Craft Supplies USA Group Buy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasper

Closed, closed, closed.

A group buy is now open for pen kits from Craft Supplies USA.

This group buy includes pen/pencil kits only, no other projects, no bushings, no drill bits, no finishing supplies, no blanks or anything else. The only exceptions for pen/pencil kits are the two limited edition kits, plus the copper Jr. Gent II, which are not offered for a group discount.

I intend to keep this group buy open for exactly seven days from the date and time of this posting, but reserve the right to shut down the buy at any point if it is growing too large. Likewise, if there is insufficient interest to be able to obtain the lowest prices, the group buy could be canceled entirely (not at all likely).

By participating in this group buy you will be able to obtain CSUSA kits for a 25% discount from the single kit purchase price, the Apprentice kits are only about 10% discount.

I've created an excel file with the product numbers, descriptions and group buy prices of all of the items available in this buy. You can download the spreadsheet from this post. To use it for ordering just fill in the quantity you want and it will total. I prefer that you use the spreadsheet, but if you don't want or are unable to use it, you can just include the information in an email or even post it to this thread, but in either case you must provide the CSUSA product numbers.

Payment may be made by check, money order, or PayPal. If you are using PayPal, the fee is 3% plus $0.30. The PayPal fee is on the spreadsheet, if you are not using the spreadsheet please make sure you add the fee. In all cases please submit your orders and wait for my response/confirmation before paying. Any excess funds will be donated to IAP.

International orders will be accepted, but the PayPal fee and shipping will be different. Send your international orders and I'll respond with an estimate for PayPal and shipping and then send your payment.

Shipments will be made by USPS flat rate packages. Up to 25 medium (Sierra) sized pen kits will fit into the smallest flat rate box which will cost $5.00 to ship. I could probably get about 20 Jr. Gent size pens in a $5 flat rate, about 30 smaller pen kits. If your order is for more than that, the next size box will cost $10.40 and it will easily hold 100 pen kits. The spreadsheet calculates the shipping at $5.00, if you are ordering more than will fit in a small box, please change the shipping to $10.40.

I have made a stock status check and everything is in stock as of the day of this posting. It is possible that there will be sellouts before the group buy is placed. If there are backorders I'm willing to accept late deliveries and ship any missing items when I receive them (you will have to pay for shipping twice or wait for all of the items arrive before shipping). If the items you ordered are backordered I will let you know as soon as I know. I'll also cancel the backordered items and refund your money if you would like.

You must comply with all of the forum requirements for group buys, specifically you must provide your name, screen name, email, name on PayPal account, snail mail address and business name if you are having it sent to your business.

Please let me know if you find any errors on the spreadsheet or have additional questions.

I received orders and payment from the following:
GPDMTR25 Paid
diamundgem Paid
Mick Paid
RHD79 Paid
hebertjo Paid
gad5264 Paid
Chief Hill Paid
hewunch Paid
dennisg Paid
PTownStubbie Paid
FBranco Paid
dalecamino Paid
Greg O'Sherwood Paid
Tim Self Paid
aksarben Paid
ngeb528 Paid
johnnyw Paid
SRB Paid
Grinstain Paid
SteveH Paid
GoodTurns Paid
Whaler
purplehaze Paid
Timbo Paid
ssajn Paid
WriteRev Paid
Monty Paid
Bree Paid
kenlicciardello Paid
Penl8the Paid
Tony Pridmore Paid
VisExp Paid
Warreng8170 Paid
mewell Paid
woodwriters Paid
OKLAHOMAN Paid
killer-beez Paid
Russianwolf Paid

The order was shipped from CSUSA today (Sept 9), I expect to receive it early next week (Sept 15-17), and hopefully have your pens on the way to you by late next week (Sept 18-19).
Total of 786 kits purchased, about $8200 total. 70 kits backordered. I'll send what I get next week and the balance when they arrive. If you haven't paid. . .I've placed your order and am waiting and hoping you will.

Attachments

• Craft Supplies Group Buy.xls
    53 KB · Views: 533
Last edited:

Chasper

I don't have Excel so I PM my order. Please verify.
Thanks
Angela

Got it, noticed that the PayPal fee is missing. I'll calculate PayPal and PM an order total today, don't send check until you hear form me. Thanks.
Gerry

That's wrong, you are paying by check, no PayPal, sorry.

Last edited:

Randy_

Casper: This is certainly your project to run as you see fit and I understand your desire to limit its scope; but.........

I think you are making a small mistake. The savings of a few dollars on the kits themselves will be more than eaten up by the extra cost of having to make a separate order to CSUSA for either bushings or drill bits or both. Think you should reconsider adding those two items to your buy.

Last edited:

OKLAHOMAN

2 questions, first I have some gift certificates will you take tem and second question is I'll be a a show this labor day week end through Monday and my needs hopefully will change and your closing the buy at 9 pm monday can you accept an order in the wee hours on tuesday ? If not I understand.

diamundgem

Hello, I don't have excel either but,
I would like 2 jr Emperor 050-4192
1 jr gent 050-0371
2 jr gent 050-0373
1 lotis 050-4186

need blanks too if you change your mind
send me a note what my charges will be and I will paypal

Darley

I will be interested in this GB will let you know my order later, but I'm agree with Randy and Roy ( to short in items and time ) new members may not have bushings and or drill bits, please reconsider your options

RDH79

As you may have noticed there hasn't been very many people willing to take on a Group Buy . I have never done one myself but can just imagine the work and time in answering emails, sorting and shipping all the orders. I think that this is why Gerry is only wanting to do Kits Only.Then if he changes the rules now people that have already submitted there orders may want to change them. Creating more work. This is how he wants to run the buy so thats fine with me Thanks Gerry for taking on this Group Buy.

Chief Hill

Lol I posted on the classified section asking for bushings and bits. So if this will be reconsidered let me know. It seems I am not the only one that may be needing them.

Rob

mick

Gerry, Here's my order. I'm assuming you wanted the excel file attached. If not let me know and I'll email it to you. If the timetable we discussed earlier changes please let me know as it's going to cut it close for me. I hate to pass up 25% savings but I'm turning barrels now for a big show I've got coming up and will need some time for assembly.

Attachments

• Craft%20Supplies%20Group%20Buy(1).xls
    56 KB · Views: 265

Chief Hill

Gerry Here is my order attached. If you can please check the shipping cost to get it here that would be great.

Email, shipping info, paypal info written in on bottom of spreadsheet Highlighted in Yellow.

Attachments

• Craft%20Supplies%20Group%20Buy(1).xls
    53.5 KB · Views: 257

hewunch

Gerry here is my order.

Attachments

• Copy of Craft Supplies Group Buy hewunch.xls
    53.5 KB · Views: 258

Chasper

We are getting our order together. When will you be closing the group buy?

From the original post above:
"I intend to keep this group buy open for exactly seven days from the date and time of this posting, but reserve the right to shut down the buy at any point if it is growing too large. Likewise, if there is insufficient interest to be able to obtain the lowest prices, the group buy could be canceled entirely (not at all likely)."

Exactly seven days from the start works out to 9:12 pm (Central) on Monday, Sept 7. Also we now have more than 100 pens ordered so there is no question that there is enough interest to meet the minimum quantity for the maximum discount.

Also I neglected to mention delivery insurance. If anyone is interested in insurance, it is available, please contact me.
Gerry

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Well, I saw Gerry posted, had to stop by to see if he has QUIT yet!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Still here, GOOD!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

sbell111

From the original post above:
"I intend to keep this group buy open for exactly seven days from the date and time of this posting, but reserve the right to shut down the buy at any point if it is growing too large. Likewise, if there is insufficient interest to be able to obtain the lowest prices, the group buy could be canceled entirely (not at all likely)."

Exactly seven days from the start works out to 9:12 pm (Central) on Monday, Sept 7. Also we now have more than 100 pens ordered so there is no question that there is enough interest to meet the minimum quantity for the maximum discount.

Also I neglected to mention delivery insurance. If anyone is interested in insurance, it is available, please contact me.
Gerry
Thanks. I clearly didn't read carefully enough.

My wife and I will sit down tonight or tomorrow and figure out how many kits we need. If we miss out on your group buy, perhaps I will throw one together in couple of weeks.

Last edited:

PTownSubbie

My Order

Gerry,

Thanks for doing this. Here is my order. Once I hear from you I will Paypal my total.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• Craft Supplies Group Buy (PTownSubbie).xls
    54 KB · Views: 254

jimofsanston

Man i wish i had my new shop together. I would place an order with you but i am going to have to wait. I got to find out what i still have and get the shop together first. My bad luck. NOT i am smilling ear to ear because of the new place to work.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Gerry ,
I would like to get 2 - 050-0324 I'm not doing well with Excel

Will send Paypal when I have a total . Thanks !

Chuck

Fbranco

Likewise, if there is insufficient interest to be able to obtain the lowest prices, the group buy could be canceled entirely (not at all likely).

Not that you need the extra orders to make up the numbers to qualify for the discount nor that you need the extra work, but I posted this tread on another forum.

The turners there will appreciate to know about the group buy.

... I posted this tread on another forum.
The turners there will appreciate to know about the group buy.

YES WE DO!!!!
Although I post here about as much as I do at Woodworkerszone.com, I missed this thread somehow, so thanks FBranco!!!

Gerry,
here is my order form. I would like shipping insurance also, my delivery guy is a clown.

Please PM me with my total and your Paypal info.

Thanks for doing this group buy!!

-Gregory

Attachments

• Copy of Craft%20Supplies%20Group%20Buy(1).xls
    56 KB · Views: 197

sbell111

I spoke to Cathy and it turns out that we need more than just pen kits, so I think I'll pass up this buy and run a mini group buy in a couple of weeks.

Thanks.

bruce119

I too have been waiting and hoping someone would take on a buy from craft supply.

BUT I need a few more things like bushings, book marks, key chains maybe a few letter openers.

So I can wait till a full buy pops ups.

I really need some acrylics I wish someone would do a big acrylic buy. Like from Wood Pen Pro HINT HINT

I still mite get a few kits after the LONG weekend if I remember. This is just bad timing with the holiday. Heck I don't get back till Tuesday and I think that is the planed close day.

It's great your doing this. Seems like group buys have slowed down.
Thanks
Bruce

SteveH

Pen Order

Gerry

Please add this order to your list and send me your paypal information

Thank you,

Attachments

• Steve Houser'sCraft Supplies Group Buy.xls
    51 KB · Views: 198

Whaler

Here is my order, my Mac doesn't like the spreadsheet.
3 ea 050-0371
3 ea 050-4158
2 ea 050-2330
I get a grand total of $134.46, correct me if I am wrong. Send me your Pay Pal info please.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom