EMPEROR Group Buy ** SHIPPED **

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario

Thanks to my free Emperor bushing, I need to get me some Emperor kits!!! :D

Due to requests, I will close this as soon as we hit 100. This is due to possible delay in shipping and Chrismas order deadlines. Hope you understand.

We reached our goal (100+)!!! Discount is 25%!!!

I will email payment instruction and totals to everyone including their order as early as Friday. Please try to send payment ASAP so I can place the order by Monday if possible.

If mailing payment please let me know...I am not sure I can cover this due to the price per kit.

Thanks!
Dario :)

Please post here qty/finish if you are interested...I'll work with Nils with the discount depending on how many will sign up.

If you need bushing/drill bit, etc., post it too and we will see what we can do.

If it goes...
Shipping will be actual and will use USPS flat rate envelope if possible. I do take paypal (but add their charges to your bill ;)). Insurance will be optional.

Thanks!
====================
11/23
We are on and if everyone who posted will commit, we are guaranteed atleast 20% discount. Whether we can reach 25% is still up in the air. I will post prices based on 20% and 25%

GROUP BUY ENDS DEC. 1

Jr Gents are still in consideration. Against my better judgement I actually might do it. Please note what type (original/II), FP/RB, finish, tapered or screwed. If it gets too scary I may back off or do just 2 or so most wanted version of it.

I will make a list here and update it when I find time.

A favor...if you are not sure or changed your mind...please edit your post about what you want before I make the list. Thank you.
=====================
Those who expressed interest on Jr Gent/Jr Statesman...please indicate the following:

Version I or II (default is II)
Endcap Tapered or Threaded (default is tapered)
Finish (TN Gold, Platinum, etc.) (default will be TN Gold)
Rollerball or Fountainpen (default is RB)

Though default is there...substitutions may happen if you don't specify a feature...or it may not be ordered too :D[:p].
=====================
Here's what's available on Jr Gent/Jr. Statesman version 1 (availability subject to change). According to Nils discount is 30%.

10 of the Rhodium/22k Jr. Statesman Fountains
50 of the Rhodium/Black TN Jr. Statesman Rollerballs.
Plenty of the 10K Jr. Gents RB or Fountain with 10 or so smooth end caps and plenty of threaded end caps.
Plenty of the Titanium Jr. Gents RB or Fountain with both end caps.
Plenty of the Platinum Jr. Gents RB or Fountain but only with threaded end caps - no smooth.
=====================
Estimated delivery to me is Dec. 7 if I order Dec. 1
Due to holiday rush...I can't guarantee time of delivery to you...I can only say they will leave my hands in less than 2 days after I recieve them. Hope this is acceptable.
=====================

Jr Gents and Jr Statesman (versions I and II) are officially on. Order away!!!

BTW, spare tubes can also be ordered for Emperor

=====================

Borg_B_Borg

I'm increasing my interest by one RB to:

2 x 22K FPs
1 x 22K RB
1 x set of bushings

Also, a question: does CSUSA give you a mix and match discount? I.e. do you get 50-unit pricing only if you order 50 of one kind or can you mix 22K with black Ti and RB with FP to qualify?

Steve

rtjw

I may be interested in a 22K FP. But would be more interested in the Jr. gent and Jr. Statesman Version 1. They still have a good bit left and I bet they would be willing to give another great discount. Of course this is after I just bought 10 of them yesterday.

alamocdc

Dario, you're killing me! You know I'm interested, but she ain't gonna like it. [:p] 2 gold and 3 black TN RBs, 1 gold and 2 black TN FPs, plus a set of bushings.

Mikey

Quick question before a committment...

What is the usual discount for these pens? I may be in for a few plus the large DB and bushings, but only if the discount makes it worth the severe beating I will be taking from the wife.

BTW, what does a pen sell for that costs you $50-$60 plus time to make? ($150 or so?)

alamocdc

Mikey, I can't answer for anyone else, but I have a formula entered in a speardsheet that I use to help me figure my prices. According to my spreadsheet, these should go for $175 to $200. I guess we'll see.

Dario

Stan,

I cannot commit on a discount. It will depend on how much we will order...last time they got 25% (I think)...but again I cannot guarantee that until I talk to Nils.

cigarman

I would be interested in one 22k gold FP with drill bits and bushing.
Edit:
I will take two (2) 22kt gold FP Emperor and two (2) black titanium FP Emperor. Also one set of bushings and a set of drill bits.

Thanks for your work Dario, let me know the final price with shipping and how you want the payment sent.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Billy & Mikey,

I have been showing the Emporer in acrylic-bright red- nice looking pen. Started at $200, guy muttered, "That's cheap enough".

Now at $250, statesman is $175. I can always "knock off $25" to make a sale, but it also makes my $50 barons look like a steal. (Have not sold emporer or statesman, but barons are moving pretty well).

Hope this helps, and as always, your mileage may vary!!!

Dario

Don,

You are right...here is Nils' letter to me.

===========================
It looks like the standard quantity discount will apply to the order. Here's how it breaks down:
5-9: 10% Off
10-49: 15% Off
50-99: 20% Off
100+: 25% Off

The only pens that don't get discounted are the Limited Edition Pens
(Emperors or Statesman). Also, mix and matching is perfectly fine.
Good luck with the sale and let me know if you have any other
questions. Thanks!

alamocdc

Panache? [:D][?][:D] I'd take 5 of each plating and a set of bushings. [;)] I've still got plenty of Jr. Gents and Jr. Statesmen from the last group buy. But that's just me. [;)]

its_virgil

The version I's jrs are still on sale...just not advertised. I was told they would be at the sale price until all gone.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by rtjw
<br />I may be interested in a 22K FP. But would be more interested in the Jr. gent and Jr. Statesman Version 1. They still have a good bit left and I bet they would be willing to give another great discount. Of course this is after I just bought 10 of them yesterday.

Dario

I've learned that group buy works best on the top of the line (expensive) kits. Doing a double handling thing usually negates the discount on cheaper kits....that is why I am trying to stick with the high end IF possible.

Also...handling too many kits in a Group buy complicates things. I remember Johnny's and I cringe of the though how he did that. Hope you understand guys.

eastern47

Dario,
If we get to the 25% discount, I would be interested in 2 22k RBs, and 1 22k FP + a set of bushings. If you include the Jr. Gents,version 1, I'd also be interested in some of those.

John

RPM

I'd be in for a batch (5 each of the Gold TI, Platinum and black TI in the tapered end) of Jr. Gents II (15 total) if this will close and ship in time for Christmas orders. I've got tubes so I can turn the pens, but I need the hardware to assemble by the 3rd week of December.
Richard

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by jbyrd24
<br />Add me to the list.
1 22K RB, 1 Black RB
1 22K FP, 1 Black FP
one set of bushings
Thanks[:D]

What size drill bit do they take ?

Thanks for going to all the trouble for a group buy Dario.

Bryan,

This link is to the directions for the Emperor. The drill sizes are 37/64, and 15/32. http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/pdf/emperor_pen.pdf

Hope this helps,

dfurlano

***Changes*** 11/24 10:00am est

I'd be up for:
(2) 22k FP kits
(2) BLACK TITANIUM JR GENTLEMENS FOUNTAIN PEN (tapered end caps)
(1) BUSHINGS and Drills FOR JR GENTLEMENS/STATESMAN II
(2) JR STATESMAN II FOUNTAIN RHODIUM/22K GOLD

rtjw

dario, Hint to the wise. Only do one type of pen. Dont do several different types.

I would be interested in the emperor kits but wouldnt be able to buy alot. Too expensive.

I mentioned the Jr. gent and jr. Statesman because of the fact that the version 1s are still available and they are doing it at 30%. If we ordered another big lot they would prolly really give a good discount to get rid of them. Most likely 35% or maybe even more.

I would not include any other kits in this bulk buy. Just gets too complicated.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Dario,
Got the go ahead from the boss for at least 1 22K RB, 1 Black FP,one set of bushings, and if you do Jr Statesman an Gents, probably a FP and RB of each.

SS

I am interested in getting a couple of the kits in Ti and also a couple of stateman kits. I have not done a group buy before but would be interested. How exactly does it work as far as payment and shipping?

Dario

Hi,

By being part of the group...we usually hit a higher discount tier. Like right now we are at 20% discount which you can attain only if you order 50+ kits. That is the big plus.

The down side is...there is double handling of the goods and funds which costs extra and is shared/shouldered by buyers (shipping from CSUSA to me, paypal fees, etc.). There is also the time delay...agian due to double handling.

Hope this helps.

Dario

HEY! Good point Lou!

I didn't notice that it will apply to this since it hardly does to my orders from them. There guys...extra incentive to put your order in LOL [}:)]

dfurlano

Originally posted by SS
<br />I am interested in getting a couple of the kits in Ti and also a couple of stateman kits. I have not done a group buy before but would be interested. How exactly does it work as far as payment and shipping?

You send your money and address to someone you never met and don't even know their name or contact info. Got a problem with that?

HA!

Dario

Originally posted by dfurlano
<br />
Originally posted by SS
<br />I am interested in getting a couple of the kits in Ti and also a couple of stateman kits. I have not done a group buy before but would be interested. How exactly does it work as far as payment and shipping?

You send your money and address to someone you never met and don't even know their name or contact info. Got a problem with that?

HA!

Another good point...you will have to trust the person who does the group buy. Whether you should or not is a big mystery LOL [}:)]

Dario

I am trying to get the feel of this.

Those who expressed interest on Jr Gent/Jr Statesman...please indicate the following:

Version I or II (default is II)
Endcap Tapered or Threaded (default is tapered)
Finish (TN Gold, Platinum, etc.) (default will be TN Gold)
Rollerball or Fountainpen (default is RB)

Though default is there...substitutions may happen if you don't specify a feature...or it may not be ordered too [:D][:p].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom