Cheese slicers.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Got mine today, everything correct in order. Thanks again Mannie for doing the group buy.

I'm trying to figure out instructions from Woodcraft site which shows how to replace broken wire. There's a hole in the long arm of slicer. Is the set screw supposed to go thru handle into this hole? Or do you just tension the wire and tighten the set screw wherever it ends up? Thanks, Jeff

Correction, the hole is in the short arm of the slicer. I must be dumb, it looks so simple to go together or are my wires too short?
Jeff

Start the long arm in the 1/4" hole you drilled. When you reach the slot you cut, slip the end of the wire in the slot and around the arm and push the arm the rest of the way in. Now take the end of the wire with the handle and put it on the short arm. Twist it outward to tension the wire, then use the enclosed screws to screw the handle to the arm. The screw will go through the hole in the handle and into the hole in the arm, this will keep the wire taught.

Here are the plans from Cheesewood slicers: If you want a better /clearer plan, send me you e-mails address. The plans are much better if e-mailed
I'm including a copy of the instructions in everyone's box.

I was able to get a few more boxes ready for shipping today. Could only get about 100 of the slicers packed because the screws were missing from one box. Hopefully I'll get the replacement screws and the last batch of 100 chrome slicers by the end of this week.

The following will be shipped when the rest of the slicers and replacement screws come in:

Monty - 20 chrome
BackyardSmokin - 20 chrome 5 black if there
bean_counter - 25 chrome, 10 black
micharms - 10 chrome, 5 black
edohmann - 5 chrome
Neil - 12 chrome, 12 black
beck3906 - 20 chrome 15 black
Rudya7 - 20 chrome 10 black
DocHoliday - 6 chrome 4 black
Drewboy22 - 5 chrome 5 black

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

Mannie
Mine showed up yesterday.....thank you for taking your time to put this together for all of us.
Cheers
Bob

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
For those who are still waiting for their kits to ship - I received the second batch of 100 chrome kits today that I ordered for Mannie. I will deliver them to Mannie early next week.

Edgar

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
These black slicers will be the death of me yet. Getting the final orders together and I'm short 16 arms and 5 handles with the wire.

I will be shipping the following tomorrow:
Neil
DocHoliday
Drewboy22
BackyardSmokin
bean_counter.

I'll ship to beck3906 and Rudya7 as soon as I get the missing black pieces.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Finally received the last of the black slicers Thursday and in the mail on Friday.
To be fair to Cheeseslicers.com, I don't believe the missing slicers and screws were their fault. I received one MFRB of black slicers that looked like it had beed ripped open and about a roll of tape used to reseal it, and everything inside was jumbled up together, not neatly packed like the other boxes. I suspect it got torn open in shipping and the PO repacked what they thought was everything.
Anyway, Cheeseslicers made good on the missing items so I can't really complain.
Since everyone should have received their package by now, except for the last two packages, I'm closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom