Bulk turner project & pen kits- (CLOSED)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

warreng8170

Hi Chris, Put me down for the following:

2 - Chrome Sedona
5 - Chrome 7mm Streamline Pens (Not slimline)
3 - Chrome Carbara
4 - Chrome Sierra Twist
1 - Chrome Sierra Button-Click
5 - Chrome European

I'll send paypal as soon as I get a total from you.

Thanks!

Brandywine

No worries landfillLumber, I am keeping the ordering open until we are all in. Lets say the 15th at the latest. It would be nice to place the order sooner if everyone is ready maybe in 4 days.

rlharding

Originally posted by Brandywine

I have been on penturners.org for a long time and resigned up again when I changed my woodturning/crafting business name.

Chris, I went to your profile but you have no information posted. I assume you have a website as a professional artist. Can you let me know what it is? Also, what was your original IAP name - I am curious that nobody has posted a 'welcome back'.

I'd like to have a bit more info given I have entrusted you with my $$.

Thanks.;)

rlharding

Chris,
in the absence of hearing your response I need to cancel my order. I can do this through paypal or have you put the money back into paypal under my name. Which would you prefer.

JAB1

I would be interested in:
Kaleidoscope kits
Gold and Chrome cigar kits
Ultra Cigar Kits
Detachable necklace pen

Let me know what the prices will be and when you will be ordering. Please post prices on these items and I will order. Thanks....

rlharding

Chris, since you have already collected the funds I sent, I need to get the refund directly from you. Can you tell me how you will handle this?

thanks

Brandywine

Hi JAB1,

I would be interested in:
$6.10 ea Kaleidoscope kits
$3.80 ea Gold or Chrome cigar kits
$8.00 ea Ultra Cigar Kits
$3.70 ea Detachable necklace pen

I plan to order within 4-5 days

Chris

Brandywine

Ruth has expressed concern that I did not have a link in my profile to my website.
I wish everyone to know that I am somewhat reclusive (especially on the internet) and dont usually fill out personal info in profiles across the forums where I post and read, however I have included a link in my profile and Jeff, the forum owner has my personal info as well.
If any of you have concerns over your orders and payments, I am happy to address them.
Please do email me and give me time to respond.

Thanks,
Chris

Brandywine

Berea has just informed me that they had Kaliedoscope kits, but are now out of stock, and are waiting on us to order to confirm their inventory. I will let you know as more info comes in.

Chris

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I have requested some information from this person and until I get it, I recommend holding off on sending any money for this buy.

DozerMite

Banned
Has anyone visited the website? I find it a bit suspicious that this person is conducting a group buy in a pen forum and doesn't even have pens listed on their site.

Ruth, I hope you get your money back.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Several people have written to me asking if I stand behind the reputation of the member running this buy. The answer to that is NO. He mentioned my name in a post above, and I believe that incorrectly gave the impression that I have validated his credibility.

The IAP (me, moderators, members, etc.) does not get involved in any aspect of member transactions. Here's a snip from the Terms of Service:

Transactions Between Members: Certain areas of the discussion forums at Penturners.org facilitate the buying, selling, and trading of items related to pen turning. You agree that Penturners.org is not brokering or otherwise participating in any purchase, sale, or trade. We have no knowledge of the terms of sale, the condition of any items offered for sale, the accuracy of any aspect of the sale or the use to which any item shall be put. Buyers or trading partners assume all responsibility for proper use of any item so received.

Each person involved in any transaction here needs to be comfortable with the reputation of the person or company with whom they do business. This is especially important when a member does not have an established reputation or is not well-known to us.

If anyone tells you that I or any other representative of the IAP has validated their reputation, that should be the first clue that something is wrong because we don't do that.

It is completely appropriate to ask questions in the public forums about the credibility of a person to whom you are going to send money. If you don't get answers that make you comfortable with their credibility, DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY.

rlharding

I received my refund. Although it was sent by Chris on the 6th it only went to my account yesterday 9th. Other than the $3+ pp fees all funds were returned.

Brandywine

Paypal should be returning their fee as well....they are rather notorius for not being quick on such matters.

Hope you receive it soon Ruth,
Chris

Brandywine

DozerMite,

I do not have pens for sale at this time, however if you feel this would help to validate my background...I will make a few and put them in my store. At this time I am working on Hair sticks and fiber tools and am placing this Berea order in part to get kits and fill out my inventory in the way of pens.

In my above post, I did not indicate that Jeff had vouched for me, simply that he had my personal information. His response after I sent that information was "Thanks for the fast response. All seems fine to me. You look like a solid internet citizen to me."

So I am disappointed in the continuing paranoia that is snowballing here in the thread.

To those of you who have posted positive comments and ordered, Thank you. Your community minded support and friendliness is why I am a member on this forum and many others.

It is highly unlikely that I will host another Group buy here. I have not found this to be a positive experience, and have been hurt by the distrust shown.

The order will be placed on the 13th, and as I have said, all will be kept informed of when it ships, arrives and ships out to each of you.

Chris

wlk

Chris,

Chill.

Let's look at this objectively. On the one hand, at the time of my post, you have only 28 postings yourself. (I have less than 100) You've been a member for less than 40 days. I think a call for credentials and transparency is not untoward. On the other hand, members who run group buys have to begin somewhere. I think on balance, if I were to start a group buy, that I would expect that people would look at my profile and a sampling of my posts to see if investing in my reputation were a prudent idea. I suspect that some may conclude because of my less-than-100 posts over 9 months would cause them to "pass." That would be okay with me.

Chris, you seem to be a "go getter," and I admire you for that quality. I think we all need to work on getting and maintaining forum "cred." As I read the Jeff's post, no one is assigning guilt to you. We're just looking for "cred" and transparency.

Soooo chill, grow, and enjoy the guys (and gals) on the forum. From my (limited experience) they are a great (and fun) group.

BTW, welcome to the group. I look forward to interacting with you through the forum in the future.

Wade

You can not be hurt by someones distrust in you, trust is like respect it is gain or earned.Would you willingly ship me $100 from paypal with out looking at a few things, I have no web site, only a good number of posts. I think most would not think twice to trust me in a group buy as I feel I have earned the forums trust(I hope,LOL) not by large numbers of posts but in dealing with people the way I want to be dealt with(like a human being). Sorry for the big scare on you, but you must look at the situation and think hmmm it does look like a question or two should be asked. Great group of guys around this site so stick around and you will meet many new friends.Good luck sir, Victor

Brandywine

Hi,

Yes, I am just headed to the post office to check for last minute payments by mail.

I will order this afternoon.

Use the price in the 100 column under any of the kits offered by Berea (www.bereahardwoods.com). You can order and pay via paypal. Add $4.80 for shipping and 3% to the total for the paypal fee.

Chris

bvanwie

I'd like to grab:
N Series Bookmark 2.25
5x Ceiling Fan Pull Kit 5 * 1.25= 6.25
3x Pill Holder Kit 3 * 3.35= 10.05
Compact Mirror Kit 4.75
Flashlight "Pen" 4.75
5x Chrome Key Ring 5 * 1.30= 6.50
2x Gold "Tooth Pick" Holder - Key Ring 2 * 2.20= 4.40

What do I do now? :)

DocStram

Originally posted by Brandywine

DozerMite,

I do not have pens for sale at this time, however if you feel this would help to validate my background...I will make a few and put them in my store. At this time I am working on Hair sticks and fiber tools and am placing this Berea order in part to get kits and fill out my inventory in the way of pens.

In my above post, I did not indicate that Jeff had vouched for me, simply that he had my personal information. His response after I sent that information was "Thanks for the fast response. All seems fine to me. You look like a solid internet citizen to me."

So I am disappointed in the continuing paranoia that is snowballing here in the thread.

To those of you who have posted positive comments and ordered, Thank you. Your community minded support and friendliness is why I am a member on this forum and many others.

It is highly unlikely that I will host another Group buy here. I have not found this to be a positive experience, and have been hurt by the distrust shown.

The order will be placed on the 13th, and as I have said, all will be kept informed of when it ships, arrives and ships out to each of you.

Chris

Chris .... Being hurt by feelings of "distrust" is entirely your own doings. For whatever reason, you haven't exactly given me any special reason to earn your trust .... at least not enough to participate in a group buy. I've visited your website and still know almost nothing about you . . . . other than you have a "Solar powered workshop high in the Colorado Rocky Mountains". I'm not saying that I "distrust" you .... I just don't trust anyone enough to send them my hard earned money until I at least know their full name, address and phone number. You've had plenty of opportunities to let us know more about you. For whatever reason, you haven't taken the opportunity to do so. From my earlier post (which was about the third one in this thread) you could have "smelled the bacon" and told us more about yourself. So please don't act like a hurt puppy whom nobody cares about. This is your doing. Get it?

Brandywine

As of Friday afternoon, Bereas server seems to be down...all I get is constant loading, but no page from their website.

Please someone else try loading it and let me know (email) if you get the same result.
www.bereahardwoods.com

I need a few bits of information to finish placing the order.

Thanks,
Chris

tbroye

Just tried no luck. Could they be affected by all the bad weather and flooding? Don't know where they are located, but lines could be down or power out.

Tom

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Hi Chris,

I just wanted to give you a big public thank you for running a group buy - they're a lot of work, and there's a lot of opportunity for headaches, so I thought I'd toss in the thank you in advance.

Couldn't join this one, but if all goes well and you run another one, I might join in then! :)

Andrew

Brandywine

Hi all,

The order is placed and I am waiting on confirmation of inventory.
It will be shipped UPS so hopefully most of us wont have to wait very long to start turning with these kits.

Chris

jskeen

Hey Chris,

Got my kits from the group buy today, as advertised, correct and complete. Thanks for all the work. Did Berea actually break the kits up into the individual sub orders and staple the instructions to each different type of kit, or did you sit up all night doing that monday? Can't wait to turn the new pens, so thanks again, and I'd send you money for a buy anytime, no questions asked. [}:)]

James

Brandywine

Hi James,

Great, glad they got to you quickly. I split the orders up repacked them and sent them out from the bulk order from Berea.

Anyone who needs instructions for their kits can get them directly at the http://www.bereahardwoods.comwebsite. find your item then the link for the .pdf instructions will be near the prices on that webpage.

Chris

bvanwie

Thanks for the group buy, Chris. I finally had a chance to double-check things (I was on vacation), and everything is here and accounted for. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom