Craft Supplies USA - January Group Buy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mg_dreyer

Guys - no worries on payments - they are not expected until tomorrow night.

We are on schedule - all 20 orders are in.

Payments due tomorrow night.

mg_dreyer

TonyL,

Sorry. No - I tried to confirm every payment as I received it. You are in - so sorry if I missed letting you know.

Waiting on 3 - and as mentioned they have until tomorrow.

Everything is right on schedule.

TonyL

Thank you and I speak only for myself: I am in no rush. Please feel free to put me in the back of the line. Thanks again!

mg_dreyer

Bikerdad,

I just noticed your location. Yeah it is a long journey. They picked it and shipped it within a few hours last Friday. According to the tracking code the box looks heavy. Then from Utah to Aurora, Illinois and then reboxed back to Utah. Kind of funny.

Bikerdad

Bikerdad,

I just noticed your location. Yeah it is a long journey. They picked it and shipped it within a few hours last Friday. According to the tracking code the box looks heavy. Then from Utah to Aurora, Illinois and then reboxed back to Utah. Kind of funny.

yeah, I was actually over there yesterday during lunch, picking up a kit and Fiji blank for a gotta get it done pen (Mom's b'day) as well as some tooling, one of the new Exemplar kits (Josh convinced me), and assorted tubes. I'd head back again this week to pick up a 23/64" Fisch Pen Maker's Bit, but Fisch doesn't make one in that size, so no point. The discount in the group buy makes waiting a smidge well worth my time, and the shipping about cancels the sales tax savings.

I do like going over there and ogling the lathes, as well as the pens in the rotary case, and the blanks in the lathe showroom... plus chatting with Josh and company. Good people. If anybody has an opportunity to take a class with 'em, do it.

mg_dreyer

I will use this for updates over the next few days. I was greeted last night with a very nice FedEx man with a 70 pound box on a dolly. Yes we bought 70 pounds of pen kits / bushings / tubes. I got about half packed. I should get the rest done tonight and then all of them will be double checked. Should be in the mail Saturday morning. In the case you will get a refund I will send a check. So far the one refund is on the gold slims which I mentioned above. I also noticed on two pen kits the spreadsheet was off a little over a dollar - so that difference will be refunded.

mg_dreyer

All packages will go out in the morning - I will send you your tracking codes. I had a small issue with two orders - each missing one kit (and I had two left over kits that no one ordered at all - so I assume it was just a simple mistake). For those two orders I refunded your money and will call craft supplies on Monday and see what they want to do. They are always easy to work with so I am not worried. In general I ask that when you get your package please either pm me or post here. I just like closure.

Thanks and keep in touch,
Mark

Bean_Counter

Mark. Package arrived today. I will sort through it tonight...

Everything accounted for. Thank you Mark

Last edited:

TonyL

Same here... Thank you! I received a pair of designers tubes somehow. If they belong to someone, just let me know.

Mark,
Thank you for all your work with this buy. I know from experience (and I only did 10 folks) that it can be quite the daunting task! My order came today in perfect shape. Thank you!

Robert

chrisk

Mark,
Mine was delivered yesterday at the Shipito warehouse. Waiting now for forwarding to Belgium.
Thanks again for doing this group buy.

mg_dreyer

I have not heard from four but I checked and all packages are delivered. I will assume the final four are complete. Overall we bought close to 800 items. I know two people did not get one pen kit and I refunded one set of tubes that TonyL found. If you claim them from Tony please let me know and I will cover any postage.

A few people asked about how hard this is. You do need some Excel skills for the master sheet. The call to Craft Supplies takes a little while because we went line by line, but they are always great to deal with. Then it is the fulfillment which does take time. It was at least three hours to get all the items sorted. And that was with my wife helping. We opened it up to 20 based on the interest - normally 10 is a good start number.

On the plus side you get to talk to people you might never get to talk to. Sent a few funny emails and had a nice long call discussing pen making that, as said, I probably would never had. As they say "next man up".

TonyL

I don't want the postage to ship the designer tubes, and no one has claimed them yet. Thanks for the offer though and for handling this.

Bikerdad

Mine got here sometime in the middle of the week, but since my son hogs the mailbox key, I didn't actually get it until Thursday evening. All is well with it, my thanks to Mark for doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom