February CSUSA Group Buy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

eajacobson

READ THIS ENTIRE POST.

YOU MUST BOTH PM AND POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE.

Welcome to the February CSUSA Group Buy. Please read this post in its entirety.

My goal is to have everything done and ordered by Monday February 23. I will help you save money, so if you want me to check on other shipping options, etc, please PM me. Otherwise, I will fit your order in as small a Flat Rate Box as is practical. Depending on what you order, we'll adjust up or down as necessary. This buy is open to USA and Canada shipping addresses only.

$50 of insurance is now included with Priority Mail to US addresses. YOU are responsible for any additional insurance you want. For reference, US destination: $100 of insurance costs $2.60, 200=3.30, 300=5.50, 400=6.75, 500=8, 600=9.25, 700=10.50, 800=11.75, 900=13, 1000=14.25, 1100=15.50.
The spreadsheet will ESTIMATE your insurance, but you must verify the amount (you can type over the amount shown to correct it). I recommend insurance. Please remember that I am responsible for shipping your merchandise, but I cannot be held responsible for its delivery!

If you see something I missed, or have questions, please let me know!

The Specifics

This buy is focused on obtaining the maximum kit quantity discount of 25% plus the CSUSA "club" discount which is now 10%. This is an open buy – anyone that wants to participate is welcome. I may limit orders if the total order value exceeds $25,000.00. No minimum quantity or purchase is required. The group buy will be open from the time of posting until 9:00 PM CST On Monday February 16th. I will do my best to provide all payment totals by the end of Wednesday the 18th. Payment via PayPal will be required by Midnight CST on Saturday the 21st.

IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE TIMELINES, WE WILL PLACE THE ORDER WITHOUT YOU. IF YOU SENT MONEY AFTER THE DEADLINE AND THE ORDER WAS PLACED THEN YOUR MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED TO YOU. THERE WILL BE NO "WARNING" EMAILS THAT YOU ARE LATE. Sorry, but it's not right to others who do things on time to have to wait for others who do not.

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE:
• There is a NO minimum purchase of Artisan kits BUT you must be willing to work with the restrictions listed below.
1. PM me to get in.
2. Must have a USA or Canada shipping address.
• 3. Also reply to this thread.

Please indicate your NAME and IAP USERNAME on all payments and correspondence. I will PM you to confirm receipt of your order. I will give you my email address to return the spreadsheet to. There is a block at the top of the spreadsheet. It requires:

Your IAP screen name
Your "real" name
Your email address - PayPal and regular correspondence, if they are different
Your mailing address
Whether or not you want insurance (Yes/No)

If these fields are not filled out accurately, the spreadsheet will be returned to you!

DEADLINES:
• Spreadsheet must be returned by MONDAY FEB 16 (9:00 PM – CST)
• PayPal (only payment option) by SATURDAY FEB 21 (Midnight – CST)

PAYPAL ONLY:
I will be placing the order by Monday February 23. If you have not made the PayPal payment by the deadline scheduled above you will be removed you from the buy. I will confirm your total via PM as well as my PayPal information once I receive your order back. Please do not sign up and then not follow through in a timely manner.

SHIPPING:
Will be defaulted to published USPS Small flat rate box of $5.95. It will include tracking and delivery confirmation. If you are ordering larger quantities or larger items (blanks, etc), an estimate should be made by you – and I will double check – to use a larger flat rate box. I'll give you my best estimate on shipping once you place your order, and we'll go from there. Large items that will not fit in any flat rate box may be possible, but shipping method and costs will have to be agreed upon before the order will be placed.

Canadians, change the field labeled "Estimated - shipping" cost to one of the choices in the chart at the end of the spreadsheet. If you need a different shipping option investigated, please PM me.

KITS AVAILABLE:
For the 25% discount, we need to reach a 100 kit minimum from the Artisan kits only. Apprentice kits are allowed on the order, but are not expected to reach quantity discount levels, though the overall 10% discount will apply. The extra 10% discount is based on the total order dollar amount. Prices of kits are updated as of this posting, but you may should check your items prices on the CSUSA web site to verify.

Special spreadsheet notes in red:
[FONT=Symbol, serif][/FONT]PSI Bolts have their own quantity discounts and only mix/match with other PSI Bolts. I will adjust the discount and advise you of the new total.
[FONT=Symbol, serif][/FONT] Razors have their own quantity discount. I will adjust the discount and advise you of the new total.
I believe the spreadsheet is accurate, but will not make up any differences if I have mistyped or transposed numbers. If you find any discrepancies in the spreadsheet, please contact me ASAP! I will confirm your total via PM with appropriate discounts after all order sheets have been returned to me.

If you are interested in ordering something not listed on the spreadsheet, please PM me first. I will make as reasonable accommodation for other items as I can. Extra large items, or those that require additional freight charges are excluded.

BACKORDERED ITEMS
I have not reviewed CSUSA for what items are in or out of stock. It is up to you to determine if the items you want are available.

I will allow back orders, but it will be up to you to choose between waiting for all of your items to arrive before I ship your package, or if you want to pay for multiple shipments.

SHIPPING INSURANCE:
I do not require that you pay for insurance but I highly recommend it. I can not and will not be responsible for what happens to your order after it leaves my control. You will receive confirmation of shipping, but once it has left my hands I am not responsible for it. If you desire insurance then please indicate that at the top of the spreadsheet and verify the calculated amount at the bottom. I will PM to verify and cost adjustments that are made. I recommend insuring your shipment for the FULL retail value of your order! Note – the calculation on the spreadsheet only uses your discounted order value.

The attached spreadsheet February Group Buy will calculate your total cost for pens including both the 25% on Artisan kits and the 10% discount from CSUSA. Other discounts that might apply will be applied after all orders have been submitted to me. The total cost of the buy must exceed $1000 after the 25% discount is applied in order to qualify for the additional 10%. If we do not exceed the $1000, it may be necessary to reopen the buy, but I do not anticipate this to be a problem.

I have also rounded up the PayPal fee to 4.0%. Your PayPal fee may be less than what you pay, and this difference will be refunded. Once all payments are received and accounts settled to my satisfaction, I will issue PayPal refunds for any over-payments. I'll try to get as close to even as possible – anything less than $1.00 will not be refunded.

Please complete your order within the spreadsheet. Before you return the spreadsheet to me by email – change the excel file-name as follows:
RealFirstName_RealLastName_CSUSA_February.xls – I will save each individual order on my hard drive so I can reference them as needed to compile the master order.

I hope these terms are acceptable to everyone, and please feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns.

Again, PM me and post in this thread that you are in. I will PM to confirm and send you my email for you to send the filled-in spread sheet back to me. These requirements are intended to be very specific. If you have any questions PM me right away.

***I would like to emphasize something again... It helps me keep track of things easier when you change your excel file-name to:
RealFirstName_RealLastName_CSUSA_February.xls

Attachments

• CSUSA_February.xls
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,034
Last edited:

eajacobson

Bill and everyone,

This group buy is not following the normal limits of ten or so participants. It is open to everyone, as long as they follow the rules on submitting and paying on time, so there is room available until the 16th. :)

Please PM me for my email address to submit your completed spreadsheet.

Thanks,
Ed

IF there is still room, I'd like to get in.

Bill

eajacobson

Orders are coming in, and I just wanted to let everyone know that the PSI Bolt Action area has also met the max quantity discount level, so all PSI Bolt Action kits ordered will be at 19% discount (10% quantity compounded with 10% overall discount).

Ed

eajacobson

In other updates on the group buy:

- I have replied to all that have sent me a PM with my email address to send your completed spreadsheet. If you thought you PMed me and have not received a reply, please let me know.

- I have replied to all that have sent in a spreadsheet. If you emailed your spreadsheet and have not received a reply back, please let me know.

- I am seeing several of the spreadsheets coming back with an error in the calculated insurance value. The spreadsheet is set to determine the amount based on your discounted order total (and if you have selected "yes" to wanting insurance. Please leave the field alone if that amount is what you want. If you want to override the value (to, say, insure your package at full retail value), then please select the field and replace it with a plain numeric value of your desired insurance payment.

- I'm not seeing anyone choosing anything larger than the default small FRB for packaging. I will be posting an estimated kit quantity that fits in a small FRB later today. I do not think a small FRB will hold 20, 30, or 52 kits. :) I will work with each GB participant to make sure I get you the best agreeable packaging and shipping available.

Thanks all that have responded, and those still out there with an interest in the group buy. To me, this is the "February Feel the Love" group buy - I'm trying to make it the best GB for each individual in terms of what they can order and how it gets to them.

Ed

eajacobson

And, in answers to questions PMed to me that may be of general interest:

- Yes, I will order pen boxes. Please note that I will work with you to make sure we get an idea of the size of shipping package that might be needed to get them to you so you won't have a surprise shipping charge before you agree to the order.

- Yes, I will order pen blanks. Same as the pen boxes - I'll work with you on shipping package size and cost.

- Yes, I'll order other items, as long as they fit in some standard USPS shipping package. Please PM me if you are unsure. Sorry, no new lathes... :)

Ed

eajacobson

OK, box capacity:

Small FRB - 75 cubic inches - I was able to get 20 kits (14 Le Roi and 6 Panache) in. Not 21. If your kits are a bit bigger, don't count on getting 20 in.If you want any "wiggle room" inside the box to prevent damage, it won't fit 20 (more like 16 then).

Medium Priority box - 7 x 7 x 6 or 294 cubic inches -based on the small FRB, I would estimate 75 kits. I did check it for blanks - I think it would be about 56 - though those were mostly 7/8" acrylic. More or less if you are getting different sizes. There would be room on the top for some kits, but it would depend on the blank length (it seemed I could fit more blanks by standing them on end). I think these are the ones that typically go for a bit under $9.00 for US addresses. They are likely to be about $33 and change to go to Canada.

Medium top loading FRB - 514 cubic inches - I didn't try to fill one of these, but unless you are ordering large items, or large quantities, I don't think you will over fill one.

If by chance, you are interested in something larger, I do have access to a large FRB (792 cubic inches) to try out.

Ed

Dan Masshardt

Is anybody planing to order any of the salt and pepper shakers?

They are a nice easy project and there is decent quantity discounts.

Attachments

• image-3014819365.jpg
    image-3014819365.jpg
    465.9 KB · Views: 194

Dan Masshardt

Are thy very easy to make? Do I need a special chuck or bushings?

Tony - I can message you more about it to avoid tying up the thread.

If you drill on the lathe you have everything needed, except maybe a drill bit if you don't have any forstners.

I just chuck up a square blank in standard jaws, round, drill a hole to depth, bring cone tailstock back up for support, finish shape, sand, part off. Very easy.

Capt Eddie also has a video on it - he does it a little different - drills than turns on a jamb chuck basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom