CSUSA Group Buy October 2011

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Balasharc

This Group purchase has hit it's maximum number of participants and is now closed to new buyers.

Thank you all for participating.

This buy which is focused on the maximum quantity discount of 25% is open to the first 12 respondents to this thread who are interested in a minimum of 10 kits and willing to work with the following restrictions:
(Thanks to Mannie and George for allowing me to cut and paste there rules and spreadsheet)

I spent a few hours today updating the spreadsheet and deleted any out of stock items. CLOSEOUT and out of stock items have been removed from the sheet. If I can't expect to fulfill the orders, I am not going to solicit them.

PAYPAL only....I will be placing the order on Friday, October 28. Must have PayPal funded by Wednesday, October 26, 11:59 PM Central US (avoids the midnight/AM/PM questions! I know we have a few sticklers running about). If you have not made the PP payment by that time I will drop you from the buy. We are all big boys and girls here and I should not have to remind anyone to send the PP payment. I will PM your total and my PayPal info. Please don't sign up then not follow through, it knocks someone else out of a chance to participate.

SHIPPING:
Will be defaulted to $10.95 via USPS Priority Flat rate medium box (within USA). It will include tracking. For smaller orders that will fit the smaller priority box, shipping (within USA) I will refund the difference in shipping.

If you have very large orders, they may not be able to fit into one flat rate box. I'll give you my best estimate on shipping once you place your order and we'll go from there. USPS now has the large priority mail flat rate box for $14.95 which is 50% bigger.

Listed Kits: I spent several hours today going through the CSUSA website updating available kits and costs. If you want kits that are not listed, add the kit ID and description to the bottom of the spreadsheet. For the 25% discount we need to reach a 100 kit minimum so the apprentice kits, which follow a different discount pattern will not be included in the 10 kit minimum. I will PM your total with appropriate discounts when quantities have been met. Also, if I missed adding in a kit that was out-of-stock last time and it now shows in stock, you may add it in.

I am not willing to order other kits/projects at this time, but tubes and bushings will be included.

NO Backorders. See that little dot, it's a period. Out of stock items will be refunded.

I have updated pricing in the attached spreadsheet, any changes or inaccuracies will be corrected when order is placed with CSUSA. I believe the spreadsheet is accurate, but will not make up any differences if I have mistyped or transposed numbers.

Domestic Insurance:
I do not require that you pay for Insurance. But I also will not be responsible for what happens to your order after it leaves my control. The domestic shipping charges are below. Do not include the shipping cost in calculating insurance costs.

$1.80 ................ $0.01 to $50
$2.30 ................ $50.01 to $100
$2.85 ................ $100.01 to $200
$4.75 ................ $200.01 to $300
$5.80 ................ $300.01 to $400
$6.85 ................ $400.01 to $500
$7.90 ................ $500.01 to $600

International orders will be accommodated but shipping and PayPal fees will cost more and will require insurance. Sorry, I cannot give rates since I have no idea. FYI, I will only do USPS shipping and the cheaper means may not be insurable. Order at your own risk...or pay the premium. Here is how I will handle International Orders: I will give you an estimate that will be too high. You Pay Pal me that amount. Once I have the final amount with shipping and Pay Pal charges, I will refund you the difference. I will not be responsible for any loss or damage once the items leave my hands. In the event it is needed, I will assist on any claims as much as I can.

The attached spreadsheet will calculate your total cost. There will be an additional discount from CSUSA, but I will not have the exact amount until placing the order. You will be refunded this difference via Paypal. The net was 13% on the last order (on top of the volume discounts!).

I hope these terms are acceptable to everyone. Thank you :)

Please indicate your NAME and IAP USERNAME on all payments and correspondence.

Post in this thread that you are in with at least the 10 kit minimum. I will PM to confirm and send you my email for you to send the filled in spread sheet back to me.

Thanks for playing....and thanks to Mannie and George for letting me steal and modify their spreadsheet and write up from the last GB they ran.

Attachments

• CSUSA MASTER 10-18-11.xls
    81 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:

alphageek

Former Moderator
Two hours and one minute, seems that the IAP has been wanting this badly.

Agreed! I don't need anything from CSUSA right now, but hopefully someone will be willing to step up and take another group. It would be great to see these become common place again. With a group our size, I'll bet there would be enough demand to run one of these every week or 2 with this size of groups.

This may be alot more manageable that the 40-50 people buys that happened in the past.

OKLAHOMAN

Dean, I think you're absolutely right a small G/B once every two -three weeks instead of the massive ones in the past will keep most here in stock and making them smaller they will be so much easier for the person to handle.

Balasharc

The group buy is now closed to further participants so we can move along.

This is the list of people participating in the CSUSA group buy:
dennisg
GoodTurns
Live2Dive
Monty
nsfr1206
pianomanpj
Robert Sherlock
Silverado
tomas
gt64155
mg_dreyer
RDH79

There may be 1 more but I am waiting on a PM

Name in black = I have sent you a Pm and waiting on your list.
Name in blue means received list and waiting on Pay-pal $$
Name in green means Received Pay-pal $$ and your done.

I will keep everyone posted and up to date as it goes along. Please be patient with me as this is my 1st GB I am leading and I work rotating shifts 4-5 days a week.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
too many shut out

Agreed! I don't need anything from CSUSA right now, but hopefully someone will be willing to step up and take another group. It would be great to see these become common place again. With a group our size, I'll bet there would be enough demand to run one of these every week or 2 with this size of groups.

This may be alot more manageable that the 40-50 people buys that happened in the past.

My opinion is that this type of limited participant buy shuts too many people out...folks 2 time zones away will miss unless they spend a whole lot of time on the computer. This one filled at 7:27am pacific time, before most folks were even out of the shower. I think that's a little too restrictive.

SCR0LL3R

It's a lot of time and money involved for the coordinator so I understand the desire for these limitations. Hopefully this just means we can have them more often.

OKLAHOMAN

My opinion is that this type of limited participant buy shuts too many people out...folks 2 time zones away will miss unless they spend a whole lot of time on the computer. This one filled at 7:27am pacific time, before most folks were even out of the shower. I think that's a little too restrictive.

LeRoy somebody has to step up to the plate and do a larger buy, maybe the next few small buys could be started in the late afternoon :wink:

Balasharc

It's my 1st Coordinated GB. I plan on doing more but I would like to keep the 1st a little on the small side just to make sure I can handle the $$ and Time end of it since it has to be all put on 1 card for the discounts and will take most of a day to sort everything out and pack. I know it left a lot of people out and I feel bad, but I only have so much free time. According to the wife I have no free time. I have time at work or family time. If all goes well I plan on another the end of Nov or beginning of Dec.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
24 hours

LeRoy somebody has to step up to the plate and do a larger buy, maybe the next few small buys could be started in the late afternoon :wink:
My thought is that group buys should be left open for a minimum of 24 hours to give all members at least a shot at getting in. I agree that it will be a lot of work and not much reward for someone to do that so it probably won't happen.

I almost joined this one myself (I was at the site when it was posted ) but I wasn't too sure it would be ethical for me to buy kits from them and then offer them for sale at a price lower than theirs or keep another member who wanted kits to turn from getting them.:biggrin:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Don't feel bad

It's my 1st Coordinated GB. I plan on doing more but I would like to keep the 1st a little on the small side just to make sure I can handle the $$ and Time end of it since it has to be all put on 1 card for the discounts and will take most of a day to sort everything out and pack. I know it left a lot of people out and I feel bad, but I only have so much free time. According to the wife I have no free time. I have time at work or family time. If all goes well I plan on another the end of Nov or beginning of Dec.
There's no need for you to feel bad - it will take a lot of time and it will be a lot of work, probably more than you anticipate. You'll get your kits at a lower price but you will earn them. I certainly didn't intend for my comment to be taken as being critical of you for doing this.

Russianwolf

I've done several of these group buys. Without limits on participation they can easily run over a thousand items to sort, pack and ship. It can be overwhelming. The organizer needs to be aware of their limits. Time and financial. Remember that in the past CSUSA buys have needed the organizer to have a limit on their cc in the thousands to place the order. It ain't easy. For example, My time limitations have prevented me from running another buy.

John, I think you are doing good to get your feet wet on a smaller one. No need to jump in the deep end on this.

Last edited:

RDH79

I am one of the fortunate ones that was able to get into the group buy. After all the negative comments about this group buy and the rules and how it was run, I can see why no one wants to do them.

SCR0LL3R

I am one of the fortunate ones that was able to get into the group buy. After all the negative comments about this group buy and the rules and how it was run, I can see why no one wants to do them.

The only negative comments were from a couple people wishing they could get in and those people all understand the reasons that they couldn't. I don't think anybody's feelings were hurt. :) I think the reason why people don't want to do them is because of the time and financial burdens.

We only need 100 kits to get the maximum discount... There's no need or benefit to making the group buy any bigger than that, we just need to do them more often.

RDH79

I guess that went the wrong way. I meant that all the work and emails and things that go with doing a group buy, is why they are not done a often.
I can see also that doing 12 would be enough.
Posting that the first 12 would be in is probably the fairest way to do it also.

Texatdurango

......My opinion is that this type of limited participant buy shuts too many people out

......My thought is that group buys should be left open for a minimum of 24 hours to give all members at least a shot at getting in......

Looks like several people missed out on this one so why not act on your opinion and thoughts and start another buy yourself then you could leave it open for another day or two or better yet, leave it open for a week so those not in the office today will get a chance to read it.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Not likely

......My opinion is that this type of limited participant buy shuts too many people out

......My thought is that group buys should be left open for a minimum of 24 hours to give all members at least a shot at getting in......

Looks like several people missed out on this one so why not act on your opinion and thoughts and start another buy yourself then you could leave it open for another day or two or better yet, leave it open for a week so those not in the office today will get a chance to read it.

For the same reasons I did not join the buy and you often express opinions that you don't act on. And most of the large sales (buys) I have conducted were open for at least a week.

Actually CSUSA is a fine company but they are a competitor and we are in direct competition for a few products and virtual competition (similar but not exactly the same products) on others.

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
.....The only negative comments were from a couple people wishing they could get in and those people all understand the reasons that they couldn't. I don't think anybody's feelings were hurt. :) I think the reason why people don't want to do them is because of the time and financial burdens......

The way I see it there shouldn't have been any negative comments to begin with! When I read your post for some reason I thought back to the monthly meetings in the wood turning club I belonged to in Texas.

Every month our meeting at a local youth center started at 6pm and every meeting we had to open the doors to the storage room and wheel out about 100 chairs and half a dozen tables and get them all set up. Usually it was the same handful of us who got it done and without fail, there were always the same few, I can picture them in my mind right now) who would stand around watching all the activity and instead of pitching in, would just comment about the chairs not being lined up straight enough or there wasn't enough room between the rows or the tables should be placed differently or why doesn't the youth center staff hire someone to set the chairs out or.... and the suggestions never ended. I guess the same things happen in every club whether it be in real life clubs or cyber clubs.

As I read the thread, there weren't any negative comments.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
OK, There have been several posts about the way John has decided to run his GB. These posts contribute nothing to the thread and I've asked the mods to remove them.
A GB can very quickly become overwhelming, especially for someone that has never done one. If you feel you can do a better job or can handle more orders, PM me that you would like to run run and I'll get you set up.

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
GOOD FOR YOU MONTY!!!:wink: I didn't get in on this one myself, BUT because I'm not in a great need at the time. I've gotten in on a gb or two but have never conducted one. But I danged sure appreciate those who are willing to take on the responsibility of doing it for the benefit of the rest of us. Those who do not appreciate can go %$#+#$@!>< themselves!

OK, There have been several posts about the way John has decided to run his GB. These posts contribute nothing to the thread and I've asked the mods to remove them.
A GB can very quickly become overwhelming, especially for someone that has never done one. If you feel you can do a better job or can handle more orders, PM me that you would like to run run and I'll get you set up.

Balasharc

Update

Just keeping everyone up to date.
Remember I Must have List and PayPal funded by Wednesday, October 26, 11:59 PM Central US.

dennisg
GoodTurns
Live2Dive
Monty

nsfr1206
pianomanpj
Robert Sherlock
Silverado
tomas
gt64155
mg_dreyer
RDH79

Name in black = Waiting on your list.

I will keep everyone posted and up to date as it goes along. Please be patient with me as this is my 1st GB I am leading and I work rotating shifts 4-5 days a week.

Last edited:

Balasharc

Just keeping everyone up to date. 29hrs left
Remember I Must have List and PayPal funded by Wednesday, October 26, 11:59 PM Central US.

dennisg
GoodTurns
Live2Dive
Monty
nsfr1206
pianomanpj
Robert Sherlock
Silverado
gt64155
mg_dreyer
RDH79
tomas

Name in black = Waiting on your list.

Last edited:

Balasharc

OK!! Everything was ordered this morning and scheduled to be shiped out this afternoon.

$3450 and 302 kits

Only one item was not in stock and back ordered until late December the JR GENTLEMENS II FOUNTAIN - BLACK TITANIUM w/threaded end cap.

After everything I pack everything up and mail them out I will issue credits to those affected. Also I will try to pack the smaller orders in a small flat rate box if possible and issue those refunds also. If anyone wishes to donate there refunds to the IAP please let me know so I can do so.

Thank you all for participating.

Balasharc

Last update till shipping. The package should be at my door by 4:30pm on11/3/11.
All packages should mailed out on the 4th or 5th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom