massmans
Zig613
southernclay
TDE
Grampy122
jrace
jimthebrewer
Dave Kartzman

I have replied via email to all that have sent in a completed spreadsheet. If you thought you sent one, PM me again.

I have five members that replied to the original Research post that have not been through here at all. I need you to PM me and email in a spreadsheet if you want to join.

I have another 11 that I have PMed my email that I have not received a spreadsheet from (yes, I know a few of you are tied up until the end of the weekend).

If you want to get in on the group buy, I'm accepting orders through Monday evening as originally stated in the announcement, so feel free to send it in still. PM me if you need my email address to send the completed spreadsheet to.

Thanks,
Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Ed: I would like to participate in the group buy. I expect 44 pen kits and several replacement tubes will need a Flat Rate medium. Correct?

I sent, to you, a PM just a few minutes ago. Hope I got everything correct! :) Thank You!

eajacobson

Joseph,

Replied to your PM.

Yes, a medium FRB will work. I am also going to have medium regional rate boxes available, and if it fits and is less expensive, I'll refund the savings.

Thanks,
Ed

eajacobson

Clark,

Just send me an updated spreadsheet.

So far, no one has added any salt and pepper kits, but it sounds like you and Dan have a good start..

Ed

Last edited:

CaptainJane

Add me to your list

Hello Ed. Thank you for hosting the February Group Buy!

Don't forget me on your list. I did receive your email - I am just not on your list of participants

As a new turner, I am progressing beyond the cheap kits to the moderately priced ones, and this is a great opportunity to try out some nicer kits at great prices.

Now, if only someone could explain this BASH thing. Is it just online, or is there a physical event somewhere?
Thanks in advance.

J Sherrod

eajacobson

Robert,

If you want to order them, that is fine. I can either hold your order until everything is delivered, or I can ship twice (but that would cost two shipping charges). It is all up to you.

Ed

was going to get bushings but there out of stock. thanks for getting the bulk buy on,Ed

eajacobson

Additional GB members from the earlier list:

Chopit
CaptainJane
socdad
HCPENS
epigolucky
vtgaryw
endacoz
joefyffe
Dan Masshardt

There is still time to get in on the buy - I'll be taking additional orders through Monday night.

Ed

eajacobson

The spreadsheets have been received and accumulated. I need to verify quantity discounts, and pricing on all items ordered. I hope to get that out to all participants by Wednesday evening. When I get the discounts and prices verified, I will be sending individual emails with your final estimated cost and my PayPal account to send that to.

Final participant list:

CaptainJane
CarverGuy
Chopit
Cmiles1985
Dan Masshardt
Dave Kartzman
endacoz
epigolucky
Grampy122
HCPENS
hjdiamond2
jimthebrewer
joefyffe
jrace
louisbry
massmans
mvande21
Robert Sherlock
socdad
southernclay
SteveG
TDE
Timbo
TonyL
VotTak
vtgaryw
wob50
Zig613

If you thought you were on the list but do not appear above, please PM me ASAP. If you are listed above and need a last minute correction to your order, please PM me ASAP.

Thanks all,
Ed

eajacobson

All orders have been summed together, additional quantity discounts applied, and final estimated order cost summaries have been sent to all GB participants via email. If you think you are in the GB and did not reveive a note from me tonight on your cost summary, please let me know either by PM or EM ASAP.

Thanks,
Ed

wob50

Sent funds via PayPal thanks Ed let me know if there was a issue with the transfer as soon as you can ,had issues before with them.thanks again Ed
Time to turn

eajacobson

All participant payments accounted for. I will be sending the order in shortly and confirming it on Monday via phone. I will post here after it is confirmed, and then again when I receive the package. Individual emails will go out for any final account settlements needed, along with package tracking numbers, once the packages are on the way.

Ed

eajacobson

CSUSA confirmed the order just now (it would have been yesterday, but an email mix-up meant I didn't get the notice until today). Expected package delivery to me is Friday. Looks like I have plans for the weekend now. :)

USPS package of packages arrived yesterday, so I will be starting box construction and labeling this week.

Ed

eajacobson

All three boxes totaling 150+ pounds arrived today. Unfortunately, I had commitments for this evening and am head referee at a martial arts tournament all day Saturday. I will be packaging all of the shipments on Sunday and dropping them off at the local 24-hour USPS branch.

Individual messages will go out as they are prepared and shipped.

jrace

No me, but I'm sure Ed is working on it. Boxes totaling 150lbs? I'm sure that can take some time to sort out and verify, and then verify again. I'd give it a few more days.

eajacobson

Sorry guys, no tracking numbers yet. I finally got all of the product into individual boxes LATE Monday night. I wanted to get everyone boxed before trying to send any, just in case I had to find some mis-packed items (there weren't any). With that behind, Tuesday I went to the USPS "Print & Ship". After getting the FRB and Regional boxes all entered, the site would not take either of my credit cards, NOR my PayPal, all of which should be good, so there was a problem at their end. It was after 8:30 PM ET, so no help was available. I'm calling after my current list of meetings ends about 2:30 PM CT today. With that getting cleared up, I expect to get at least the flat rate and regional boxes out tonight. I have about half of the packages using the USPS "suggested" 7X7X6 boxes, but now I find those go as standard priority mail, and the price is only slightly less than a medium FRB. I have a few more regional A boxes (which are slightly larger than the 7X7X6, but are about a 1/3 less money. I plan to contact those individuals that are packed in the "wrong" box and see if they want to wait a week (I have another order for regional A boxes - they aren't stocked at the local POs).

Again, sorry. I'll have another update later today.

Ed

eajacobson

One hour, 17 minutes on the phone with USPS support, and I was able to get one label entered, paid for, and printed. Closed out the call, entered the addresses for the rest of the flat rate and regional packages, verified everything, went to pay the same as the first address, and USPS is throwing it out again! On hold again for "technical support" (quotes, because it clearly wasn't technical when I called in earlier...). May guess is that they will not be able to do anything with my current entries, as the first person was just going to have to "create a ticket" for their support team to review and email back to me. You really appreciate the support we get from our vendors here when you have to deal with places like the USPS.

While I am on hold, I will be sending out an email to the group about these issues. Please check your inbox.

Ed

eajacobson

Another hour on the phone to USPS today, just to get my earlier incident sent back out with a higher level of criticality on it. Still no resolution.

For those that had an address on their PayPal payment and are going out in a FRB, you have been sent your tracking numbers, courtesy of PayPal labeling. PayPal does not list regional rates in their USPS options (or at least I couldn't find them), so you had to be in a FRB. Also, PayPal does not seem to allow any address editing, so if there wasn't an address on your payment, I couldn't add it in and get it to go. Sorry.

I really hope that USPS gets things sorted in short order.

More shipments and updates as things change.

Ed

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Ed,
You can add addresses in PP under the multiorder shipping option. Click on file in the upper left and select "create new order".
I have never been able to find regional rates in PP.

eajacobson

Mannie,

Thanks. I heard that in a PM, too. That will get two more packages out the door. Unfortunately, most of the orders are bigger than a SFRB, but nowhere near a MFRB, so the regional A seems to be the way to go for most everyone, at least in terms of cost. I'm still pulling for the USPS to get my account straightened out today, otherwise I'll be checking with the folks to see if they want to go to MFRB pricing (thru PP).

Ah. You get the "big stuff" worked out ahead of time and then you get blind-sided by the stuff you thought you should be able to count on.

Ed

TonyL

Hi Ed:

I didn't see anything from your email. When you get to it, you get to it. I appreciate all that you are doing. You are a better man than me. :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom