CSUSA Group Buy now open

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodTurns

Seems we have a bit of pent up demand, so.....

I will run a CSUSA "mini buy". All props to the folks who do the monster buys, but I just can't handle it! This is open to the first 25 respondents to this thread who are willing to work with the following restrictions:

CLOSEOUT items have been removed from the sheet. If I can't expect to fulfill the orders, I am not going to solicit them.

PAYPAL only....I will be placing the order no later than Monday, November 15 to get everything back to me and shipped before Thanksgiving (the US version!) Have to have paypal funded by Sunday, November 14, 11:59 PM (avoids the midnight/AM/PM questions! I know we have a few sticklers running about)

NO Backorders. see that little dot, it's a period. Out of stock items will be refunded.

That's the end of my "special" terms.

Text below freely pilfered from previous buys....

PAYPAL ONLY Method of payment Please add $0.31 +3.0% to your total (yes including shipping) to cover Paypal charges...sorry. Please send me an email so I can send you my Paypal username.

Listed Kits: I have spent the better part of the morning going through the CSUSA website updating available kits and costs. If you want kits that are not listed (i.e. Apprentice kits), add the kit ID and description to the bottom of the spreadsheet. The apprentice kits follow a different discount pattern that maxes out at 10 or 20%. I will PM your total with appropriate discounts when quantities have been met.

I am willing to order other kits/projects. Add the kit ID and description to the bottom of the spreadsheet. I will PM your total with appropriate discounts when quantities have been met.

I have updated pricing in the attached spreadsheet, any changes or inaccuracies will be corrected when order is placed with CSUSA. I believe the spreadsheet is accurate, but will not make up any differences if I have mistyped or transposed numbers.

SHIPPING:
Will be defaulted to $10.70 via USPS Priority Flat rate medium box (within USA). It will include tracking.

If you have very large orders, they may not be able to fit into one flat rate box. I'll give you my best estimate on shipping once you place your order and we'll go from there. USPS now has the large priority mail flat rate box for $14.50 which is 50% bigger.

For smaller orders that will fit the smaller priority box, shipping (within USA) I will refund the difference in shipping. As stated above, any shipping variance will go back to IAP.

Domestic Insurance:
I do not require that you pay for Insurance. But I also will not be responsible for what happens to your order after it leaves my control. The domestic shipping charges are below. Do not include the shipping cost in calculating insurance costs.

$1.75 ................ $0.01 to $50
$2.25 ................ $50.01 to $100
$2.75 ................ $100.01 to $200
$4.70 ................ $200.01 to $300
$5.70 ................ $300.01 to $400
$6.70 ................ $400.01 to $500
$7.70 ................ $500.01 to $600
over $600....$7.70 plus $1 per $100.

International orders will be accommodated but will cost more and will require insurance. Sorry, I cannot give rates since I have no idea. FYI, I will only do USPS shipping and the cheaper means may not be insurable. Order at your own risk...or pay the premium. Here is how I will handle International Orders: I will give you an estimate that will be too high. You Pay Pal me that amount. Once I have the final amount with shipping and Pay Pal charges, I will refund you the difference. I have worked it this way with buyers from England, Canada and Australia and I think it is the easiest, most accurate and process with the fewest steps on both sides.

I will not be responsible for any loss or damage once the items leave my hands. In the event it is needed, I will assist on any claims as much as I can.

Here is how you should calculate your cost:

Total up the cost of kits, bushing and whatever you are buying. The prices listed reflect the volume discount.

Add the cost of shipping ($10.70).

If you are purchasing Insurance, add the appropriate amount.

Add 1%. This covers shipping from CSUSA to me and a roll of bubble wrap! Any excess will go back to IAP.

If using Paypal, add $0.31 and multiply by 1.03 to come up with your total.

I hope these terms are acceptable to everyone. Thank you :)

Please indicate your IAP username on all payments.

Post in this thread that you are in. I will PM to confirm.

Use the attached spreadsheet to place your order. It will make the appropriate calculations and give you a total. Please let me confirm total before sending Paypal.

Save spreadsheet as "GROUPBUY-IAP NAME" (replace IAP NAME with your IAP Screen Name).

I will give you my direct e-mail and paypal info when confirming that you are in the 25.

Attachments

• groupbuysheet.xls
    50 KB · Views: 471

warreng8170

Hi Jon, I would like to claim my spot. I won't be able to get you my items until later tonight when I get home from work.

Thanks!

GoodTurns

Warren, I'm going to be in Charlotte for Thanksgiving. If you'd like to meet at woodcraft to pick up, I'd love to say hi!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Jon,
If anyone goes over the medium flat rate box, they should order directly from CSUSA---they will have over 100 kits.

The med flat rate can handle about 130, IIRC!!

Have fun!!!

IPD_Mrs

Ooooo John, your avitar will be so fitting once you finish this GB. :biggrin:

Good luck and if you have not done so, now would be a good time to order your supplies from USPS.

GoodTurns

Good luck and if you have not done so, now would be a good time to order your supplies from USPS.

It's not too painful with the "extra" restrictions I put on....no backorders, one shipping....eh...

I have 3 PO's within 5 miles of my house! I'll stock up!

bobleibo

Hi Jon,
Thank you for doing this! I need to check my supplies at home to see if I need any of these and will let you know ASAP. Hopefully it will be before ther are 25 folks signed up.
I live only a few miles from CSUSA and would be happy to help out if any kind of problems or snags pop up and might need an actual visit to them.
Cheers
Bob

GoodTurns

I show:
Lwalden
youthministerdan
warreng8170
rdh79
writerev
tomw
jim smith
turbowagon
marshall
slick
ericw95
tool-man

as the 1st dozen.
PMs to follow
Jon

tool-man

I believe there are some possible errors in the spreadsheet. Cell H163 - the sum does not include the total range of items; same problem with cell H164. And cell I174 total does not include the 1% add on amount. Cell I178 (Paypal charge) refers to a blank cell in its formula. I'm not sure what is going on there. I have not checked the entire sheet.

Use the attached spreadsheet to place your order. It will make the appropriate calculations and give you a total. Please let me confirm total before sending Paypal.

Save spreadsheet as "GROUPBUY-IAP NAME" (replace IAP NAME with your IAP Screen Name).

GoodTurns

I believe there are some possible errors in the spreadsheet. Cell H163 - the sum does not include the total range of items; same problem with cell H164. And cell I174 total does not include the 1% add on amount. Cell I178 (Paypal charge) refers to a blank cell in its formula. I'm not sure what is going on there. I have not checked the entire sheet.

H162, 163 and 164 refer to sections of the sheet...kits, tubes and bushings...it makes it easier when packing the boxes for re-ship to sort by the type of items being purchased. The 1% is missing in the total. The "empty cell" was the old 1% add on, when I re-did the sheet, I moved the cell. To correct, simply add cell I169 to the total in cell I174.

corrected sheet attached here if you prefer.

Jon

Attachments

• groupbuysheet.xls
    50 KB · Views: 271

RogerGarrett

Well, I requested a group buy a week or so ago, and I would like in if it is not too late? Please let me know. You can email me at rgarrett@iwu.edu if you like. I don't get to the website as much now as I used to.

I'm mainly interested in Jr. Gent. II pens - maybe some Sierras.

Best,
Roger Garrett

GoodTurns

I show:
Lwalden
youthministerdan
warreng8170
rdh79
writerev
tomw
jim smith
turbowagon
marshall
slick
ericw95
tool-man

as the 1st dozen.

Robert Sherlock
Hilltopper46
DonHo
Woodchip
rogergarrett
thewishman
louisbry

make 19....

room for 6 more!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
USPS Medium FRB

Jon,
If anyone goes over the medium flat rate box, they should order directly from CSUSA---they will have over 100 kits.

The med flat rate can handle about 130, IIRC!!

Have fun!!!

Slimlines, streamlines, comforts, designer, Euro, and similar size kits will pack around 200 in a medium Flat Rate Box....Just sent one to Hawaii with 250 slims.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Pick up....

It's not too painful with the "extra" restrictions I put on....no backorders, one shipping....eh...

I have 3 PO's within 5 miles of my house! I'll stock up!

In addition, the Post office will pick up the packages you are shipping at your door for no cost so you don't have to load and unload a big bunch of boxes. You can arrange for that on line.

bobleibo

Jon
I am in if there is still room. I have my order ready if I made the cut....let me know where I send it.
Thanks
Bob

Tony Pridmore

I'm in if you're taking on more folks. Would you consider adding clicker pen tubes? I didn't see those in the spreadsheet.

Thanks.
Tony

I would like to order also, if I am not too late. If I am too late, my ownfault. Thanks for doing this buy, I know it must be alot of work.
Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom