Barrel trimmer group buy PLEASE READ UPDATE

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

Draken, I have you listed and paid up so you are fine.
I am running behind today, horrible day at work. Had to drive to Lake Tahoe, Hang out a while on beach front property. Terrible just terrible. Will catch up with e-mails as soon as I can. I will also put a list in my original post as usual. So hang tight I am just being a little slower than usual on this buy.

Daniel

Everyone up to this post should have gotten an e-mail from me. Unless you are like Draken and already sent payment. I will start making a list for page one that confirms if I have you paid or not.
Of 55 orders only 19 are not paid so that is going very well, considering 10 of those just got e-mailed.
So far no problem matching payments with members and only one missing address. Thanks

follow3

Hey Daniel,

Paypal sent and order revised to include one more extra head.
I added the extra money to the payment.

Thanks a lot for donating your time for this buy!!!!!
Steve

almer

Originally posted by Daniel

Update 4-9-08
There is plenty of interest in this group buy so It will be going through.
I will keep this buy open until requests slow down and no longer justify waiting.

Payments will be made by pay pal to
daniel@yourdonspens.com
If you want to do your own math from the prices and charges below. GO ahead and send payment.
Make sure I have your address. and can match your payment with your IAP username.
otherwise I will e-mail you with the total for your order.

I have received a few e-mails asking if I have any mills left over from the last group buys. I have also gotten one e-mail outright asking that I do another group buy for them. So I am testing the waters to see if there is enough demand to conduct another one.
For now please just post the items and quantities you would like to get. it needs to reach 100 heads or so to make these prices work.

Pen Mill set $12.32
20084901038_20071114211858660.jpg

Set includes: 7.mm,8mm,3/8. and 10mm pilots, cutter head and wrench.

Pen Mill 3/4"cutter head w/ wrench $3.59
20084901134_20071126234350724.jpg

Pilot For 7mm tube $1.65
Pilot For 8mm tube $2.11
Pilot For 3/8" tube $2.87
Pilot For 10mm tube $3.10
20084901243_20071126234542257.jpg

Pilots are just the shaft with no cutter head or wrench.

7mm pen mill $5.07
8mm pen mill $5.63
3/8" pen mill $6.39
10mm pen mill $6.58
20084901325_20071126235830414.jpg

All mills include a Pilot, cutter head, and wrench

Add $5.05 for postage and pay pal transaction.
Canada and mexico add $4.40 in addition to the $5.05 above.
any other country add $6.40 in addition to the $5.05 above.

List of Orders:
bettyt44720 PAID
warreng8170 PAID
ericw95 PAID
Reb
THarvey PAID
1JaredSchmidt PAID
Glass Scratcher
rincewind03060 PAID
ed4copies PAID
Rojo22
rherrell PAID
MLKWoodWorking PAID
alamocdc PAID
GoodTurns PAID
Dan_F PAID
pentex PAID
heineda
woody0207 PAID
pipeyeti PAID
jthompson1995 PAID
jamiller99 PAID
markgum PAID
oldcaptainrusty PAID
splinter99 PAID
opfoto
Gruntster PAID
ken69912001 PAID
Tea Clipper PAID
hunter-27 PAID
loglugger PAID
1nfinity PAID
igran7 PAID
follow3
rjwolfe3
n7blw PAID
JimH PAID
eastern47
PrivatePens PAID
Chasper PAID
Draken PAID
negid PAID
MoreCowBell PAID
pssherman PAID
Geo in Winnipeg PAID
Harolda33 PAID
zhogrider
wicook
greenmtnguy
RHossack
Jim15
Monty
Pen Man
mdburn_em
roddesigner

If you are not listed as paid but have sent payment please e-mail me.
I sent payment for 3 cutters 2 7 mm tubes 1 8 mm tube 1 3/8 tube 1 10 mm tube

Daniel

Just to let everyone know I did not fall off the face of the earth. I will be back later to get caught up.
In case anyone is wondering. I plan to keep this open through the week end at least. If orders keep coming, I will keep it open even longer.

RWL5420

Here is my order, 1 of each please

7mm pen mill $5.07
8mm pen mill $5.63
3/8" pen mill $6.39
10mm pen mill $6.58
Pen Mill 3/4"cutter head w/ wrench $3.59

Daniel

OK once again anyone posted an order up to this point should have received an e-mail for payment, or I already had your payment and you should be listed as paid. If this is not true e-mail me, post here, find somebody that knows of other ways to reach me, whatever you need to do to get my attention. This group buy does not happen very often. Those that e-mail me in a week or a month asking when the next one will be. Will not likely be real thrilled to find out it will be as much as 6 months from now. If you want to get a mill set at a great price but need a week or two to pay for it. let me know.
The following is in responce to e-mails I got after the last buy. Not a member? then e-mail me at daniel@yourdonspens.com and let me know you want to order. A member of some other penturning group. Fine by me order anyway and let the other group know about this. Not sure this is a good deal?
You can get the pen mill set through this group buy for a total cost of $17.37 From P.S.I. this same set is $35.95 plus shipping. Look it up for yourself it is item #PKTRIMKIT
The real sweet deal with this buy is to buy a set and 3 heads. this way you never have to switch the head around on your pilots, they all have one on them already. Through this group buy you can do that for $28.13 (still less than just the set from P.S.I. That same set up from P.S.I would cost almost $75.00 (probably over $80.00 when you add the shipping). There are so many better things you can do with your money (like buy some of the wood I will be offering soon). There are very few group buys that offer that kind of savings. As for quality, I have seen them, I used them and I would not offer them in a group buy if they where not good. There are other items from this company that I will not do group buys for due to quality.
Well that is my pitch. please don't miss out just because you didn't ask for special treatment. In my opinion a Bulk Buy should treat you special. I'm not in business I'm a friend.

Timbo

I would like:

5 Cutter heads ($3.59) - - $17.95
1 10mm pen mill ($6.58) - - $6.58
S&H ($5.05) - - $5.05
=====================================
$29.58

Thanks. Paypal sent.

Daniel

Mostly because I am bored, It is two early to go out and cut wood, and I think it is interesting.
This group buy has gone over $2,100 in total cost at this point.
It includes 52 complete sets and 256 cutter heads. It also has 26 7mm pen mills and various other small amounts of the other size mills and pilots.
This is the third group buy I have done for pen mills with each having simular numbers. This means approx 750 cutter heads in total. Not sure about all of you but that sort of makes me set back and do a daaaang!
In total the three orders combined would have a total weight of around 120 lbs. This group buy alone is at 42 lbs.
Although this buy has the largest number of people in it by over 50% (66 so far). average order size is smaller, so total group buy volume is about the same as previous buys.

jdoug5170

Daniel....not sure what I'm buying, but hey, you all say it is good and I will need it.... so, my payment is in for 1 complete set of the "pen mill"... Whoo hoo, I'm gonna be a pen turner (again)!

kenwc

Daniel,

Please put me down for two each (2 each) of the:
Pilot For 7mm tube $1.65
Pilot For 8mm tube $2.11
Pilot For 3/8" tube $2.87
Pilot For 10mm tube $3.10

And six (6) of the: Pen Mill 3/4" cutter head w/ wrench $3.59

Please send a Paypal invoice to traderman04@haoo.com

Thanks....!!!

Daniel

Well Doug, this is only the single most important tool you can have in a penmakers shop. except maybe the lathe...turning tools....uh drill bits, CA glue, drill press, band saw. Alright it is my prefered way to square the end of the blank. Got your order and you are all set.
Ken invoice on the way.

Daniel

Paul, you are the one on the list as initials only.
This is the list of people I have not heard from at all in regard to payment.
Rojo22
opfoto
mdburn_em
Rusty
kenwc
Not bad for a group buy with this many people in it.

Daniel

Frank, E-mail sent
Only two orders so far today, but seeing that people are still trying to beat the clock. I will continue to play this by ear. I really do not want to cut anyone off by half a day.

Daniel

I am amazed but Rizheng reversed there decision. I am really shocked, the short story is they made a mistake in the last order and sent a wrong item. They did not make it right at that time which was already a mark against them, Although they did say they would fix it with my next order. Now that the next order is coming up they said I had to pay for the items again. Basically stiffing me for the entire actual cost of replacement. It is not that big of a deal cost wise. my problem is that when I do Bulk Buys I am shopping for all of you in the group. I also know many of the people in this group and they would not choose to do business with a company like that. Well anyway Rizheng reversed there decision after doing some homework and are replacing the items at there cost. So they are capable of doing the right thing, who would have thought.:)

I would like 4 heads....ummm....cutter heads, that is! If I read the edit to your first message correctly, you're still taking orders. Just in case I blew it, can you either pm me with a PayPal total or just drop me a reply here and I'll go to PayPal and start shoveling money your way. Thanks!!

Daniel

Tom, you are good, you read right. I will get back to you with a total this evening. I don't have all my nifty bulk buy doo dads on this computer.
I am trying to be very careful about closing this to early. I opened and closed the first two pretty quick and got quite a bit of e-mails. I always hear how three or four people saw it a day to late or something. I've had my person that got registered before it closed this time around so that one is taken care of. Then there are the people that are on vacation and won't check in on the site until it closes no matter when I close it. Of course I have to think about that guy that was the first one to Sign up, well he sent me his money a week ago and is starting to wonder if I am ever going to order anything. So far there is only one order for today. If it does not pick up I will end it and get the order placed. I also have two or three things going on behind the scenes that are trying to get wrapped up. So no need to close this if I am going to hold up the order for something else anyway. I expect to have the order placed within two days. If I don't then everyone can start the barrage of where is my stuff e-mails. Although this stuff is coming from China, once I place the order it goes really fast. 4-5 days for the package to reach me and another 5 days to a week from me to you. My wife was talking about killing me last time when we had 40 packages. this one is up around 75, So looking for a new place to live is cramping my style:) I've managed to completely avoid her for the last two days but have heard reports that she got the gun out and cleaned it.
Keep in mind I am also working with the walnut burl. this sort of bulk buy is simple compared to that one. I actually have time to get bored and write meaningless drivel like this. actually these little posts help avoid writing 20 e-mails about when I plan to place the order. Anyway. 5 to 6 orders a day has been my line in the sand. if they fall below that I will end the buy and it looks like that might happen today. but I thought that yesterday also.

UpNorth

I'll take two sets and 6 extra cutters.

Will send paypal payment this evening.

Thanks!
Ryan

rduncan

I'm confused but if still open:
1 complete set plus 3 additional cutter heads plus S&H should equal $28.14 if my brain still functioning. Can/do you send Paypal invoices??? Yes, this is my second buy since I "lost" the original order. Yep, I guess that means it's time for me to clean up.

Rick Duncan

Daniel

Rick, and Ryan jsut sent you both e-mails.
Noticed something while I was entering the info for these last three orders. there is only room for 12 more orders in my calculator. I wrote it so there would never be any chance to overload it. with 40 orders considered a really big bulk buy I made the calculator able to hold 95. it is almost full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom