalink)

Photos: 6

Hi Ed:

I didn't see anything from your email. When you get to it, you get to it. I appreciate all that you are doing. You are a better man than me. :-)

Peace,

Tony

Member of Local IAP Georgia Chapter meets quarterly in Roswell, GA
TonyL is offline   Top
Old 03-06-2015, 02:45 PM   #80 (permalink)

Photos: 29

+1 to what Dan said. Whatever is easiest for you. I already paid for MFRB; I am content with keeping it that way.
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads
Closed Thread