February CSUSA Group Buy - Page 3 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > Group Purchases
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Group Purchases Announcements and discussions relating to group purchases.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2015, 09:16 AM   #21 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Count me in!
CarverGuy is offline   Top
Old 02-08-2015, 09:41 AM   #22 (permalink)

Photos: 34

Count me in! Thank you for running this
Old 02-08-2015, 12:02 PM   #23 (permalink)

I'm in too.. PM sent... Many thanks
Dave Kartzman is offline   Top
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2015, 05:04 PM   #24 (permalink)

Photos: 1

Orders are coming in, and I just wanted to let everyone know that the PSI Bolt Action area has also met the max quantity discount level, so all PSI Bolt Action kits ordered will be at 19% discount (10% quantity compounded with 10% overall discount).

Ed
eajacobson is offline   Top
Old 02-08-2015, 05:43 PM   #25 (permalink)

In other updates on the group buy:

- I have replied to all that have sent me a PM with my email address to send your completed spreadsheet. If you thought you PMed me and have not received a reply, please let me know.

- I have replied to all that have sent in a spreadsheet. If you emailed your spreadsheet and have not received a reply back, please let me know.

- I am seeing several of the spreadsheets coming back with an error in the calculated insurance value. The spreadsheet is set to determine the amount based on your discounted order total (and if you have selected "yes" to wanting insurance. Please leave the field alone if that amount is what you want. If you want to override the value (to, say, insure your package at full retail value), then please select the field and replace it with a plain numeric value of your desired insurance payment.

- I'm not seeing anyone choosing anything larger than the default small FRB for packaging. I will be posting an estimated kit quantity that fits in a small FRB later today. I do not think a small FRB will hold 20, 30, or 52 kits. :-) I will work with each GB participant to make sure I get you the best agreeable packaging and shipping available.

Thanks all that have responded, and those still out there with an interest in the group buy. To me, this is the "February Feel the Love" group buy - I'm trying to make it the best GB for each individual in terms of what they can order and how it gets to them.

Ed
Old 02-08-2015, 05:47 PM   #26 (permalink)

And, in answers to questions PMed to me that may be of general interest:

- Yes, I will order pen boxes. Please note that I will work with you to make sure we get an idea of the size of shipping package that might be needed to get them to you so you won't have a surprise shipping charge before you agree to the order.

- Yes, I will order pen blanks. Same as the pen boxes - I'll work with you on shipping package size and cost.

- Yes, I'll order other items, as long as they fit in some standard USPS shipping package. Please PM me if you are unsure. Sorry, no new lathes...

Ed
Old 02-09-2015, 12:28 AM   #27 (permalink)

OK, box capacity:

Small FRB - 75 cubic inches - I was able to get 20 kits (14 Le Roi and 6 Panache) in. Not 21. If your kits are a bit bigger, don't count on getting 20 in.If you want any "wiggle room" inside the box to prevent damage, it won't fit 20 (more like 16 then).

Medium Priority box - 7 x 7 x 6 or 294 cubic inches -based on the small FRB, I would estimate 75 kits. I did check it for blanks - I think it would be about 56 - though those were mostly 7/8" acrylic. More or less if you are getting different sizes. There would be room on the top for some kits, but it would depend on the blank length (it seemed I could fit more blanks by standing them on end). I think these are the ones that typically go for a bit under $9.00 for US addresses. They are likely to be about $33 and change to go to Canada.

Medium top loading FRB - 514 cubic inches - I didn't try to fill one of these, but unless you are ordering large items, or large quantities, I don't think you will over fill one.

If by chance, you are interested in something larger, I do have access to a large FRB (792 cubic inches) to try out.

Ed
Old 02-10-2015, 08:55 AM   #28 (permalink)

I want in the group buy.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:12 PM   #29 (permalink)

Is anybody planing to order any of the salt and pepper shakers?

They are a nice easy project and there is decent quantity discounts.
Attached Thumbnails
image-3014819365.jpg  
Dan Masshardt is offline   Top
Old 02-11-2015, 01:45 PM   #30 (permalink)

I didn't order those but I did order ten of the 18" crush grind mechanisms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Masshardt View Post
Is anybody planing to order any of the salt and pepper shakers?

They are a nice easy project and there is decent quantity discounts.
Closed Thread