Closed - Turkish Walnut Blanks - No more Available

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Russianwolf

As was recently mentioned over in another forum, a Turkish company is offering us Turkish Walnut pen blanks for a reasonable price. I have gotten word that I can get 200 of these as a trial run, if all goes well then we will continue ordering from them and most likely they will end up on Exotics since I already send some of the woods their way.

So without further ado, the nitty gritty.

To keep this transparent, the price of 200 blanks to me is $395 I'm being told at the moment. So the price for 5 blanks to you will be as follows

5 blanks lots - $10
Shipping in the states - $5 (overseas will be flat-rate envelope rounded up to the next dollar, as I like to keep it simple)
Paypal fees per 5 blank order and what not- $1

So $16 will get you 5 blanks.

Anything left over after all is said and done will go to the site.

Shipping time is estimated at a bout 10 days, but take this with a grain of salt. And lastly, DO NOT buy in if you can't loose the money. This is the first time and while I don't anticipate any problems, we don't know this company.

Picture to come shortly.

Curtis or Monty, let me know if we need to make any changes to this buy, since I know it's not quite the normal type.

The list
Russianwolf 10 Paid
DCBluesman 10 Paid
Ed4copies 10 paid
Soccer2010 5 Sending CheckReceived
Turbowagon 5 Paid
Mark 5 Paid
JDmeyers4 5 Paid
Darrin 5 Paid
Mredburn 5 Paid
Greg O'Sherwood 5 Paid

RDH79 5 Paid
Roddesigner 5 Paid
RyanNJ 5 Paid
Bruce119 5 Paid
Paladin 5 Paid
Slick 5 PAid
BruceK 5 Paid
LandfillLumber 5 Paid
hebertjo 5 Paid
Steelerfan 5 Paid

Livertrans 5 Paid
arw01 5 PAid
Hewunch 5 Paid
Toolman 5 Paid
Heartofapen 5 Paid
DTSWebb 5 Paid
Rchan63 5 Sending Check Sentreceived
Hawksfeather 5 Paid
Greenmtnguy 5 PAid
Pioneerpens 5 Paid

1dweed 5 Paid
ptownsubbie 5 Paid
guylaizure 5 Paid
displacedcanadian 5 Sending Checksentreceived
monty 5 Paid
SteveG 5 PAid
RichF 5 Paid

Attachments

• quality_turkishwalnut.net.jpg
    quality_turkishwalnut.net.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1,080
Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I'd like 20, please PM me your paypal and I will send $64. I agree that I am totally "at risk" on this. IF the merchandise does not arrive, I agree it is MY loss---this is a gamble that I am willing to take!!!

THANKS AGAIN, MIKE!!

I was typing while the other two entries came in---don't want to "hog"--let me know how I can best help, Mike --5, 10, 15, 20--all ok with me.

Russianwolf

One thing I'll mention here. I'm going under the assumption at the moment that their will be no additional fees (customs, etc.) as I haven't experienced those with other woods I've imported from Europe, but will inform everyone if there are any that require a price bump.

Also,
I am lucky enough to have a friend that makes custom gun stocks and he gave me a piece of curly Turkish a couple years ago. The average age of the trees used for this is well over 150 years. The grain of the wood is MUCH tighter than that of regular Black Walnut. It is a pleasure to work with.

Paladin

I will take 5, or 10 if you need to do it that way. Just let me know the PayPal info when appropriate and I will pay that way.

Thanks.

hewunch

Mike,
I am interested but I have a question. The picture looks like sierra sized blanks, but without ruler or tape it is hard to tell. What size blanks are we committing to buy?

I'm in for 5 of them I hope they are nice as the photos on the web site I have found some vendors show only the best of the best.Send me info. for payment.Thanks for doing this,Victor

Russianwolf

blank sizes are 3/4s by 5 inches. The pic is what was sent to me to show the quality of the wood to expect.

This is a test batch to make sure the quality and reliability is there. We don't want anyone taking a big risk on this without knowing. That's why I'm limiting it to 5 blank batches to start. Most of us can afford to loose $10 (if it never shows up, I'll can at least refund people's shipping), but $400 is a lot to risk on an unknown.

Last edited:

dtswebb

Mike -

I posted on the previous thread that I would be willing to put in for 10 blanks. So I'll pay now for the 5 blanks and if we're able to increase, I'll pay for another 5 blanks.

Please PM you info and I'll get you the money.

Thank you.

Matthew

Russianwolf

26 participants so far for 130 confirmed. Have room for 14 more people.

I'm going to close this once we reach 40 people OR 11PM tonight. I'll figure it out then if we need people to take more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom